Do supporters on here genuinely hate their team's rivals?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hate is a strong word and it's a word many of you should embrace.

I would frankly like to see a couple of teams metaphorically burn to the ground and not even be in the competition. And once I have p*ssed on their ashes, there's a few more I'd like to see burn down as well.

Now it's possible this is less reflective of AFL football and instead my own deep-seated pyschological problems...nah, they deserve to burn.

I actually quite like the Eagles from a football perspective, they're run well, have good players etc.

But when you come across some BigFooty Eagles supporters who come across as genuinely thinking they are better, superior, smarter people purely because they support the Eagles? It's absolutely bizarre. I basically strongly dislike people who attach themselves to success where they personally clearly have none, then attack Freo when we've been down.

The amount of times I've come across Eagles supporters who outright disrespect Fremantle posters. You think we don't know that Fremantle could improve? Banter I get and I'm all for, but attacks on character because we haven't picked West Coast is crazy.

Plus that Gaff/Brayshaw incident - their fans painted Gaff as the victim? I mean what on earth.

So all in all, like the club but a minority of their fans can be dead set be an example of toxic support.

I hate Essendon, North and Carlton as much as I hate anything I guess. I mean I'm not dedicated to bringing about their demise but I'll happily enjoy them being shit forevermore.

I do feel sorry for Freo fans. They virtually have no meaningful comeback to West Coast. I get why they would absolutely despise them, probably not so much going the other way though.

Very perceptive Papa, but a rump of WCE fans on bigfooty hating on Freo do their best to stir the pot.

As for WCE, well they're truly worthy of derision from their Mafia like management style to the ducking, diving and whinging players.

Last edited:
I actually quite like the Eagles from a football perspective, they're run well, have good players etc.

But when you come across some BigFooty Eagles supporters who come across as genuinely thinking they are better, superior, smarter people purely because they support the Eagles? It's absolutely bizarre. I basically strongly dislike people who attach themselves to success where they personally clearly have none, then attack Freo when we've been down.

The amount of times I've come across Eagles supporters who outright disrespect Fremantle posters. You think we don't know that Fremantle could improve? Banter I get and I'm all for, but attacks on character because we haven't picked West Coast is crazy.

Plus that Gaff/Brayshaw incident - their fans painted Gaff as the victim? I mean what on earth.

So all in all, like the club but a minority of their fans can be dead set be an example of toxic support.
This is one of the weird things about footy on social media in general that I fail to understand. I've never really seen this behaviour at the footy or in person, just ****ing weirdos on the internet that think their life is complete because their team won on the weekend.

Last edited:
No, but I take pleasure in their misery (as they would in mine)

I do feel sorry for Freo fans. They virtually have no meaningful comeback to West Coast. I get why they would absolutely despise them, probably not so much going the other way though.
I’m looking forward to the monumental cliff they’re about to fall off and Gaff never winning a flag. campaigners.

only really carlton.

i have too many collingwood/essendon friends to truly hate the teams (i can separate the team from the way the club is run), and i have nothing against the WC club even though their supporters have become the whiny troll kings of bigfooty. The only other teams i have a slight distaste for are geelong/hawks/sydney (sick of them being the best 3 for so long its just boring im glad its turned, scott/clarkson are dickheads), and port (nothing against the club, but kochie is a bigoted loudmouth and i would be very happy to see him sad at the club being unsuccessful).

Nope only like to smash the opposition on game day. My best man is a lifelong friend and a Bomber fan and we have never been to a Bombers v Blues game in 41 years because we are both nuts. But we have gone to heaps of neutral games.

I really hated Carlton in those early Hardwick years - they either smashed us, or we would get out in front by 7 goals & lose it at the death

Ratten really has the wood on Dimma which is a source of anxiety tonight :huh:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood and Carlton in that order although mainly because Carlton have been shit for so long. I can’t find myself supporting either of these teams against anyone else. Carlton fans have a sense of arrogance still which I find bemusing after they have been down so long while Collingwood fans are just bottom of the barrel ferals.
I also dislike a number of Collingwood players, Maynard, degooey, Cox, treloar, even Pendlebury. There is just something very unlikeable about them.
Saying that nothing beats a Richmond v Carlton/Collingwood game at the G... oh how I’ve missed that this year.

im not sure with what im more overjoyed with atm :p ...Carlton dishing up millions for over rated outside half bank flank mercenaries whom they think are the answer... or the mass exodus of experience from Essendon sans Richmond post 1982 GF when our captain Cloke,former captain Wood and champion centreman Raines exited...ive thought about it ,Carlton wins

Apparently it's in the DNA to hate the Pies, but I don't. I enjoy when we beat them, but there's no hatred there. Bucks, Pendles, even Eddie. There's a level of respect there.

Essendon on the other hand. Absolute hatred. Arrogant club, players and supporters, all with actually nothing to be arrogant about. Only premiership team to be over the salary cap. Only team to have a team wide doping regime.

This finals drought, which still has at least 5 years shelf life in it, player exodus and poo storm it's going through is incredibly satisfying to watch. Long may it continue.

If Essendon were playing Isis, Al Qaeda or Hitler's Germany, I still would not go for them.

On SM-A530F using BigFooty.com mobile app

To me its mainly the supporters that cause the dislike. If I get pissed off with certain supporters it will then rub off on the team when i watch them and i will then dislike the team. West Coast is a perfect example, probably the most self entitled , arrogant , blowhard supporters on Big Footy. I hate West Coast. Collingwood on the other hand i used to dislike the team ( probably because of Eddy), but since then I have realized in my experience anyway that their supporters are quite humble ( yes the odd dickhead is there, but all teams have them) and I am beginning to like the team.

It's a case of white line fever for me. When the us and the Weagles were up and about in the mid 00's, or us and the Hawks in the mid 10's, I liked nothing better than seeing them get smashed. Nothing to do with injuries, club drama or personal stuff, but on the field, yeah.

Nah, I find it weird. When I was younger I hated the Eagles because I saw Geelong lose two Grand Finals to them and being in w.a I got endless shit for it. But I outgrew that as I got older and now they are almost a second team to me.

there are teams I prefer, but that is usually based on how long it’s been since they won anything and their general playstyle. It’s why if I make a comment in a Hawthorn or Richmond thread and get accused of being salty or whatever I find it so weird, but maybe being in Perth I am shielded from a lot of the supposed rivalry?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back