Media DRAFT CLOCK REDUCING

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 4, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Newcastle Jets
I've spoken about this for a while and im now giving notice to the clock reducing as of tomorrow to 6 hours.

There are still loads of picksome with some of the slower drafters having a good 15 picks to make. I can imagine this draft is irritating as he'll for the quicker blokes.

This draft will be finished by next weekend one way or another giving everyone some time to analyse their squads and prepare for round 1 games.

If the coaches feel that it should be less then speak here.

Set pre ranking lists because at some point it will also drop to an hour and next Friday evening it will drop to one minute.

Again if those still involved want that done earlier let me know.

I think it should be less purely on the basis that I would like to delist a couple of players in order to sign a few free agents. Waiting until next weekend will be frustrating!! Please can we get 2-4 hours? These are later picks too, su surely we can't be happy with there being an average of 4 picks per 24 hours - that's just crazy!

If anything the later picks require a longer period of time to research, as these players are more of an unknown.

I'm all for reducing it though... I think there are only 6 coaches involved now, I picked a couple hours ago and it's already my pick in a few so I'm thinking we'll be done by end of long weekend.

Happy for anything.

My drafting is done so it doesn't really bother me but you shouldn't need longer to research these later picks.. just research 3/4 players that might be available at your pick and set them at the top of your draft list.

Really the slow draft is due to people not checking if it's their pick or not.

I think I've only got 1 or 2 more picks after the one I just made, 6 hours I'd be good with but I'd rather not go to 4 as there is a decent chance I might be busy for the entirety of a 4 hour period, and I imagine others are similar.

We can keep it at 12 for now but I think we need to nominate an evening next week where it changes to 5 minutes to ensure its done giving time for ppl to analyse and trade prior to round 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back