Diet and nutrition

Remove this Banner Ad

Bazzar check out Layne Norton's vlogs on metabolic adaptation

Thanks i will check it out later. I have never heard of the metabolic adaption/damage and have been doing some googling and cannot find and scientific data for an explanation as to what it is just bodybuilding forums.

Last edited:

Thanks i will check it out later. I have never heard of the metabolic adaption/damage and have been doing some googling and cannot find and scientific data for an explanation as to what it is just bodybuilding forums.

It is something that people are just starting to open up too, even Layne himself has changed his views on it in the last 3 years. I believe there isn't much direct study on it, but explains why people can't get out of the lose weight on a diet, gain more weight post diet. It has changed my views on "cheat days" overeating and losing weight on as many calories as possible.

It is something that people are just starting to open up too, even Layne himself has changed his views on it in the last 3 years. I believe there isn't much direct study on it, but explains why people can't get out of the lose weight on a diet, gain more weight post diet. It has changed my views on "cheat days" overeating and losing weight on as many calories as possible.
Hasn't this been the crux of argument against crash-dieting for years, body adaptation?

I remember reading articles during series 1 of TBL that were highly critical of the methods used by trainers on that show - physiologically, it is the theory behind changing workout routines on a regular basis (be that 6 weeks, 3 months, etc).

Do yourself n family a huge favour & Find the time to watch this.

Explains why n how calories aren't equal, debunks cals in v cals out.
The role sugar plays in cholesterol.

Demonstrates how high carb diets are actually high fat diets & the important difference between certain carb types.

Show this to your kids, parents & grandparents & save'm from diabetes, obesity n heart disease.

Exposes the coco cola conspiracy , food pyramid n why the FDA want regulate bad food.

Demonstrates how high carb diets are actually high fat diets & the important difference between certain carb types.

Show this to your kids, parents & grandparents & save'm from diabetes, obesity n heart disease.

Exposes the coco cola conspiracy , food pyramid n why the FDA want regulate bad food.

Great video, thanks mate :thumbsu: It's way past my bedtime so I might have to re watch it tomorrow.

I watched this about 3 months ago, definitely recommended.

ice cream.png

Just wondering if anyone else here has tried this? The macro's is pretty impressive for ice-cream, and although it doesn't list it above the fibre per serve is 3.2 grams. Only problem is whenever I buy it (once every 2 months or so) I end up eating half the tub (amazingly still only 1440 kj's, 28.8 carbs, 16.8 protein, 8.4 fat and 19.2 fibre) in one serve. Certainly feel pretty crap afterwards but I'd get that feeling when I eat half a tub of normal ice-cream too (hence why I buy it only every month or so), but I was wondering whether people reckon this is overly bad for you? Obviously the sweeteners 955 and 950 are arguably toxic for your body and may be carcinogenic (I'm still undecided as to where I stand on that, too many arguments for both sides, although I try to avoid them except on odd occasions), but is there any reason this stuff would be worse than normal ice-cream, low fat ice-cream or even a full sugar/diet soft drink?

Also when I say it makes me feel crap I mean pretty bloated, occasional stomach rumble and even gas.

I wouldn't eat that crap, looks s**t and has toxic ingredients. I don't know where it stands relative to other ice-cream because i don't buy that either.

If it's making you feel like crap then............. stop buying it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That icecream is about as real as GWS flag chance this year. Not one natural ingredient which hasn't been adultered. The fact that skim milk is used as the base ingredient would be enough for me to stop reading the rest of the ingredients. However, vegetable gums, soy, mineral salt, flavours and sweeteners.

jee whiz just eat some some cacao powder or dark chocolate sprinkled on heavy whipped cream or yoghurt for desert.

That icecream is about as real as GWS flag chance this year. Not one natural ingredient which hasn't been adultered. The fact that skim milk is used as the base ingredient would be enough for me to stop reading the rest of the ingredients. However, vegetable gums, soy, mineral salt, flavours and sweeteners.

jee whiz just eat some some cacao powder or dark chocolate sprinkled on heavy whipped cream or yoghurt for desert.

Yes i'm all about home made desserts. They're so so so much better in every way, including taste and most importantly they don't make you feel like crap. You don't have miss out on delicious desserts and food just because you're eating cleanly.

and you can make your own ice cream that tastes delicious.

All the more reason to keep eating it.

Im assuming the fibre is the Polydextrose.
Haha yeh I feel crap afterwards but is pretty good whilst eating it. Ice cream is the one thing that I find overly addictive and that's why I have to eat half a tub each time and that's why I only buy every so often.

Was wondering about the fibre too. Thought there would have to be a catch with that.

Yes i'm all about home made desserts. They're so so so much better in every way, including taste and most importantly they don't make you feel like crap. You don't have miss out on delicious desserts and food just because you're eating cleanly.

and you can make your own ice cream that tastes delicious.

I enjoy frozen coconut milk/vanilla whey and also dark chocolate most nights for sweets but I've never found a good healthy ice cream recipe (that doesn't require an ice-cream machine). Have tried a handful of recipes (protein powder ice cream, coconut milk, etc) that are normally pretty nice but they still aren't really ice-cream. Similar to cauliflower pizza bases in that they are quite nice (and healthy) but they still don't taste exactly like the real thing.

I enjoy frozen coconut milk/vanilla whey and also dark chocolate most nights for sweets but I've never found a good healthy ice cream recipe (that doesn't require an ice-cream machine). Have tried a handful of recipes (protein powder ice cream, coconut milk, etc) that are normally pretty nice but they still aren't really ice-cream. Similar to cauliflower pizza bases in that they are quite nice (and healthy) but they still don't taste exactly like the real thing.
I have an ice cream maker - there is a banana pecan recipe floating around somewhere that works quite well, and I do make coconut ice cream as well. 'm not too sweet tooth though so regular store bought ice cream is too sweet for me anyway (and I avoid processed sugar regardless).

All this talk of ice cream has spurred me on to make another batch or two & The F'ing lessor half informs me we have an ice cream maker in the back of the kitchen corner cupboard & it's been there for the past 5 years!!!!
Great communication in our house, not!
Previously just mixing ingredients in the blender then freezing, good but the same as an ice creamery product.

Google Paleo ice cream n you'll discover 1000's of recipes.

Mint Coconut tonight me thinks!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back