End of an era.

Originally posted by GOALden Hawk
I think with Scholes been the quality player he is, you don't really need a Litnamen type player - especially when Butt also seems to play a similar role.

Scholes just seems lost with a role that doesn't seem to have been defined properly. With Fergie's formation, he doesn't seem to know if he's a forward playing just behind the main striker or a striker that is playing forward of the midfield - if you know what I mean.

I reckon you need more a holding type midfielder in the Dietmar Hamann role - someone who will direct the play and ensure the midfield keeps its shape a bit more.

ROY KEANE

And certainly another striker, because RVN is not going to have a season like he did last year all the time.[B/]

Give him the chances and RVN will get the goals.

But if Fergie is so insistent on playing that 4-1-2-1-2 formation than a defensive midfield general is more what you need. Just my opinion.

Looked to me that Fergie was using a 4-4-2 formation on Saturday.

It's very easy to say, 'just sign Shevchenko' or 'just sign *insert good player here*' It is very difficult to sign players who are a) very good and b) firmly established members of their respective club.

Fergie should be looking at regional leagues, lower class divisions in an attempt to spot a real gem of a player, United have spent far too much money on too few players, we cannot sit back and say 'Just sign Shevchenko' and expect our woes to be solved.

Back