Dragons Best & Fairest - Friday 31st August 7:30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 26, 2001
Austria
The Dragons Best and Fairest night will be held on this date at this time. Joshem and I gave 3 2 1 votes to those who we think deserved them for the 14 rounds of the season. There is a total of 12 votes given each round with a person gathering a maximum amount of 6 votes a round.
The awards that will be given out are:

- Dragons Medal (B & F)
- Runner up (B & F)
- Most Consistent player
- Best finals player
- Leading Goalkicker
- Most Possessions
- Most Marks

The Most Marks and Most possessions award will be given out first. Then some of the voting for the best and fairest. Leading goalkicker award will be given out with the most consistent player then some more voting will be done. The best finals player will then be announced 3 rounds before the winner of the best and fairest is revealed and the runner up.

Joshem - Could you please give me your 3 2 1 votes for round 14. Also, can you please in that E-Mail let me know who you think the most consistent award should go to. Joshem, do you want me to do the voting for the best finals player or do you want both of us to do it? If you do want to do it, it will be the same 3 2 1 voting system. If that is also in that E-Mail it would be good.

It should be a good evening.

Up the Dragons.

Good Evening everyone. Sorry about the late start, my Limo got caught in traffic. It was a good year by this club. We had trouble against the Titans early on, then beat them half way through the season. Inaccurate kicking was a factor this year and unfortunately we didnt' make it through to the big one after coming runner up in the Pre Season. But that's history, lets forget about it and concentrate on the future in the next 2 hours.
Lets get things started.

The most consistent award goes to a player in which had a superb year. Looking around at the moment, I can see Jethro biting his fingernails and John Howard having some wine. But this award doesn't go to them. I am pleased to announce the Most Consistent award for the year 2001 goes to Ghost. Ghost, come up here and accept your award.

GHOST "This is great. I thought I had a good year but never knew it was this good. To come home with an award is the best thing that has happened to me in the last 100 years. After my divorce, my life was shattered. I decided to take up footy and this is where it got me. To a sensational team. I would like to thank Arnold on his great effort this year in leading the club. Also, I would like to thank the management for getting this team organised and Mobbers for starting this league. I can see Mobbers on table 32 with his head held high. Ultimately, I couldnt' have done this without you, my teammates. Thankyou everyone for a good year and lets be successful next year. THANKYOU."

We all know who the most marks will go to. But here's the top 5 marks.

5. Go Cats Go - 58
4. Lionsrock - 62
3. Ghost - 63
2. GordonNoel - 68

And the most marks goes to.

SBAGMAN with 73 marks. Come on up Sbag.

SBAG "Thankyou to everyone for playing with me this year. I would like to thank Arnie for having a good year and leading this club. Joshhem, you the assistant did a terrific job aswell in which you should be congratulated. Thankyou"

Well, 2 awards have been given out. Lets get started with the best and fairest voting. We will have a 2 minute break and we will start the voting. Enjoy the drinks and enjoy the food. We are in for a good night.

The maximum amount of votes you can get is 6 per round. The minimum is 1 as Joshhem and I did 3 2 1 voting.

LETS GET STARTED

ROUND 1 - DRAGONS V PUMP

1 Vote - Brissylionsgal
1 Vote - Arnie
5 Votes - Lionsrock
5 Votes - Olmy

ROUND 2 - BYE

ROUND 3 - DRAGONS V KOURNIKOVA

2 Votes - Tom FC
2 Votes - Olmy
3 Votes - BlackysChick
5 votes - Joshhem

ROUND 4 - DRAGONS V PAGAN DUCKS

1 Vote - BlackysChick
1 Vote - Jethro
2 Votes - Swans4eva
2 Votes - HahnPremium
6 Votes - GordonNoel

ROUND 5 - DRAGONS V SEVENTH WONDERS

2 Votes - Joshhem
3 Votes - Olmy
3 Votes - Ghost
4 Votes - KeatingsGal

ROUND 6 - TIMMY V DRAGONS

2 Votes - GordonNoel
3 Votes - BlackysChick
3 Votes - Olmy
4 Votes - Jethro

LEADERBOARD AFTER ROUND 6

1. 13 Votes - Olmy
2. 8 Votes - GordonNoel
3. 7 Votes - BlackysChick and Joshhem
4. 5 Votes - Jethro
5. 4 Votes - KeatingsGal
6. 3 Votes - Ghost
7. 2 Votes - TomFC and Swans4eva
8. 1 Votes - Arnold and Brissylionsgal

AFTER 6 Rounds we find Olmy leading GordonNoel by 5 votes. Can this momentum continue or can someone catch up. We will find out after we announce the Most Goalkicker and Most Possession winners.

*New Darkness Eternal CEO and captain 'The Hitman' watches on and applauds from table 666*

The Hitman

The leading Goalkickers at the Dragons this year were.

6. TomFC - 9
5. Gotheyoungguys and GordonNoel - 12
4. HahnPremium and Homer - 12
3. Wally, SbagMan and Arnold - 14
2. Olmy - 20

AND THE LEADING GOALKICKER IS MY ASSISTANT COACH AND CAPTAIN:

1. Joshhem - 21

Joshhem, please come up, get your award and post your speech.

The Leading Possessions was a tight one near the top. Lets get on with it.

5. GordonNoel - 134
4. Olmy - 138
3. Jethro - 168
2. Ghost - 179

AND THE WINNER OF THE MOST POSSESSIONS AWARD GOES TO:

1. Lionsrock - 185

Come on up Lionsrock.

