English Premier League : 23 , 24 and 25th of April

Remove this Banner Ad

you're wrong more than you're right.

you said a guy you've abused to no end would score. a guy you said had lost his pace. he's completely lost his touch (not that it was any good in the first place) and definitely his confidence but quite clearly he still has superior acceleration as evidenced last night.
of course you'd never admit that and man up to a stupid statement but it's a fact.

My grandma would outpace our CB never mind Torres. The opposition suit him to a tee and he took advantage of that. Superior acceleration over the slowest Cb in the league in Danny Gabbidon is not something to hang your hat on.

My grandma would outpace our CB never mind Torres. The opposition suit him to a tee and he took advantage of that. Superior acceleration over the slowest Cb in the league in Danny Gabbidon is not something to hang your hat on.
errr.... he did it past about four of your players.

you missed the ten metre headstart he gave bridge?

or the times he just cruised through your 'midfield'.

don't talk s**t.

embers was wrong.

Words can't describe how much you overrate a player who has had a decent season and never was and never will be good enough to play with the elite.

Would've been fitting for him to clean the boots of his fellow midfielders when he was at Chelsea he was that much out of his depth.

Since when did I decide the winner of the Writers player of the year or the PFA nominations. Dont pretend im dishing out an outlandisah opinion here. Im just saying what everyone else is about him.

When fit and playing well, Torres is still the best striker in the league.
what torres has (according to one is disappreared) is ridiculous acceleration off a standing start that basically no one in football can match - and to go with that, when in form he's one of the best finishers in the world, by head or foot.

His touch is his weakness, I've been saying that for years. but as long as it's passable it doesn't become a problem.

He's a knob for moving but I think Liverpool most Liverpool fans realise that he hasn't suddenly become s**t. He was down on confidence, still would be slightly but the attributes that made him one of the best strikers in the world have not deserted him. Despite what Embers will plead.

Since when did I decide the winner of the Writers player of the year or the PFA nominations. Dont pretend im dishing out an outlandisah opinion here. Im just saying what everyone else is about him.
and since when are awards handed out in the PL always deserved. most seasons they get it wrong.

writers just trying to be fashionable - and it was always going to a london player. not surprising there but if you think he's been the best player in the league this season then your state of delusion is far greater than what I first imagined.

errr.... he did it past about four of your players.

you missed the ten metre headstart he gave bridge?

or the times he just cruised through your 'midfield'.

don't talk s**t.

embers was wrong.

You mean when Bridge was running at half pace?

He cruised through our midfield when we had 2 players in it you imbecile. Even Agbbonlahor did that to us last week. Its tactical problems as i discussed

1 goal in 703 minutes proves me wrong :eek:. Would he have to score a hattrick of own goals to prove me right. I know he plays for your team now but it doesnt stop the fact he is limited and finished as a world class player. End of

and since when are awards handed out in the PL always deserved. most seasons they get it wrong.

writers just trying to be fashionable - and it was always going to a london player. not surprising there but if you think he's been the best player in the league this season then your state of delusion is far greater than what I first imagined.

Best CM by a mile

Nani, Kompany ahead of Parker IMO but only because of Parkers injury problems holding his year back slighly really.

what torres has (according to one is disappreared) is ridiculous acceleration off a standing start that basically no one in football can match - and to go with that, when in form he's one of the best finishers in the world, by head or foot.

His touch is his weakness, I've been saying that for years. but as long as it's passable it doesn't become a problem.

He's a knob for moving but I think Liverpool most Liverpool fans realise that he hasn't suddenly become s**t. He was down on confidence, still would be slightly but the attributes that made him one of the best strikers in the world have not deserted him. Despite what Embers will plead.

His touch was never that bad when it mattered mostly, he was asked to do to much at Liverpool, which is why he lost the ball so often, for a striker, he had so much possession because everyone passed him the ball.

If you limit the amount of times you use him and actually play him in when he can do some damage, his touch is normally great.

As you say, his finishing has always been top 5 in the world by head or by foot and he still has his acceleration, he might have lost a bit of pace over at extended run, but off the mark, his acceleration is second to none.

He still makes good runs and gets into good positions and his Chelsea team-mates don't need to pass him the ball, because they have creative players to do the hard work for Torres to finish off.

Now that he has one goal, I think he'll finish the season with 4 or 5 for Chelsea.

You mean when Bridge was running at half pace?

He cruised through our midfield when we had 2 players in it you imbecile. Even Agbbonlahor did that to us last week. Its tactical problems as i discussed

1 goal in 703 minutes proves me wrong :eek:. Would he have to score a hattrick of own goals to prove me right. I know he plays for your team now but it doesnt stop the fact he is limited and finished as a world class player. End of
why would bridge be running at half pace to chase a ball alongside torres? FAIL.
if my player was doing that then I'd want him sacked immeadiately.

huh? he cruised through the midfield because he was too pacy and his opponents couldn't near keep up nor stop him.

AGBONLAHOR is probably or very close to the quickest player in the ****ing league. He's a sprinter, not a footballer. So you're only emphasising my point, if anything.

1 goal in 703 minutes? I'm not talking about his ****ing form, or anything else. I'm talking solely about your ridiculous claim. And fwiw, he's most certainly not finished. Will bet you $100 right now that he'll get 15+ PL goals next season if he plays 30+ games.
But that's another issue with irrelevance to our current discussion amidst your failure to admit the absurdity of your 'no pace' claim.

as for parker. :D
I'm leaving it there.

His touch was never that bad when it mattered mostly, he was asked to do to much at Liverpool, which is why he lost the ball so often, for a striker, he had so much possession because everyone passed him the ball.

If you limit the amount of times you use him and actually play him in when he can do some damage, his touch is normally great.

