Unofficial Preview Early Thoughts - Round 14 vs Port Adelaide - SCG Thurday Night Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha ha. We don't make statements

Said in another post in another thread that this team is not a premiership team because it does not have the depth in ability that the 2012 team did. I wonder if it has the character ? Personally I don't think they do and if they do we will find out on Thursday through a statement made on the ground not the usual talk is cheap s**t they usually dish up with their Unswanslike bullshit. That tripe has past its used by date.

Said in another post in another thread that this team is not a premiership team because it does not have the depth in ability that the 2012 team did. I wonder if it has the character ? Personally I don't think they do and if they do we will find out on Thursday through a statement made on the ground not the usual talk is cheap s**t they usually dish up with their Unswanslike bullshit. That tripe has past its used by date.

Harsh but fair

imo yes , xr wont make it but that's my opinion mate

XR is too small and I agree cant see how he makes it, just because Ted formed a good career doesnt mean his brother does the same.

Both my brothers play guitar, i can play like one cord.

XR is the same size as Aliir, taller than Teddy and was one of the few decent players in our thrashing last weekend. I'm not saying we should bring XR in at all but he's way ahead of AA who still has a long way to go in terms of his contested ball and football smarts.

Anyone with a bottom will normally have a crack. I just hope whoever they select knows how to kick a football and take marks, two things in short supply after Half Time last Friday.

True and that is why I keep saying Hewett should be playing, he is one of the best kicks on our list. Who cares if he is only getting it 15-20 times. He uses it perfectly.

XR is the same size as Aliir, taller than Teddy and was one of the few decent players in our thrashing last weekend. I'm not saying we should bring XR in at all but he's way ahead of AA who still has a long way to go in terms of his contested ball and football smarts.

im surprised they are listed the same height, he looks a bit puny when i see him

I just was not impressed by the skills, i thought Aliir looked more promising

I dont think either were ready, perhaps Sam Reid can actually play on a forward this week

With Ryder coming back ( kills teddy everytime ) we still might have to plat Reid back on westoff like earlier in the year.

Come on down Aliir and leave Reid forward then

I'll throw this out there, play Richards forward. Played forward before he came to Sydney.

True and that is why I keep saying Hewett should be playing, he is one of the best kicks on our list. Who cares if he is only getting it 15-20 times. He uses it perfectly.

be tired after 5 sets though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Throw it back wherever it came from.

Well I'd prefer to leave Sam Reid back, and I'm not sure we lose that much the way Richards has been playing back. Still giving me the you know whats imagining what Port's forwards are going to do to Richards.

Big game for Nick Smith this week.

im surprised they are listed the same height, he looks a bit puny when i see him

I just was not impressed by the skills, i thought Aliir looked more promising

I dont think either were ready, perhaps Sam Reid can actually play on a forward this week

Aliir probably has better physical attributes and athleticism than XR but in my opinion he doesn't make good defensive decisions or get to the right parts of the ground to help out teammates. He's vastly improved but still learning the game.

Aliir probably has better physical attributes and athleticism than XR but in my opinion he doesn't make good defensive decisions or get to the right parts of the ground to help out teammates. He's vastly improved but still learning the game.

Lets hope they both develop that would be fantastic

Well I'd prefer to leave Sam Reid back, and I'm not sure we lose that much the way Richards has been playing back. Still giving me the you know whats imagining what Port's forwards are going to do to Richards.

Big game for Nick Smith this week.
Reid developing nicely down back but I'm not sure I want him fully responsible back there just yet. Could always leave both of them down there and just play Rohan up front - try to clear everyone out of F50 and give him space to burn.

Looking forward to the match committee moves this week. Could be the catalyst we need for a longer list of goal kickers. Prefer to see Reid stay back this week, no point putting him forward just for the one week.

Pyke in for Tip
Towers in for Bud
BJ in for Shaw
Zak full game down back, Rohan sub - can't run out a full game, may as well have him impact in the last 1.5 quarters.

Reid developing nicely down back but I'm not sure I want him fully responsible back there just yet. Could always leave both of them down there and just play Rohan up front - try to clear everyone out of F50 and give him space to burn.

Sooner or later he will have to play down back. There is going to be a year or two where we will wait for Alir, etc to develop after Richards retires. Might as well do it this week.

Sooner or later he will have to play down back. There is going to be a year or two where we will wait for Alir, etc to develop after Richards retires. Might as well do it this week.
That's true, not the best time to be trade-banned! For this game I think the least disruptive method would be to leave Richards down back. If Horse moved him forward, he sucked, and we lost... there'd be a melt down.

The other option could be to play a midfielder forward, maybe a Parker or someone like that.

That's true, not the best time to be trade-banned! For this game I think the least disruptive method would be to leave Richards down back. If Horse moved him forward, he sucked, and we lost... there'd be a melt down.

True but I'd give Horse credit for at least trying something. I have a bad feeling that Reid will go forward, do nothing and get blasted on here. Have said it for a while, he won't be a forward. He isn't a natural forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back