Toast David Mundy will retire at the end of 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

🤣
That was the weird part that they left it in .
I guess we needed some affirmation that Barra is actually human and not some Jesus type reincarnation

I’m taking extra hanky’s to the game , there are going to be tears

Much loved Son

Are you going to the game ?
Annoyingly I have a thing, but I should be able to watch most of it on TV 🤞🏼🤞🏼 I don’t get to many games these days.

Thought it was funny his daughter wouldn’t let him pick her up at the end because he was too muddy
I thought it was funny the cameraman kept flashing to a lady carrying a kid who was with the rest of the Mundy crew on the ground after the game. Presumably thinking it was his wife and kid,only to be like oh s**t wrong person when he walked up to a different woman and a treble of kids. Gotta say our club greats seem to have ripping families and partners compared to the limelight seeking WAG culture in Melbourne.

So glad I was able to get to that game .
Even the crap weather didn’t really put a damper on it ( our accuracy around goal nearly did though 🙄)

The crowd was genuinely in awe of the guys dedication to the club and responded accordingly.
Was a scrappy win but if ever anyone deserved it, Dave did !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might be some bias but it has appeared to me that since The Decision he is playing ridiculously well. Like reverse The Decision well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Genuinely think he should unretire at seasons end. Having a look at the retirees going around the league this year, is anyone going better than Mundy?

Jamie Elliot gets all the pundits for his clutch heroics, and rightfully so, but Pendlebury setting them up is just as important. Compare that to Carlton who are devoid of any leadership in those clutch situations. Experience matters in big moments. We haven't had a genuinely big moment in about 7 years, but I have a feeling we are going to get a heap of them soon.

Might be some bias but it has appeared to me that since The Decision he is playing ridiculously well. Like reverse The Decision well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Right decision i think. He sees the finish line in sight and has one final surge.

Also helps he has clarity i reckon the uncertainty of what he was going to do wouldn't have helped mindset and form.

Genuinely think he should unretire at seasons end. Having a look at the retirees going around the league this year, is anyone going better than Mundy?

Jamie Elliot gets all the pundits for his clutch heroics, and rightfully so, but Pendlebury setting them up is just as important. Compare that to Carlton who are devoid of any leadership in those clutch situations. Experience matters in big moments. We haven't had a genuinely big moment in about 7 years, but I have a feeling we are going to get a heap of them soon.
He's definitely going to leave a big hole when he's gone, but, as they say, better to leave with some still in the tank. Four finals wins will hothouse the leadership skills of any number of players for next year I'd say.

Nah, going well the last couple but a dead set liability on some of the quicker tracks such as Marvel. I am very excited to see the battle between Erasmus and Johnson for the role next year. They both bring size and oodles more speed.

Nah, going well the last couple but a dead set liability on some of the quicker tracks such as Marvel. I am very excited to see the battle between Erasmus and Johnson for the role next year. They both bring size and oodles more speed.

I want to see Johnson take Mundy's spot and then Erasmus and Andrew Brayshaw rotate through the wing and stoppages in place of Acres.

The AFL loves a story heading into the finals, they love a narrative they can stick a simple little saying with and get people motivated to care about teams that aren't theirs winning.

Well the stage is set. Do it for Dave.

Have the umps and score reviewers been advised by the AFL about this fairytale scenario ?.

Have the umps and score reviewers been advised by the AFL about this fairytale scenario ?.

The Dogs had to get through to the prelim before the AFL bonus kicked in.

Elim final free kicks = 17-13
Semi final free kicks = 19-14
Prelim free kicks = 23-13
GF free kicks = 20-8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back