LIONSROCK "This was a good year by me and my teammates. I would like to thank Joshhem and Olmy for running the club. I hope my contract can be renewed and i'm not delisted. To the players, thankyou for sticking together through the tough start of the year. Lets get on with it season 2002. Thankyou.

There is plenty more to do, so stay tuned and drink some wine.

Lets get back to it.

ROUND 7 - DRAGONS V DINGOES

3 Votes - Arnold
4 Votes - SbagMan
5 Votes - Jethro

ROUND 8 - DRAGONS V PUMP

2 Votes - Arnold
4 Votes - Ghost
6 Votes - John Howard

ROUND 9 - BYE

ROUND 10 - DRAGONS V KOURNIKOVA

1 Vote - Homer
3 Votes - Jethro
4 Votes - Joshhem
4 Votes - GoCatsGO

ROUND 11 - DRAGONS V PAGAN

2 Votes - GordonNoel
5 Votes - Ghost
5 Votes - Jethro

LEADERBOARD AFTER ROUND 11

1. 18 Votes - Jethro
2. 13 Votes - Olmy
3. 12 Votes - Ghost
4. 11 Votes - Joshhem
5. 10 Votes - GordonNoel
6. 7 Votes - BlackysChick
7. 6 Votes - John Howard and Arnold
8. 5 Votes - Lionsrock
9. 4 Votes - KeatingsGal, GoCatsGo and SbagMan
10. 2 Votes - TomFC, HahnPremium and Swans4eva
11. 1 Votes - BrissylionsGal and Homer

In 4 voting rounds, the leader Olmy polled no votes. Jethro polled 13 Votes. Ghost and Joshhem are starting to make the mark. Jethro leads Olmy by 5 votes.
The final 3 rounds will be polled after the Best Finals player is announced.

The best finals player was a 5 4 3 2 1 Voting system composed by me in our 2 finals we played. Lets get on with it.

SECOND SEMI FINAL - KOURNIKOVA V DRAGONS

1 Vote - Swans4Eva
2 Votes - Jethro
3 Votes - JohnHoward
4 Votes - Arnold
5 Votes - Ghost

PRELIMINARY FINAL - DRAGONS V SEVENTH WONDERS

1 Vote - Lionsrock
2 Votes - Ghost
3 Votes - Wally
4 Votes - Jethro
5 Votes - Arnold

LEADERBOARD

5. 1 Vote - Swans4Eva and Lionsrock
4. 3 Votes - Wally and JohnHoward
3. 6 Votes - Jethro
2. 7 Votes - Ghost
1. 9 Votes - Arnold

Arnold presents himself with the Best Finals Player award.

ARNOLD "This is unbelievable. I thought I wasn't going to get this. I would like to thank Joshhem, for helping me throughout the year. Without his help, I don't know where we will be. Management for getting the team organised. I would like to thank you Mobbers for running a very good season. My Wife, Daughter and Son, thankyou for sticking by me throughout this tough year. And finally my teammates. Thankyou for playing your best and giving it what you've got. Without you, we wouldnt' have made the Preliminary Final. You all deserve this award for putting up a gutsy effort in the Finals, even though we lost our 2 games. Lets win the flag 2002. Ghost, please stop crying, you got the most consistent award, that's enough."

The last 3 rounds are about to be decided. We have a 5 minute break and then the suspense will get worse. Who is going to win? Will Jethro keep this lead? Will Olmy get votes for his last 3 rounds or will Ghost or Arnold get up and win it. We will know in 15 minutes time. Stay tuned and stay awake.

Lets get back to it. This is the time. The next 30 minutes will find out who takes out the Dragons best and Fairest. I can see Jethro shaking with his wife and GordonNoel beside him is comforting him. Lets get this over and done with.

ROUND 12 - DRAGONS V SEVENTH WONDERS

3 Votes - Olmy
4 Votes - Lionsrock
5 Votes - Keatingsgal

COULD OLMY BE MAKING A COMEBACK. WE WILL FIND OUT SHORTLY.

ROUND 13 - DRAGONS V TIMMY

1 Vote - HahnPremium
2 Votes - Jethro
4 Votes - Wally
5 Votes - John Howard

An important round where Olmy polls nothing and Jethro polls a breather 2 votes. What is going to happen? Olmy needs 4 votes to tie and 5 votes to win in the last game providing Jethro gets nothing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is it. This is the round which decides everything.

FINAL ROUND

ROUND 14 - DRAGONS V DINGOES

1 Vote - GoCatsGo
3 Votes - Ghost
3 Votes - Olmy
5 Votes - Joshhem

I now declare Jethro the Dragons medal and Olmy the runners up. Congratulations to both of you. Can you please come up and deliver your speeches.

LEADERBOARD

1. 20 Votes - Jethro
2. 19 Votes - Olmy
3. 16 Votes - Joshhem
4. 15 Votes - Ghost
5. 11 Votes - John Howard
6. 10 Votes - GordonNoel
7. 9 Votes - Lionsrock and Keatingsgal
8. 7 Votes - BlackysChick
9. 6 Votes - Arnold
10. 5 Votes - GoCatsGo
11. 4 Votes - Wally and SbagMan
12. 3 Votes - HahnPremium
13. 2 Votes - TomFC and Swans4Eva
14. 1 Votes - Homer and BrissyLionsGal

PLAYERS THAT DID NOT POLL VOTES

Pessimistic, Go The Young Guys and In The Back.

CONGRATULATIONS ALL THE WINNERS AND THANKYOU ALL FOR THE YEAR. THANKYOU MOBBERS FOR YOUR TERRIFIC WORK.

ENJOY THE NIGHT EVERYONE. THE PARTY AND THE DRINKING. LETS ROCK ON SEASON 2002.

GO DRAGONS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back