Draft Profile Dyson Heppell

Remove this Banner Ad

its a hard call...I think heppell will turn out to be a star player, but doesn't fit the lions highest needs straight away. I just love his composure in the backlines and reminds me of Goddard. I think he will be tested early in his career playing against bigger bodies

Gaff will have a season like Daniels Richs 1st at the lions...I think he will make a big impact very early.

So basically I am happy with either. I think the lions will finish bottom 2 next season as our team is now focusing on youth, so I expect us to have a good draft pick next season. But, I think we could draft a Gaff next season if we bottom out...but it will be harder to find a heppell/goddard type. So I am JUST leaning towards Heppell
Thanks BP16 for the feedback:thumbsu:

Bombers boost midfield: Heppell taken at pick 8
“He is a bit like Luke Hodge in that he uses the ball really well, is extremely hard at the contest and can play multiple roles – defensive, midfield and forward,” Dodoro said.

“He is a left-footer with terrific leadership attributes and we see him being a 200-game player for the club.
Bombers boost midfield: Heppell taken at pick 8

That explains why Heppell was picked ahead of the next Judd.

All that's needed is to find the next Luke Ball who was drafted inbetween the next Hodge and the next Judd.

Don't know why you've chosen to attack Heppell.

Personally, I think McCarthy and Watson will be great pick-ups and Carlton should be really content with their drafting.

Best player in that draft!

Luke Parker.
Heppell is second best though.
I remember being SO pissed when we picked Steinberg over Parker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think a few clubs would like to their time again, gold coast with 6 top 10 picks and still missed heppell :|
not the eagles tho. Its kinda a blessing in disguise that GC got the first three picks even though we finished last. Gaff, Darling, lycetts and Mcgovern (through the rookie draft) ain't bad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back