Diet and nutrition

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm a Jarrad Grant built like fella and am currently drinking a 1275 cal. shake. Feels stupid but somehow exhilarating.

It looks ok but i would like a better breakdown of the ingredients. Where do they sell it?

I got it from La Manna supermarkets originally, but now Ive got a bloke who puts them aside and I pick them up bulk.

Can't find the nutritional breakdown on-line, but it's legit. If you're expecting amazing taste you'll be disappointed, but it's nice enough and does a job.

need to know this! Can you share?
Of course :)

half a cup of almond milk
half a cup of hazelnut milk
couple of tbsp of cacao (how ever many you like really)
couple of tbsp of rice malt syrup (add as much as you like)
peanut butter

heat it up until the mixture starts rising up the pan. I haven't been making it in the warmer months but i was having it most nights in winter... EVeryone i made it for loved it as well :)

What about some bone marrow and bourbon smoked cheese ice cream?
bone.jpg

http://firstwefeast.com/eat/bone-marrow-ice-cream-exists/

Of course :)

half a cup of almond milk
half a cup of hazelnut milk
couple of tbsp of cacao (how ever many you like really)
couple of tbsp of rice malt syrup (add as much as you like)
peanut butter

heat it up until the mixture starts rising up the pan. I haven't been making it in the warmer months but i was having it most nights in winter... EVeryone i made it for loved it as well :)

Cheers. :)

Going to use this as it cools down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I

Obese people don't need to do 3hours of training a day to loose weight, they need to get their health restored so their hormones can work more productive again.
They can exercise all they like but it won't eventuate to anything long term if their hormones are fighting against them.
agree. their main problem is insulin resistance. Address that first and foremost and people will lose weight.

Good article. Their are numerous overweight women at my gym who spend so much time on the cardio machines and to my eyes have not lost much in the 12 or more months i have seen them there, but they are aerobically fit so that isnt a bad thing.

Lyle McDonald summed it up with weight loss, you should never cut cals by more than 1000 and that should be total including food and exercise, so if you drop 1000 cals do no exercise, if you drop 500 cals do 500 cals worth of cardio etc, etc. His recomendation is to reduce cals by 20-30% and do resistance training. For me the best cardio is boxing, TRX hiit and rowing machine hiit (thats a total killer) All three are power based and work the muscle groups as well as a good aerobic workout.

Good article. Their are numerous overweight women at my gym who spend so much time on the cardio machines and to my eyes have not lost much in the 12 or more months i have seen them there, but they are aerobically fit so that isnt a bad thing.

Lyle McDonald summed it up with weight loss, you should never cut cals by more than 1000 and that should be total including food and exercise, so if you drop 1000 cals do no exercise, if you drop 500 cals do 500 cals worth of cardio etc, etc. His recomendation is to reduce cals by 20-30% and do resistance training. For me the best cardio is boxing, TRX hiit and rowing machine hiit (thats a total killer) All three are power based and work the muscle groups as well as a good aerobic workout.
I normally agree with Lyle McDonald, but to me even 20-30% sounds like a lot - the body is quite adept at adapting to whatever stresses we put on it and I'd expect it only take a smaller deficit to keep the maintenance rate the same while making small, gradual changes which in the long term appear to be far more sustainable than BL style massive drops in weight that lead to yoyo dieting (and massive folds of skin - yes they use gaffa tape for the finale shows).

Perhaps he refers to 20-30% for people already eating far too much which would bring them down to not too much below maintenance? The psychological aspect of weight loss needs to be taken into account - the best healthy diet someone can have is something they will stick to long term (and yes, I still think the satiety issue with eating a higher-fat diet is part of the reason it is successful).

I do agree with the second para thought - anything with repeat max efforts that works major muscle groups is a winner.

yeh 1000 deficit equates to 2 lbs per week. thats a sensible and sustainable weightloss regime whatever method u use. probably on the high end if anything, as Mofra alludes.

I normally agree with Lyle McDonald, but to me even 20-30% sounds like a lot - the body is quite adept at adapting to whatever stresses we put on it and I'd expect it only take a smaller deficit to keep the maintenance rate the same while making small, gradual changes which in the long term appear to be far more sustainable than BL style massive drops in weight that lead to yoyo dieting (and massive folds of skin - yes they use gaffa tape for the finale shows).

Perhaps he refers to 20-30% for people already eating far too much which would bring them down to not too much below maintenance? The psychological aspect of weight loss needs to be taken into account - the best healthy diet someone can have is something they will stick to long term (and yes, I still think the satiety issue with eating a higher-fat diet is part of the reason it is successful).

I do agree with the second para thought - anything with repeat max efforts that works major muscle groups is a winner.
The 20-30% is for fatties trying to lose weight. I didnt think it was to bad, say if you are 2300 cals thats only a drop down to 1840-1610 cals, heaps better than going down to 1300.

The 20-30% is for fatties trying to lose weight. I didnt think it was to bad, say if you are 2300 cals thats only a drop down to 1840-1610 cals, heaps better than going down to 1300.
I guess it's not too bad, I guess we all have bias' depending on our own situation - my calorific maintenance level is ~3,100 so I'd find a 30% drop quite substantial and I doubt I could sustain it (although I struggle to gain weight as it is).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back