GRAND FINAL
TREVOR BARKER OVAL 11:45am SAT 10/9
Kew
Old CamberwellOld CamberwellKew
1st SEMIFINALvsvs
PEGSPEGSPEGS
Glen Eira

Last edited:

Sorry I'm confused. I refer to the exodus at St. Marys and in particular big shorts.
Yeah, we have lost a few players, but the club is generally excited about the return of Erwin Leyden.

Yeah, we have lost a few players, but the club is generally excited about the return of Erwin Leyden.

What has caused the exodus of players specifically? Is it that the coach has left for Glen Waverley and taken the best players with him or are there other underlying issues within the club?

I have always had a tremendous respect for St Marys, growing up nearby and having known some people who played there in the past, I know that club has a terrific reputation and a seriously close playing group and culture, so I am a bit surprised to see the majority of their best 10 players, most of whom have been there for quite a while, just up and leave.

Whatever has happened, it would be terrific to see St Marys remain a terrific club going forward and I have no doubt it will be. Their female program is sensational and the club has plenty of great people helping behind the scenes too.

Old Camberwell concede the least amount of points in the competition, yet no one in their backline makes the Div 1 TOTY, not a very good voting panel if you ask me!

Old Camberwell concede the least amount of points in the competition, yet no one in their backline makes the Div 1 TOTY, not a very good voting panel if you ask me!
Most of it was done by the coaches.

I hear St Marys is looking to be a strong side again despite them losing a lot of players at the end of last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disagree . Ash won't lower himself though .
Agree Ash is great bloke and unlikely to deliver a spray on the way out the door. But Barry Alexander is very well respected in VAFA circles and I’m only going on what the article says. Didn’t he also get the Lemonade n’ Sars at Ormond?

Doesn't surprise, after getting moved on from Ormond and then heavily investing in 2 COVID effected seasons. Understand if he lost the spark

Agree Ash is great bloke and unlikely to deliver a spray on the way out the door. But Barry Alexander is very well respected in VAFA circles and I’m only going on what the article says. Didn’t he also get the Lemonade n’ Sars at Ormond?
Res
Doesn't surprise, after getting moved on from Ormond and then heavily investing in 2 COVID effected seasons. Understand if he lost the spark
He didn't get moved on , he left due to internal reasons , as did Matt Robbins. Anyone that thinks otherwise has NFI

FWIW some big names heading towards PEGs, Toy and Fahey for starters. Will be tough to beat.

Michael Tanner (Keilor), Pat McDonough (Doutta Stars), Andrew Horne (Strathmore/SANFL)....and will add more...they will be very strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back