Oppo Camp Delusional Pearlers III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just saw someone say Burgoyne goes missing under pressure.

Seriously, the bloke is the most clutch player at Hawthorn, possibly the league.

He is a four time premiership player and somehow still the most underrated player in the entire league.
If someone asked me "pick a player from Hawthorn" I'd think long and hard about Roughead/Gunston and then pick Burgoyne anyway. The guy is a bona-fide superstar of the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The $1 back is irrelevant. The number is the profit you make.
You're every bookmakers favourite punter eth, giving away your initial stake.

The $1 is not irrelevant in this context. If I bet $1 on something that is quoted at 50-1 and it comes through, I get $51 from the bookie. Similarly if the price is quoted as $51 and I bet $1, I get $51 back if the bet comes through. Ergo, 50-1 is equivalent to $51 being quoted.

The $1 is not irrelevant in this context. If I bet $1 on something that is quoted at 50-1 and it comes through, I get $51 from the bookie. Similarly if the price is quoted as $51 and I bet $1, I get $51 back if the bet comes through. Ergo, 50-1 is equivalent to $51 being quoted.
50-1 is $50. The initial stake is always returned. The "odds" are the profit per dollar.

How come you get the stake back here on top of the odds?
So if you back something that's $1.12 you get $2.12 back?

You're not across this whole gambling thing are you?

But not here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back