Autopsy Dogs def Tigers 85 > 75

Remove this Banner Ad

I loved the Biggs kick to Stringer in the last quarter. i was right behind Biggs and i must say, we really under appreciate how good these guys are. Stringer was behind his man when Biggs committed to the kick.
Was probably the only good kick Biggsy did all night, he missed so many targets by hand and foot.

Matty Boyd was his excellent usual self at cutting off the ball last night, but I don't understand why he was kicking it in from fullback so often. He's so slow and unpenetrating by foot. When we have Suckling and Roberts available it doesn't make sense. Even try JJ running it out.

Nah but you were judging him fairly in person, you're supposed to do it based on a low res photo in a club taken from the most unflattering angle possible.
I heard Stew was taking it easy this year but god damn!

enhanced-18645-1411158039-1.png

He was very poor. Desperately needs to find touch.
Yeah a few here said he played well. Must have been watching a different game to me because I thought he was awful and if we had defensive depth he would be dropped. His decision making with ball in hand is on a par with Lin. It's weird because he isn't a bad kick. It's almost as if he decides to bite off more than he can chew. I hate players getting too cute with kicks or handballs and he is a special at it. This brings me onto Suckers.....why he persists in trying to kick the ball every single time chest high is beyond me. If you have the cannon use it, depth kicking sometimes is as important as low bullet kicks. He tries to make every kick a thing of beauty rather than just hitting up the best target.
However the 30 metre handball in the last was superb.

stringer was being watched loosely on the forward arc on a few occasions and no-one with a decent kick on them had the nerve to go over the top to him. I don't know why we don't kick the ball into the vacant 50 and encourage Stringer to chase it. He loves that shit.

We play so high up the ground and don't utilise the empty space that creates. Instead we knock it left and right, go down a blind alley, allow their defence to set up and kick to a contest - which we lose. Did McCartney ghost back into the coaches' box?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was evident early on that the players were not switched on. There seemed to be a lack of intensity and urgency about our play. Players were not running from behind in numbers and not running to provide multiple options. In this regard we are very much missing Dahl and Murph. Kick outs were stilted as we sometimes were slow to provide options for the kicker to go to.

Can only assume we were struggling a bit after the tough game against the Swans or that we loaded up on training during the week.

Top teams do not have the number of disposal errors we seem to dish up so often.

Not sure why we are playing Webb, Jong or Smith in the forward line if they are expected to be key marking targets. Even Boyd would struggle with the high ball if double teamed. We certainly need to teach them how to be lead up forwards and play to a plan if that is the way Bevo wants to approach it. At present they don't look like it, so structure the forward line so they can be effective crumbers as well as lead up marking targets, and not have them battle in the air against 2 or 3 opponents (where they were constantly out positioned and out marked).

We just seem to get it wrong with the way we bring the ball in, and part of that has to do with terrible disposal and a lack of effective run from behind and in front of the ball carrier.

I feel that the team has no great cohesion going yet due to constant changes from injury etc. The back six is OK due to Moz and Moyd holding up but we don't have that flow yet. Once The back six can settle and hopefully Adams gets back we will look better and get more run from JJ and Biggs. That's where all of our attack starts.

The centre square is the same issue with no Dal and whilst our huge flow of changing mids has its strengths it is also an issue at times when our best mids aren't there that players like Dusty chop us up.

Lastly the forward line feels the trickle down effect of no overlap run and no isolation or depth kicking. We refuse to take chances when going forward and still have two guys flying for the same ball all the time. No blocking, no feel for each other.

Having said all that if we can get some continuity into the team we might be ok. I can't wait for the day it all clicks.

It will be interesting to see how the Tigers go the rest of the year.

Was probably the only good kick Biggsy did all night, he missed so many targets by hand and foot.
Missing targets all night. 2 kicks got absolutely plucked out of the air. Otherwise was pretty good. Running at 75% DE and 400 metres gained must have only had one good kick!! Wasn't best but definitely wasn't the worst did his job well.

Missing targets all night. 2 kicks got absolutely plucked out of the air. Otherwise was pretty good. Running at 75% DE and 400 metres gained must have only had one good kick!! Wasn't best but definitely wasn't the worst did his job well.
He was pathetic last night.
Don't defend a mediocre performance because it just doesn't wash. It's the first time I've had a go at his place in the team. Realistically he can't get dropped but I think part of his issue is that he feels safe. He needs heat underneath him to play at his best.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back