Eddie Betts

What do you think of the AFC recruiting Eddie Betts?

• Yes, $500k is fine

Votes: 205 61.6%
  • Yes, but we're paying too much

Votes: 64 19.2%
  • No, not worth the money

Votes: 45 13.5%
  • No, just do not want at any price.

Votes: 19 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Keep posting the photoshop images!!!
Love seeing Eddie in Blue,Red,Yellow.
Our jersey really suits him. :D

This should shut anyone up who still thinks he is getting overpaid.:thumbsu:

You know he is getting paid for his performances next year - not last year or before that?

If he doesn't perform, the amount of money he is getting paid will be one a major criticism.

However, I think what he is getting us about right but he will still need to perform.

You know he is getting paid for his performances next year - not last year or before that?

If he doesn't perform, the amount of money he is getting paid will be one a major criticism.

However, I think what he is getting us about right but he will still need to perform.

Every trade runs a risk of non performance. Some work some don't. Its a live by the sword die by the sword decision.

The best way to maximise the recruitment of Betts and get him doing what he did for Carlton is to allow him the grace to play his natural small forward game. He has done it for that long its just how he plays.

Every trade runs a risk of non performance. Some work some don't. Its a live by the sword die by the sword decision.

The best way to maximise the recruitment of Betts and get him doing what he did for Carlton is to allow him the grace to play his natural small forward game. He has done it for that long its just how he plays.

I understand that and hope that he has a 50 goal 50 assist season. However, if he doesn't perform - criticism will come about and the amount of money he gets will become a major factor.

I just spent a couple of mins reading the Carlton boards - they genuinely are gutted they've lost him. How can the majority of our so-called supporters sit back and be unhappy with the decision to have him at our club?

Who is unhappy?

I haven't read anyone say they are unhappy?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very good player, will do well at Adelaide. Always felt he was a bit underrated but obviously not at $500k/year.

Understand Carlton's reason for not matching his offer. We have holes to fill elsewhere. Garlett is a a similar player, similar output with a lower price tag. Betts is proven and has been doing it for much longer.

He's probably not worth $500k/year but everyone knows you have to pay overs to secure players in free agency. I assume Carlton and Betts were $100-150k/year apart.

Very good player, will do well at Adelaide. Always felt he was a bit underrated but obviously not at $500k/year.

Understand Carlton's reason for not matching his offer. We have holes to fill elsewhere. Garlett is a a similar player, similar output with a lower price tag. Betts is proven and has been doing it for much longer.

He's probably not worth $500k/year but everyone knows you have to pay overs to secure players in free agency. I assume Carlton and Betts were $100-150k/year apart.

On the money, kind sir.

So, are you saying the club is beyond criticism?

Of course not. Excluding Tippettgate saga, the Adelaide Media is not afraid to rip shreds of either club to be fair at what can only be described as an attempt to sell papers. So it wouldnt surprise me if Eddie has just one or two bad games in a row and the sharks start circling. Its just the nature of the Adelaide Media and its fans.

Very amusing all the port flogs falling over themselves to proclaim him Ronnie Burns the second and massively overpaid. Then in the same conversation laud Kern for paying list clogger Matt White 1 mill over 3 years.

I think id prefer to pay a little extra for proven quality welcome Eddie!

Have they forgotten, Cameron Cloke, Scott Harding, Adam Cockshell, Aaron Shattock - just to name a few.

Of course not. Excluding Tippettgate saga, the Adelaide Media is not afraid to rip shreds of either club to be fair at what can only be described as an attempt to sell papers. So it wouldnt surprise me if Eddie has just one or two bad games in a row and the sharks start circling. Its just the nature of the Adelaide Media and its fans.

Since he gets paid almost 8 times more than the average person, that criticism would or should be warranted.

Saying that, he will be plenty more adulation, praise, and support from the fans, media and club hangers on. That's the nature of the beast these days in Australian sport.

Back