St Francis Xavier
Richmond Centrals
Albert Park
Old Westbourne
Powerhouse
South Mornington
Swinburne Uni

fire away boys

Looking forward to this season at the snakepit! I have joined bigwaz on the committee and with the fielding of the U19's for the first time as well as some good senior recruits this could be a very enjoyable season!

With most clubs back at it in pre season thought why not get big footy started

Starters
La Trobe Uni
UHS-VU
Aquinas
Kew
Elsternwick
St Francis Xavier
Richmond Centrals
Albert Park
Old Westbourne
Powerhouse
South Mornington
Swinburne Uni

fire away boys
Have the VAFA confirmed divisions? I thought there was still a possible agenda to move the 12 team section to d1

I thought St Beds/Mentone was called the snake pit :S.... Son't know alot about the teams here but for conversations sake, my outrageously early call is that the final four will include:

Latrobe (looking to avenge relegation)
UHS-VU
Aquainas
Richmond Central (u19s to give them depth and sompetition)

No idea about the other billion clubs and what they call their ground, too many to learn! But we refer to KB Reserve as the snake pit for obvious reasons.

Kew
UHS-VU
Aquinas
South Mornington
La Trobe Uni
Elsternwick
Swinburne Uni
St Francis Xavier
Albert Park
Old Westbourne
Powerhouse

My first guess at the final ladder. RC will finish somewhere on this list!

No idea about the other billion clubs and what they call their ground, too many to learn! But we refer to KB Reserve as the snake pit for obvious reasons.

It make more sense then why they call St Bernards ground the Snakepit!!
This may be a dumb question, but has Richmond ever been called the Tigers or have they always been the Snakes??

St Bernards is the snake pit because its a pit thats been cut out of the side of a hill, there's snakes in the long grass and it is alleged plenty more on the field and in the clubrooms. Can't say I've run into many though.

St Bedes is the Postage Stamp, because it is one of the smaller grounds (not as small as Elsternwick #2 though).

Kew
UHS-VU
Aquinas
South Mornington
La Trobe Uni
Elsternwick
Swinburne Uni
St Francis Xavier
Albert Park
Old Westbourne
Powerhouse

My first guess at the final ladder. RC will finish somewhere on this list!

Not a bad estimate! Based on some rumours over the post season and some connections in D3 here is my prediction for the end of season ladder:
UHS-VU (will build on last year and could go all the way. Very fit team who have some young guns.)
Kew (consistently improving over the last few years. Have gone from scraping for 2 teams in 2011 to 4 teams in 2013 (Seniors, Reserves, Clubbies, Under 18s. My tip for the flag!)
Aquinas (peaked at the right time last year and if they can hold onto Williams they have a huge shot at it)
South Mornington
Swinburne Uni (young list who will get stronger from last year)
La Trobe Uni
St Francis Xavier (A building club who will cause some upsets out in Beaconsfield)
Albert Park ( A new coach for the falcons could attract some talent. Unfortunately AP rely on there older heads too much and won't be much of a threat)
Old Westbourne (will struggle to win games)
Powerhouse (will struggle to win games)

Not a bad estimate! Based on some rumours over the post season and some connections in D3 here is my prediction for the end of season ladder:
UHS-VU (will build on last year and could go all the way. Very fit team who have some young guns.)
Kew (consistently improving over the last few years. Have gone from scraping for 2 teams in 2011 to 4 teams in 2013 (Seniors, Reserves, Clubbies, Under 18s. My tip for the flag!)
Aquinas (peaked at the right time last year and if they can hold onto Williams they have a huge shot at it)
South Mornington
La Trobe Uni
St Francis Xavier (A building club who will cause some upsets out in Beaconsfield)
Albert Park ( A new coach for the falcons could attract some talent. Unfortunately AP rely on there older heads too much and won't be much of a threat)

not too bad richo you look to be on the money here's my tips

Kew they keep on improving each year
St Francis as they have a good home grown advantage
Latrobe uni depending on the quality they pick up from the uni
UHS-VU a good list if they keep them togther for another shot at the granny
South Mornington long road trip and should win more than they lose at home and get to the finals
Old Westbourne i have heard they have quite a few players returning form other clubs
Swinburne might need another year with the young list
Aquinas hard to get really good playes with some first divi efl clubs close by money talks
Albert Park
Power House
Both AP and PH have too many ammo teams around them fighting for any really talentened players that want to play in the ammos, most of the good players in that area are in the SFL getting payed or look to play with collegians in premier div and not the lower ammo grades

(Log in to remove this ad.)

South Mornington
La Trobe Uni

Don't write off the house just yet. I hear rumors that Burnside will be returning as well as a new coach bringing a few decent players with him.

6 team finals

1st vs 6th
2nd vs 5th
3rd vs 4th

Only the team who finishes on top has a certain double chance...

Thats what I have heard anyway!

6 team finals

1st vs 6th
2nd vs 5th
3rd vs 4th

Only the team who finishes on top has a certain double chance...

Thats what I have heard anyway!

I know there's 12 teams but why wouldn't they go a top 5? Or is that how it was done in the past?

Top team gets the first week off & double chance
2nd vs 3rd (both get double chance)
4th vs 5th (elimination)

Would just make more sense since the competition normally has a top 4 for a 10 team comp

Who be it for me to decide but 6th position making finals would be like lambs to the slaughter coming up against the top team (unless it was a really close comp like we were involved in last year) The team finishing top would be dirty though if they got injuries to key players when in reality they should be getting a week off.

Oh well, each to their own I guess

Top 6 is correct and confirmed by VAFA headquarters in a briefing to all clubs a couple of weeks ago.

They used this top 6 structure in the Clubbies this season with good effect (so they tell us) and VAFA decided it should be brought into the Div 3 system as there are 12 teams.

Haha I very much doubt it Ammo Man :D although we might reconsider if the VAFA restructure the lower divisions to localise them to have a "Southern region" :D

Southern Dragons are finding out just how hard it is to league hop ;)

Haha I very much doubt it Ammo Man :D although we might reconsider if the VAFA restructure the lower divisions to localise them to have a "Southern region" :D

Southern Dragons are finding out just how hard it is to league hop ;)
Saw quite bit of your game against Oakleigh Districts at Oakleigh. Admittedly it was a cold miserable windy day. However, the standard was really, really poor. Think you might have to come back through D4 Fishy.:rolleyes:

Saw quite bit of your game against Oakleigh Districts at Oakleigh. Admittedly it was a cold miserable windy day. However, the standard was really, really poor. Think you might have to come back through D4 Fishy.:rolleyes:

And you'd be correct on all accounts, was a shitty day weather wise & we played quite poorly that day as well. Probably not a good snapshot of our year as a whole though.

Most are under no illusions that SFL Div 2 is probably on a par with VAFA D2, with some teams of that capable playing VAFA D1. *laugh if you will but that's my opinion

All jokes aside if we were to come back to the Ammos (which we aren't....ever) we be put in D4 anyway & have to travel to Point Cook & Mt Lilydale...stuff that!!

And anyways, more importantly what were you doing at Oakleigh? Surely you're too gooda bloke to have mates down there:confused: :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back