D3 Division 3 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

And you'd be correct on all accounts, was a shitty day weather wise & we played quite poorly that day as well. Probably not a good snapshot of our year as a whole though.

Most are under no illusions that SFL Div 2 is probably on a par with VAFA D2, with some teams of that capable playing VAFA D1. *laugh if you will but that's my opinion

All jokes aside if we were to come back to the Ammos (which we aren't....ever) we be put in D4 anyway & have to travel to Point Cook & Mt Lilydale...stuff that!!

And anyways, more importantly what were you doing at Oakleigh? Surely you're too gooda bloke to have mates down there:confused: :D
For my sins I do a bit of 'looking and seeing' which sometimes takes me to the less salubrious competitions. The last few words are for the benefit of 'bedford';)

Haha I very much doubt it Ammo Man :D although we might reconsider if the VAFA restructure the lower divisions to localise them to have a "Southern region" :D

Southern Dragons are finding out just how hard it is to league hop ;)

Actually I welcome Fish on these boards. Generally he is balanced and reasonable. Unlike that other SFL troll who shows up from time to time - (Lack of) Perspective !

If Dragons really want to go to the VAFA they will find a way and I just don’t see why the SFL are so intent on blocking their path. Clearly they have a different set of values and circumstances to other SFL clubs. Hardly a level playing field when they don’t pay players but their opposition do. I understand the argument that the SFL provided some assistance early days and fair enough. But the VAFA did a lot to help Rupertswood get going and was still happy to accept their valid reasoning around geography and allowed them to leave. History shows that if a club wants to go then eventually they will and it can be more trouble then its worth forcing them to stay. Remember they actually started life a VAFA clubbies side.

While AMs comment was a bit cryptic I’ll put it out there – Have also heard the rumours about Bentleigh perhaps floating the idea of a return to the VAFA. Clearly Fish you are at the coalface and would know better than us but it seems some within the Demons camp not entirely enamoured with the SFL.

Yeah take your conversation to a private place and not this thread.

I am presuming all teams have started preseason?

What do you expect someone to do? See something that he wants to respond to but respond on a different thread as it doesn't fit your strict D3 criteria? Doesn't make sense to me.
Would love to hear whats happening at Albert Park - they have picked up a great coach. Any recruits followed? Very welcoming club Albert Park - the good guys of the comp.

What do you expect someone to do? See something that he wants to respond to but respond on a different thread as it doesn't fit your strict D3 criteria? Doesn't make sense to me.
Would love to hear whats happening at Albert Park - they have picked up a great coach. Any recruits followed? Very welcoming club Albert Park - the good guys of the comp.
Pack of arseholes to deal with if your sharing the pavilion

Whilst on the SFL, how farccial was the Stevie Wright Coach of the Year award? He won the statewide coach of the Year award, took his club to a grand final and then got the sack yet again (fourth time) after a player led revolt about his coaching . How bizarre is that?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes i heard he is playing as well as 4 of his mates from Div 1 Efl clubs. All key position players. So if true that would surely put them in a stronger position that 2012 season

Well your club Aquinas is the early season favorite for sure with 4 extra EFL Div 1 players coming over to play for $0000 and leaving bundles behind. Money speaks all languages Kurt - get the Tip?​
The Eye
:rolleyes:

There are some good people at Districts, probably more than Bentleigh

"Some" being the operative word. Their coach is one.

Whilst on the SFL, how farccial was the Stevie Wright Coach of the Year award? He won the statewide coach of the Year award, took his club to a grand final and then got the sack yet again (fourth time) after a player led revolt about his coaching . How bizarre is that?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/loc...526396162?sv=66504fa725892760a3575944596493d2
Well isn't this ironic??

More a poor reflection on the SFL culture (or lack thereof) as whole if you ask me.

Wasn’t he named SFL coach of the year ? Gets his club to a GF and goes within an inch of winning a flag. As Wright said it is embarrassing for the club. Is that 10 GF losses in row for OD since they won a flag? Might be while before they get the chance to lose one if that’s the way they do businesses. And this is a club that wanted to get juniors up and running!

Could not see this happening in the ammos. If you pay suburban hacks to play football at this very modest standard you can hardly be surprised if they get a bit ahead of themselves.

And he's not only a former Sydney Swan but a Hall of Fame member there too. Those bloody Swans. Who'd have anything to do with them?:rolleyes:

BTW. He did coach in the Ammos before moving the the SFL. Just sayin.........

I realise that AM so not sure what your point is. The difference being he was not umercifully sacked after one season on the back of taking his club to the GF and nearly winning the thing on the back of a player led revolt. Additionally he is a legend of that club with involvement going back 40 years, not to mention is outstanding achievements at the highest level. A good bloke who deserved better.

If you pay over the odds to suburban hack footballers and make them feel like rock stars then there is always the risk of this happening.

N & C – take your point but not much else happening here so at least we are talking football. If we just wait for D3 news we could be waiting a while.

I realise that AM so not sure what your point is. The difference being he was not umercifully sacked after one season on the back of taking his club to the GF and nearly winning the thing on the back of a player led revolt. Additionally he is a legend of that club with involvement going back 40 years, not to mention is outstanding achievements at the highest level. A good bloke who deserved better.

If you pay over the odds to suburban hack footballers and make them feel like rock stars then there is always the risk of this happening.

A great post!! Hit the nail on the head

Well your club Aquinas is the early season favorite for sure with 4 extra EFL Div 1 players coming over to play for $0000 and leaving bundles behind. Money speaks all languages Kurt - get the Tip?​
The Eye
:rolleyes:
Super post. Something very fishy going on there. Hope the VAFA looks in to this. They won't though because it only concerns the poorer division of the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back