Did Wanganeen leg Molloy?

Remove this Banner Ad

NathanD

All Australian
Sep 21, 2001
Tassie
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
In the 3rd qtr, deep in the Pies pocket, it appeared as if Wanganeen may have legged Molloy behind the play. Molloy dived awkwardly forward running away from Wanganeen who was on the ground.

It wasn't replayed - I was wondering if anyone else saw it and what was their opinion?

I totally agree Nathan D, Wanganeen did leg someone, but the world's greatest sniper will probably get by again.
I saw the incident but wasn't sure who the player was at the time and the lack of discussion about it led me to believe that I may have imagined the whole thing.
So thank you for confirming to me that it wasn't my imagination.

Originally posted by Dogwatcher
I totally agree Nathan D, Wanganeen did leg someone, but the world's greatest sniper will probably get by again.
I saw the incident but wasn't sure who the player was at the time and the lack of discussion about it led me to believe that I may have imagined the whole thing.
So thank you for confirming to me that it wasn't my imagination.

He does seem to be one of the AFL untouchables and his ability to milk freekicks and 50m penalties, (purely empirical observations, not substantiated by any stats), must be up near the top of the list.

What about Primus on Scott Burns?

It was just after the first boundary throw in, in Q1.

Burns is running behind the ball carrier and as he passes Primus he punches him in the guts and Burns doubles over.

You just catch it in the normal play, but when you see the replay from down the ground after the Betheras goal you see what how sneaky and dirty the action was.

The ump will probably turn a blind eye I suspect.

Didn't see Wanganeen but saw the one on Burns. It's finals and you have to be tough. Not sure Primus' was very tough though but I am sure Burns is tough enough to take a snipe like that. Primus tried to play the tough guy all night but every time he tried to crsh the pack in the first quarter he was grabbed and held up. He played a very predicable game and was therefore relatively easily countered.

Originally posted by jabso
The AFL tribunal are currently reviewing the game, apon reports from umpires claiming that alot of Port players should be charged with choking.
They didn't choke.

Originally posted by Eago77

Why if he is so untouchable does he get reported and suspended for sh*thouse incidents?

He got off last week didn't he?
Media reports suggest that Brisbane were less than impressed with the verdict handed down.

The umpire may as well have seen it 1 metre in front of his face, if they don't have video evidence ****erneen gets off.

Unless his name is Chris Tarrant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Dogwatcher
He got off last week didn't he?
Media reports suggest that Brisbane were less than impressed with the verdict handed down.

The incident occurred as a result of Wanganeen trying to avoid contact with Lappin, who came in from his blind side to lay a shepherd on the Members side.. It was more a glancing blow, as Wanganeen jumped to the left and braced himself for the contact - even turning his head away from the collision just before impact.. He didn't strike him and tried to avoid contact, so WTF can he be suspended for?!? :rolleyes:

If you didn't SEE the incident, don't open your yappa. Simple really..

ANYWAY, Lappin was so badly hurt, it really hindered him on Sat. Night.. Any soreness in his leg would be from kicking the leather off the fuggen seed... :D

I've got to ask, if an opposition player carried on like Wanganeen does, sniping behind play, diving for free kicks, you'd be happy about that would you?
I just want to know?
And before you go on about Buckley, which usually happens, yes I often think he crosses the line and does some silly things- including the blood incident. So I would like to think I'm not being hypocritical when I say that I dislike Wangas' style of play.
Can you be big enough to admit that Wangas is no angel?

*****Disclaimer: this is not typed in an agressive mood, it is a question******

Originally posted by MarkT
Didn't see Wanganeen but saw the one on Burns. It's finals and you have to be tough. Not sure Primus' was very tough though but I am sure Burns is tough enough to take a snipe like that. Primus tried to play the tough guy all night but every time he tried to crsh the pack in the first quarter he was grabbed and held up. He played a very predicable game and was therefore relatively easily countered.

Although Port have a lot of good players, I tend to think that their apparent 'toughness' is something they are trying to 'put on' (or perhaps develop, I guess). The thing is though, you can't just expect guys to go out on the field, and "act tough", or "toughen up", because more often than not, this will be seen as a call for greater 'aggression'. Until this sort of thing comes naturally from players, it will most often be misguided (especially from younger, inexperienced players), and therefore easily dealt with by more experienced and truly tough players.

Originally posted by NathanD
In the 3rd qtr, deep in the Pies pocket, it appeared as if Wanganeen may have legged Molloy behind the play. Molloy dived awkwardly forward running away from Wanganeen who was on the ground.

It wasn't replayed - I was wondering if anyone else saw it and what was their opinion?
He wasn't reported on video evidence. So he mustn't have.

Re: Re: Did Wanganeen leg Molloy?

Originally posted by suzi_olsen

He wasn't reported on video evidence. So he mustn't have.

Did Mick Martyn smash Simon Black's eye socket in the '99 Prelim final. Was he reported on video evidence? No.

But he did do it.

Your grasp of logic astonishes me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back