Eagles Theme Song - Sing-a-long

Remove this Banner Ad

GoEagles

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 10, 2000
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
Did anyone catch the Eagles theme song played before the start of the game? They have now got a video clip to go with the song. Basically its just an animated cartoon of the new Eagle mascot playing in a rock band, then flying in some jet (looks like its been ripped off from Roger Ramjet).

They have the words at the bottom of the screen with an Airoplane Jelly dot bouncing along in time with the music.

It looks very Americanised, lots of stars and stripes, big explosions and technical effects.

What did everyone else think?

I thought it was average. At one stage the words and music were out of sync!

Oh and I still think we need to have another verse in our song.

i liked it.

while it had a lot of the stars that seemed quite american the animation was quite good. it remindered me of a gorillaz video clip.

does anybody out there know who produced it?

Just for the kids really isn't it ?

I don't mind it really, if the club want to push the profile of this Rick "The Rock" Eagle fellow for marketing purposes, why not.

I seem the remember the club selling a **** load of stuffed "Eddie Eagle" toys back in the day.

Originally posted by Black JuJu

I seem the remember the club selling a **** load of stuffed "Eddie Eagle" toys back in the day.

They were THE football toy of the early 90s. I remember they showed ads for the Eddie Eagle toy, and how you could wobble his beak after a goal had been scored. They could be collectors items one day!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back