Review DOGS INTO THE GRAND FINAL FEEEEKYEAAAAH!

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolute masterstroke by beveridge,

Play schache behind allir, Instruct our mids to not pinpoint it in for leads but rather kick it directly on allirs head so he can't run and jump or kick it over his head to Schache.

Schache did enough to keep the ball on the ground and then take some marks out the back.

Mad scientist bevo was genius last night.

I can relate to your grandfathers comments Bulldogsjake. I woke up thinking exactly that ….. have been barracking for the Doggies for 52 years and waited so so long to see them gain that dream appearance in GF in 2016. And now it is happening again just five years later. Wow.
Can relate. There are a few of us old crusties who remember the really dark times.

Cue Monty Python's - "My family lived in a shoebox in the middle of the road". ;-)

Schache was sensational with his blocking of Aliir to assist Naughton in taking a mark early in the first QTR.
Schache was immense. His ability to halve or even win 50/50s was outstanding all night. The "physicality" problems have always been overplayed; the biggest issue holding him back has always been what happens when the ball isn't delivered lace-out and he ends up in unfavourable positions, but ever since he had that brief time spent down back he's looked hungry and done an outstanding job in those contests. I'm so stoked for him, and stoked for us as well.

Well done Doggies, I have been on your wagon for the past few months and i'm really stoked that you are in the GF.

Most people have already got the Demons name engraved on the cup, I don't.

Out of all the prelim contenders, I genuinely believe the Dogs have the Demons measure and are more than capable than toppling them.

This two week break will mean that some of the players with injury niggles will be fully fit to go which is also a blessing.

There is a huge expectation on he Demons shoulders and I reckon they will not handle that additional pressure well either.

Nothing would please me more than to see the Dees fall at the last hurdle ...... bring it on !!

What a night! 14 days ago we were staring down an elimination final defeat against Essendon and now we are a serious chance of taking the lot.

Garnder and Schache standing up when it matters most while B. Smith has surely silenced any critics (including myself) from the middle of the year.

6 contested marks from a 21-year-old in a prelim is just nuts and Treloar was just about back to his best and Jacko is having one of the best finals series on record. A serious chance for the Gary Ayres Medal and even the Norm Smith.

Now as always…

Expected Score / Actual Score
WB: 101 / 116 (+15)
PA: 61 / 45 (+16)

Expected Margin / Actual Margin: +40 / +71

Centre Bounce Attendance
23 - Bontempelli
22 - Macrae
20 - Liberatore
19 - Martin
14 - Dunkley
8 - English
2 - Treloar

Ruck Contests (Hitouts / To Advantage)
53 - Martin (13 / 6)
38 - English (11 / 1)

Hitouts To Advantage
WB: 7
PA: 12

First Possessions
WB: 39

PA: 41

Clearances / Effective Clearances
WB: 41 / 30
PA: 35 / 23

Tackle Efficiency
WB: 54%
PA: 65%

Spoil Efficiency
WB: 79%
PA: 62%

Smothers
WB: 10

PA: 11

Forward Half Kicking Efficiency
WB: 62%
PA: 53%

Defensive Half Kicking Efficiency
WB: 69%
PA: 73%

Forward Half Contested Marks
WB: 8
PA: 5

Defensive Half Contested Marks
PA: 6

Score Launches
3 - Daniel, Dunkley, Duryea, Liberatore, Treloar,
2 - Bontempelli, Hunter, Macrae, Martin, B. Smith, R. Smith
1 - Dale, English, Johannisen, Wood

Shots At Goal
WB: 31 (55% - Expected Accuracy: 41%)
PA: 21 (29% - Expected Accuracy: 47%)

Scoring Profile (Western Bulldogs / Port Adelaide)
Set Shot: 6.7 / 4.5
Snap: 6.2 / 1.1
On Run: 3.3 / 0.2
Mark Play On: 1.0 / 1.0
Ground Kick: 1.0 / 0.0

