Review Dogs 133 def Tigers 42

Remove this Banner Ad

I am so glad that through a lengthy career and plenty of injuries and tribulations a veteran Adam Treloar continues to pump out games like that. 41 touches is still 41 touches.

Wow Ed Richards looks fantastic in the middle and is only going to improve with more reps in there.

I still think Sanders is going to be a gun mid too (long way to go of course), but hopefully that is 2 of our long terms mids set for the post Libba / Treloar years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Naughty and Darcy looked absolutely fantastic too, Jamarra is a bit down on form at the moment but that's ok, I have no doubt he will be back playing great footy shortly.

I am so glad that through a lengthy career and plenty of injuries and tribulations a veteran Adam Treloar continues to pump out games like that. 41 touches is still 41 touches.
Quite a lot of work that didn't get on the stats sheet too.

The quick hands were most impressive tonight. Is the handball club back?
I thought the ball was constantly in motion when we had possession—there was no momentum-killing stop and prop or slow kicks backward. The quick hands contributed to the momentum, but the willingness to play on from free kicks and marks was fantastic.

I’m normally a negative Nelly but you can’t be critical of that - excellent performance. Richmond are poor, probably the worst team after North, but you still need to put them away.

I wasn’t wild about JUH, Bramble, forward congestion (seriously, sort it out ffs) and some poor decisions going inside 50 early. But big positives for those of us who thought Richards midfield would be a thing (although needs to be proven against better teams), I thought Garcia was very good, and Macrae showed why he’s a no brainer best 22.

Biggest positive of the night was Darcy, he’s so great to watch and has so much scope. Praying for an injury free run for a couple of years so he can start dominating the comp.

Naughton’s goalkicking much better, balanced out by JUH’s continuing to be horrendous. The forward line is a work in progress, but it needs way way better coaching.

We all know it's been an an average start to the year, but no nitpicking this week, time for a break on that. Enjoy the win for what it is.

Great to put together a win like that, but difficult to read to much into team performance given the opposition effectively didn't put up a fight. Some solid individual performances though, really hope Clearly gets a good run at it, and keen to keep Freijah and Garcia in for a while too. Shame also for Clarke to not get this game for a debut rather than last week.

Forget Ninthmond. Looks like when Tassie enter the competition, Richmond are tracking to become Nineteenthmond. That was as dispirited a performance against us as I've seen for a long time.

Anyway, you can only beat what is put in front of you, so well done. Now let's bring that hard runnng, tenacious effort next week against a far superior team. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Very solid game, going to focus on the fringe/younger guys.

Freijah looked comfortable at the level and a very solid debut.

Cleary is a good defender, defends first and his positioning was great.

Garcia probably his best game for the club at AFL level, great pressure and found more of the ball.

Harmes a very very good game for us, got on the end of a lot of the good work but also his pressure work was very good.

Richards best game in the middle really used his pace tonight and his defensive would was also very good

Remove this Banner Ad

Back