Autopsy Dogs beat Power 100 to 97. A win for the ages

Remove this Banner Ad

Williams' composure and skill is Caleb-esque. Massive fan of this kids work. Hope he gets a run at it

I'll go with a young Bob Murphy. Maybe not as quick. But more composure at a similar age.

Looks to be very good.

Best young gun behind Daniel IMO.

What amazes me about Williams is his composure after only 4 aft games. He was picked at around the mid to late 40s and the guy is playing as if he were a top 5 pick. This says a lot about our recruiters. We must have some amazing scouts and a great system to pick these high quality talented players that go unnoticed by the rest. Also, very impressed with Honey. The coaching staff made him wait his turn and when he came on he delivered like a real pro. Both had a great game. Keep it up.

The **** does Maclure get his info from? Did he just guess?
AYGRmBt.png

Then added 2 weeks for fear mongering.

And what about Caleb's kick to Red from the centre bounce - pinpoint! The boys got around him :clapping:
I think little Diego (Caleb) was instrumental in the last quarter. I think he had the ball on 4 occasions and in each a goal situation occurred. The guy makes time slow down considerably when he has the ball. He has brilliant composure and has exquisite skill. When he develops more strength this guy will win us games off the boot by just pinpointing the ball to the player that executes the goals. I love little Diego. Other than Bont and Stringer he is the real goods for mine of this talent crop. Hope I don't sound over the top.

AYGRmBt.png

Then added 2 weeks for fear mongering.
Steph Curry took 15 days. Not to mention Dahlhaus is the most durable player going round. i'll go with the club's estimates. Especially seeing as Dahl's said he'll "treat it as rest". That suggests its good enough that he'll be back without losing much condition

What was impressive about that second quarter wasn't so much that we came back into the quarter in that last 10 minutes (did we only have something like 1 inside 50 in the first 20 minutes) because Port just lowered their intensity after 20 minutes, it was that they kept their level of intensity but we just increased our own and matched it. Without being able to put the finger on any one period of time with about 5-8 minutes to go we raised our defensive tackling, and ball-hunting to another level once we lost our first hands on the ball there.

In that first 20 minutes of that 2nd quarter we got smashed in contested ball like we haven't been all season, it was unusual. Full credit to the our boys for fighting hard without the ball once they couldn't match Port's intensity to get first hands on it, then to raise it to another level to turn around the game.
Great description and sorry to rant. But I loved the way Little Diego created the goal for Dicko. Also, the kick by Red to space was perfect. All that hard work and we maintained the lead by half time. They threw everything at us in that second quarter, including the Barossa Valley, Kangaroo Island and even Snowtown :)

Did anyone ele notice the massive change in our fwd entries??

Hit up after hit up. No coincidence our efficiency was off the charts compared to the rest of the yr.

Long may it continue.
Easily the biggest take away from the weekend for me. Redpath and Dickson starting to have their leads honoured. Look out if stringer works out that's how to get an extra 3 or 4 shots at goal a game.

Sorry if anyone else raised this earlier but did Aaron Young's last goal remind you of anything? Think 1997 and Libba Senior. Then again, perhaps I shouldn't have even gone there, I've already suffered enough from that day.
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What amazes me about Williams is his composure after only 4 aft games. He was picked at around the mid to late 40s and the guy is playing as if he were a top 5 pick. This says a lot about our recruiters. We must have some amazing scouts and a great system to pick these high quality talented players that go unnoticed by the rest. Also, very impressed with Honey. The coaching staff made him wait his turn and when he came on he delivered like a real pro. Both had a great game. Keep it up.
He played 19 games last year in the SANFL. 5 of those were SANFL reserves, and 14 of them were SANFL U/18's (so basically the 3's of the SANFL).

Twelve months ago this kid wasn't even good enough to play SANFL Reserves and was on the fringes of that league, let alone SANFL seniors. In one pre-season he's become an AFL contributor. Keep in mind blokes like James Aish were dominating senior SANFL.

Firstly, full credit to the recruiting team for recognising him at that level, and having the scouts there to watch him. Secondly, full credit to having the guts to draft him, and realising that sometimes to assess a player 10 years from now how much they dominate when they're 17 years old isn't actually as much as a predictor of future success rather than their rate of improvement across that final U/18 year (see: Bontempelli, Macrae, McLean as examples of this). And thirdly, full credit to the development team in making him an AFL player in just one-preseason.

It boggles the mind, really, eh?

4 weeks is 3 games, we can handle that with some guns coming back (Koby, Wood, JJ)
Even three games will really hurt. Dahl is a key part of our midfield dominance. As close as we get to having an indispensable player.

been very impressed with some of Red's kicking inside 50 in the last couple weeks. Spotting up at CHF and spearing beauties inside 50!
Loving the way hes playing at the moment, hes not far off absolutely tearing a game to shreds if he puts together 4 quarters.

How do you feel about playing Boyd alongside him? I reckon they could really work well together. Would probably want Boyd to hit some form in the VFl first though.

Loving the way hes playing at the moment, hes not far off absolutely tearing a game to shreds if he puts together 4 quarters.

How do you feel about playing Boyd alongside him? I reckon they could really work well together. Would probably want Boyd to hit some form in the VFl first though.
Why wait? From reports Redpaths form was mediocre in the twos yet he has played better in the ones. The games we have lost this year we didn't have a key forward in. Two big units could actually make us more dangerous. Won't know til it's been tested.

Red has straightened the forward line and allows both Jake and Dicko much more presence and maybe space. It makes their defence to worry and he is good as a pressure forward too and more will come as the forward line develops. He will kick a bag soon enough. Hope it is this Saturday night. Looking forward to this game. It will be a ripper.

i'm open to it. would be dumb if we didn't try it, that's what the regular season's for. I'm certainly not concerned for Boyd though, get so irritated by people trying to dry up our enjoyment by mentioning he's playing vfl every time our rucks or Red get heralded. It's a great thing in my view, we have a capable tall waiting in the wings for two different positions, great position to be in!

Boyd's not going to set the VFL alight before being selected. Key forwards generally don't.

He's there to find some touch, not develop. He'll be back in right after the bye, I'd think.

Even three games will really hurt. Dahl is a key part of our midfield dominance. As close as we get to having an indispensable player.
oh no doubt, it sucks, he's irreplaceable. but if it means we've got him for the last 6-7 games of the year i'm happy, we're in a good position and we're set to handle it ok. Sydney's just lost their ruck, Geelong are a two man band without a single player who can make the decisions of Caleb Daniel and we've got momentum. Steal one of the next two games and we should be able to ride through the injuries

Boyd's not going to set the VFL alight before being selected. Key forwards generally don't.

He's there to find some touch, not develop. He'll be back in right after the bye, I'd think.
his first three games suggested he's a weapon and definitely best 22, too much attention given to his bad round 4 and some weird repetition of this fallacy that he's a vfl player. infuriating! so the bloke hasn't jumped Redpath who's playing better than most key forwards in the game right now and our rucks kill all and sundry? far out people are slow

Remove this Banner Ad

Back