0M-15M: 6.0 / 0.0
15M-30M: 5.2 / 1.1
31M-40M: 3.2 / 3.2
41M-50M: 2.4 / 1.4
51M+: 1.4 / 1.1

Targets Inside 50
15 - Bombed/Rushed
13 - Schache
6 - Naughton
5 - Hannan
4 - Johannisen
3 - Vandermeer
2 - Martin, R. Smith
1 - English, B. Smith

Kick In / Kick In Play On
6 / 6 - Dale
2 / 2 - Daniel

Defensive 50 Marks
WB: 14
PA: 29

Defensive 50 Intercept Marks
WB: 5

PA: 8

Defensive Half Turnovers
WB: 29
PA: 29

Forward Half Turnovers
WB: 46

PA: 60

Unforced Turnovers

PA: 23

Unforced Turnovers By Player
2 - Gardner
1 - Dale, Daniel, Dunkley, Hannan, Johannisen, Macrae, Treloar, Williams

Dropped Marks (Uncontested Only)
WB: 2
PA: 5

No Pressure Errors
WB: 4

PA: 10

Turnovers/Frees/50M Penalties Punished By Goals
1 - Dunkley, Johannisen, Scott, B. Smith, Wood

Pressure Gauge
Q1

WB: 174 (Below Average)
PA: 197 (Above Average)

Q2
WB: 192 (Above Average)
PA: 190 (Above Average)

Q3
WB: 168 (Poor)
PA: 202 (Elite)

Q4
WB: 185 (Average)
PA: 177 (Below Average)

Match
WB: 180 (Average)
PA: 192 (Above Average)

Free Kick Summary
View attachment 1233591

Score Sources
View attachment 1233592
For sale: WA car number plates. Take on the eyre highway with impunity!

I need to watch the last quarter again because by then I was too busy drinking, celebrating and carrying on texting all and sundry I barely watched the game. Will watch it all again I guess….

Somehow, to add to the joy of the weekend, despite being bladdered last night, having bugger all sleep, I’m not hungover. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brereton gave Schache a huge wrap last night, saying he played "the game of his life." Written off countless times, continually described as soft and now gets the chance to have a premiership medallion hanging around his neck. Obviously much more resilient than people give him credit for. His dad will be looking down at him from the big sky and Josh is doing him proud. Great story.

I agreed with most of what he said about treloar.

Effort and body language were way off.

I didn’t agree that he was sooking about not getting midfield minutes tho.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
He clearly was off but I think to say he was sooking about midfield minutes is what Bevo was talking about. Something was wrong mentally but Treloar is a high character guy so the crap about sooking was utter bullshit. Glad he hit back Adz

Huge Congratulations to all the team and the club. Injury riddled year, Covid travel and accommodation travails and still they overcome. I am so very proud of this group. Must especially mention JJ, Hannan R Smith and Schache as guys I have questioned on ability or application but they delivered in spades. Well done and you have my sincere apologies.

Well done Doggies, I have been on your wagon for the past few months and i'm really stoked that you are in the GF.

Most people have already got the Demons name engraved on the cup, I don't.

Out of all the prelim contenders, I genuinely believe the Dogs have the Demons measure and are more than capable than toppling them.

This two week break will mean that some of the players with injury niggles will be fully fit to go which is also a blessing.

There is a huge expectation on he Demons shoulders and I reckon they will not handle that additional pressure well either.

Nothing would please me more than to see the Dees fall at the last hurdle ...... bring it on !!

Good man

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Hi All!
congrats on the win! You guys smashed em! Sorry for intrusion. My bro is a die hard bullies supporter (WA based) and am trying to get him tickets for the big dance! Me and other Bro keen to go along with him if possible. I know it’s random but is anyone able to provide us with their membership details so we can get priority tickets? Please PM me if so….would be so grateful….cheers

Mods, are we all clear about the legality of this? Get the feeling we'll be inundated with these 'fans'.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back