Eddie Betts

What do you think of the AFC recruiting Eddie Betts?

• Yes, $500k is fine

Votes: 205 61.6%
  • Yes, but we're paying too much

Votes: 64 19.2%
  • No, not worth the money

Votes: 45 13.5%
  • No, just do not want at any price.

Votes: 19 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Out of Wright , Petrenko and Porps who do you prefer to partner Betts.

Personally I would say Wright but Porps is a close second
Depends. If any of them replicate last years form I'd say none of the above. I think Wright has the most potential there, but Porps will be named in the 22 if healthy come round 1. Petrenko is a big ? at this stage as you'd think Betts would have taken his spot, but it might be worth running with Betts and Petrenko and seeing if it works.

Just got to say it again...at last a small forward that is fast, can tackle, can kick straight, can take a mark on a lead, can take a specky, can crumb a goal, can make the ridiculous seem easy. Welcome Eddie!
BVt3cZ1CQAIyBf2.jpg

Out of Wright , Petrenko and Porps who do you prefer to partner Betts.

Personally I would say Wright but Porps is a close second

It's a tough one to answer that's for sure.

People on here like to give him stick, but with a full preseason we all know more than well what proplyzia is capable of. Age doesn't bother for porps as he is a smart footballer and relies a lot on his instinct/smarts as well as strong marking ability rather than pace and agility.

Wright has had some good stints up forward but I much prefer him in the midfield. But we could employ betts as the small forward with wright as the defensive forward, shutting down rebounding defenders like the enrights and birchalls and duffields etc.

I'm one of those who think that some improvement may come of petrenko with betts in the side, but I really don't know how well he will go in comparison to the others.

Then there's also someone like kerridge who id love to get game time into. A tad slow for my liking and not flashy enough compared to the above 3, but very strong in the air.

Then there's players like vince and thommo who I can see playing a lot more forward this year.

I'd probably start the season off with something like

Betts Jenkins. Lynch
Vince Walker. Wright
With maybe porplyzia on the bench to give us some extra marking power up forward and allowing wright to go for a midfield stint. Petrenko could be a chance depending on pre season form. However that opinion could change 50 times as I swap and change the positions in my head over and over :p

It's going to be an interesting battle that's for sure.

People on here like to give him stick, but with a full preseason we all know more than well what proplyzia is capable of. Age doesn't bother for porps as he is a smart footballer and relies a lot on his instinct/smarts as well as strong marking ability rather than pace and agility.

Wright has had some good stints up forward but I much prefer him in the midfield. But we could employ betts as the small forward with wright as the defensive forward, shutting down rebounding defenders like the enrights and birchalls and duffields etc.

I'm one of those who think that some improvement may come of petrenko with betts in the side, but I really don't know how well he will go in comparison to the others.

Then there's also someone like kerridge who id love to get game time into. A tad slow for my liking and not flashy enough compared to the above 3, but very strong in the air.

Then there's players like vince and thommo who I can see playing a lot more forward this year.

Betts Jenkins. Lynch
Vince Walker. Wright
With maybe porplyzia on the bench to give us some extra marking power up forward and allowing wright to go for a midfield stint. Petrenko could be a chance depending on pre season form. However that opinion could change 50 times as I swap and change the positions in my head over and over :p

I'm going to like lynch and betts working together

Betts Jenkins. Lynch
Vince Walker. Wright

I still think Lynch is a better HFF and would have Johnston in the FP.
Its all on Porps, think he bulked up too much this year. Has the skills and does those game changing things when the heat is really on. Love the Porpoise, but think his days are nearly behind him hence the 1 year deal.
Wright is a talent, whether he can take the next step is the question. Would see him more as a mid.
Petrenko has the most to lose imo. Can he make it in the midfield? Needs to work on his left leg as he gets caught too often on the wrong foot. Needs to be smarter, shoulder problems? Not enough of a tank? Tall enough? Massive PS is going to be needed or he'd better get used to the Ressies jumper.
With Betts signing Callinan is gone which is a shame. Just not fast enough to close on defenders.
Hope we delist then relist as the ex player to aid with the 2nds and see him cutting up Centrals...oh the irony.
Jaensch had a short run in the forward line, but his days are numbered.

Got a feeling Petrenko is going to be huge for us next year.

I think having Eddie in the side will take a heap of pressure off him to kick goals. He can then do what he does best and crest those pressure acts. Wasn't he 2nd in the league for these last year?

Reckon these two will scare the life out of defenders next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think having Eddie in the side will take a heap of pressure off him to kick goals. He can then do what he does best and crest those pressure acts. Wasn't he 2nd in the league for these last year?

Hope your right TT not looking like you're going to shite your pants when having a set shot would be good for Pets. Think Porps might get first crack thou.

Does anyone know what eddies record is like away from the MCG/ETIHAD? I remember a few years back he was missing easy shots when away from home.
As long as he learns how to kick goals at our home ground he'll be a step above most of our guys.

Pets was at his best early in 2012 when Stiffy was up and about up forward with him, the Geelong win in particular. Would be nice if he could get back to that sort of form.

Agree with this as I've also posted the same thoughts

Back