Defunct clubs you have been involved with

Remove this Banner Ad

Cash dried up at the sawmill the reason for Bayliss going to coldy?

No club I have played for has gone into recess but my old side in Sydney renamed themselves.

You can’t have 21 players on big coin playing somewhere they don’t care about.

Always ends in tears.

Old man played in the last Parkana Demons team up in Rocky in 1993. In the end it was a case of being somewhat financially stable but there were no players left. 93 they dropped out of the seniors about a third into the season, finished the year playing reserves. There ended up being a reunion on the day of the 1998 AFL GF, where pennants were Dutch auctioned off at half time (can't remember who secured them or how much for). Players dispersed through the remaining Rockhampton based clubs. The ground used at the Capricorn Country Club which doubled as the driving range during the week (not uncommon to find golf balls embedded in the ground during games apparently) was first converted into a baseball venue, and is now extra golf holes for the course which wasn't a full 18 in 1993. The year before they'd just installed training lights (they trained at their old Church Park venue, which was 2 blocks away, prior to this) and not long before then new dressing rooms were built which golf now uses for storage.

I played my entire career with South Purrumbete from 1972 to 1983.
South Purrumbete were in the Colac DFL until the end 1980.
In 1981 they moved to Heytesbury FL. Heytesbury and Mt Noorat FL merged for 1992.
South Purrumbete merged (Absorbed Scotts Creek in 1996) kept name and jumper
Wound up 2000.

360116667_670521785115577_7822682536597898213_n.jpg

Start as an 8 year old, played in the first U14 team in 1974, about 12 of us on the bench. I would have got 5 minutes.
The only time I was selected on Thursday night was my senior debut at 15, against Pirron Yallock I did a PCL just before half time.
I eventually played about 20 senior games after that, each time get pulled out of the reserves at 3/4 time to line up again in the seniors.
I estimate 120 games for U14/U15s, 50 games in the reserves and 20 in the seniors.
Stopped playing at 18 due to study and working in Melbourne and didn't have time to play.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back