As you say, his finishing has always been top 5 in the world by head or by foot and he still has his acceleration, he might have lost a bit of pace over at extended run, but off the mark, his acceleration is second to none.

He still makes good runs and gets into good positions and his Chelsea team-mates don't need to pass him the ball, because they have creative players to do the hard work for Torres to finish off.

Now that he has one goal, I think he'll finish the season with 4 or 5 for Chelsea.
I suppose he was isolated alot at Liverpool and did a great job considering he's not a hold the ball up type striker to make the best of the situation. I think when he's playing well his touch isn't great but it's not an issue or something that weakens his and the teams play.

silly to dismiss someone who only recently, very recently was close to the best striker in the world.

and it was noticeable last night re: creative players - he was linking up well with the anelka, malouda, benayoun etc and the team and torres looked much better off for it.

again - hated the fact he demanded a move in january - don't think it's a good thing for any player to do and doesn't reflect well but Chelsea will get good, maybe great service out of him in the coming seasons. I can confidently predict.

btw - if he was somehow responsible for dislodging manchester united then I'd probably fly to london and **** him. consent or no.

I think there was an element of luck to his goal last night, although that's generally the case with any goal. The first touch was poor and if they had been playing on anything but a river he would pushed it to wide and the defenders would have cleaned up. The defenders had no idea what was going on either.

Having said that, it was a solid run and the finish was what we've been expecting of Torres for months. But if he is going to rely on playing like that to get a few goals to finish off the season he'll be stuck on 1 until August.

Chelsea didn't bring Torres in for just 6 months so expect Drogba to be shown the door either this summer or next so the team can be built around Torres.

The problem that I saw with Torres this season was his lack of movement compared to his movement in his 1st 3 seasons with us. He was basically just going through the motions although he did improve when Kenny took over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Take Enrique off please.

We all know you're leaving in the summer, but if you're not going to put in a good effort from now until the end of the season you can **** right off.

Jordan Henderson board..... but he was a superstar last night.

Fantastic performance against the might of Wigan, can Diame **** off already, he's done jack s**t in his career and the 2 past years he has scored absolute belters against us at the SOL.

Reached the magical 40 point mark, got a very favourable run home so hopefully pick up a few more points, if we can get a side on the park, injuries are raping our carcass.

Bramble, Bardsley, Campbell, Gyan, Welbeck, Gordon, Richardson, Meyler all injured. Next match should be interesting, we officially have no fit strikers on the books.

Was going to mention it would be nice to finish above the Mags, but I'm not willing to give any lip until we have a fit striker!

why would bridge be running at half pace to chase a ball alongside torres? FAIL.
if my player was doing that then I'd want him sacked immeadiately.

huh? he cruised through the midfield because he was too pacy and his opponents couldn't near keep up nor stop him.

AGBONLAHOR is probably or very close to the quickest player in the ****ing league. He's a sprinter, not a footballer. So you're only emphasising my point, if anything.

1 goal in 703 minutes? I'm not talking about his ****ing form, or anything else. I'm talking solely about your ridiculous claim. And fwiw, he's most certainly not finished. Will bet you $100 right now that he'll get 15+ PL goals next season if he plays 30+ games.
But that's another issue with irrelevance to our current discussion amidst your failure to admit the absurdity of your 'no pace' claim.

as for parker. :D
I'm leaving it there.

Bridge had a fitness test before and at half time of the game to see if he can ge through. Playing severely crocked atm. Commentators mentioned it after the half (did you watch?)

Agbonlahor is quick but has poor touch/little skill etc. Dont argue it. West Ham had 2 players in the midfield by game end. Jonathon Spector and Hitz, both rather slow footballers. The lack of pace in our team has always been a problem especially with the worst defense in the league holding up the fort.

I said hes lost pace btw not that he doesnt have it. He still has some left, just not enough to make up for his poor touch and at times movement.

Would happily do a 100 dollar bet on Torres scoring 15 or less in the league.

Jordan Henderson board..... but he was a superstar last night.

Fantastic performance against the might of Wigan, can Diame **** off already, he's done jack s**t in his career and the 2 past years he has scored absolute belters against us at the SOL.

Reached the magical 40 point mark, got a very favourable run home so hopefully pick up a few more points, if we can get a side on the park, injuries are raping our carcass.

Bramble, Bardsley, Campbell, Gyan, Welbeck, Gordon, Richardson, Meyler all injured. Next match should be interesting, we officially have no fit strikers on the books.

I think Sessegnon will do a job upfront. Decided i like him as a player, loathe him as a RW. Its just not his role. Malbranque going right, Sessegnon going more central sparked you into life for mine.

Diame had a trial at Arsenal btw. Thats more then most players can dream of accomplishing, especially Wigan defensive ones :D

I think Sessegnon will do a job upfront. Decided i like him as a player, loathe him as a RW. Its just not his role. Malbranque going right, Sessegnon going more central sparked you into life for mine.

Diame had a trial at Arsenal btw. Thats more then most players can dream of accomplishing, especially Wigan defensive ones :D
Mark Milligan had a trial at Arsenal. It's not hard to get one apparently.

This was only a couple of years ago when he left Sydney and was trialing with Arsenal and other big name clubs and none of them took him.

He did a bit of a Ljubo.:p

0,,10366~9611757,00.jpg

PETER Odemwingie had his former Nigeria team-mate Olubayo Adefemi very much in his thoughts as he netted his 13th goal of the season at Tottenham yesterday.

After opening the scoring in the fifth minute, the in-form striker pulled up his shirt to reveal a tribute to the 25-year-old defender, who was killed in a car accident in Greece last week.
Surprised that commentators didn't even mention this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back