Roast Enough is enough

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How very 'family club' of you....

:confused:

Sorry mate, but its true. We're lucky enough to support the best football team of the modern era, we get spoiled constantly with success, and some of us can't resist playing he victim.

It's like a kid in Toorak being upset at the council because leaves stained his new Audi.

This isn't a cult.

Ergho_O....UM:confused:....Pretty sure it is!....It's called the cult of the HFC & we are all it's band of merry, loyal followers....At least, that's the common uniting thread/theme behind this here forum.:rolleyes:

We should be able to discuss a demonstrably bias full-page propaganda piece against our players/club, published in Melbourne's no 1 selling rag, without our own questioning why or the premises behind the need to.

If we don't defend ourselves then our silence is a passive acceptance/sanctioning of this BS Garbage.

Ergho_O....UM:confused:....Pretty sure it is!....It's called the cult of the HFC & we are all it's band of merry, loyal followers....At least, that's the common uniting thread/theme behind this here forum.:rolleyes:

We should be able to discuss a demonstrably bias full-page propaganda piece against our players/club, published in Melbourne's no 1 selling rag, without our own questioning why or the premises behind the need to.

If we don't defend ourselves then our silence is a passive acceptance/sanctioning of this BS Garbage.

I only plan on drinking the coolade 90% of the time, it appears the comments I make the other 10% of the time are going to piss off some of you, best put me on ignore mate.

Not particularly enjoying the implication that I am disloyal, but hey, guess we all have different perceptions of loyalty huh

Ablett last year and Fyfe this year had nothing incidents that were scrutinised all week long. Neither were worthy of being looked at by the mrp but the media frothed over both of them all week, far far more than the Mitchell/Walker 'incident'.
The vast majority of the coverage of those incidents was overwhelmingly in favour of those players. "Can't lose the Brownlow for that" and the 'Free Ablett' campaign was so blatant that I have no doubt there were many in the media that had a lot of money on him for the medal.

The vast majority of the coverage of those incidents was overwhelmingly in favour of those players. "Can't lose the Brownlow for that" and the 'Free Ablett' campaign was so blatant that I have no doubt there were many in the media that had a lot of money on him for the medal.

True. I was referring to scrutiny in general and I'd argue the same for Mitchell over the last couple of days. Its a select few who are on the attack, the majority of pundits I've heard and seen (outside of BF rubbish) have dismissed it. As they did with the examples I gave.

Oh good. Another thread complaining about the media.

Hawthorn are reigning back to back premiers, looking like they're hitting their straps for a third and getting repeated praise from media and commentators all the time.

I swear people just go hunting for things to complain about

My comments were in lieu of you're opening salvo & concluding blurb here!

No need to go hunting when it's slapped in one's proverbial face with the back page credit at the top citing 'Hawk Snipers'!

Either you don't live in Melb, or your comments are unfounded & ill-informed.

No need to go hunting when it's slapped in one's proverbial face with the back page credit at the top citing 'Hawk Snipers'!

I think what he (and I and others) are saying is that there is no point getting hung up on this stuff. Just ignore it. It is a trash paper. A garbage article in a tabloid rag. The MRP are the ones who can suspend our players, so they are the ones worth concerning ourselves with if and when they do.

Some of us don't like to come to the board and see threads like this stinking up the front page.

They actually wrote 'Hawks snipers'?! * me why do people buy that rag.

I cant understand how anyone can even get upset about something so transparent, let alone thinking its some sort of anti-Hawks agenda. Seriously it's such blatant chase for outraged discussion, unfortunately its working.

I think what he (and I and others) are saying is that there is no point getting hung up on this stuff. Just ignore it. It is a trash paper. A garbage article in a tabloid rag. The MRP are the ones who can suspend our players, so they are the ones worth concerning ourselves with if and when they do.

Some of us don't like to come to the board and see threads like this stinking up the front page

Well the point being that if you & the ChunkyDunkling don't like it & see it as 'stinking-up' our forum....Then what is the reason for your continued presence in it?

tige19 was well within his rights to procure this Fred, which has alot more foundation to it than most....Given the concerted media attacks on our club this year after almost every win, there is a need to put this garbage out there For ridicule & shame....After all, despite the lack of cred of it's author, it's about our club & an attempt to smear us once again to deflect the shadow from the real villans, Slobbo's filth!

Ok, I've just gone & read the Ralph article. It highlights how we've just got cleverer & walk that fine line continually. Good for us.

I'd already read the Cornes article this morning & it's the standard bleating of a mad ol' coot and a flat-track bully. Which he is.

I'd rather read these sort of articles than the sneering contempt that was shown towards us in 2002-4.

Only question I have is this. Would there be as much outcry is Walker absolutely knocked Mitchell into next week? Or would it be seen as "Good old fashioned hard footy."

Media spin things to get clicks or sell papers. The talking heads on Fox have become so absurd in some of their utterings that I don't even bother anymore. Apparently as soon as you get a microphone in front of you, you can say carte blanche, regardless of how you played the game (Hall, Lynch, Brown).

I'd just love for some balanced reporting and analysis, rather than a hysterical opinion based on a perception.
This.

Well put.

Dont mind if the media want to cast aspersions as to our game plan and intent....but dont be twisting facts, making s**t up, seeing things that are not there and blatantly lying about what actually happened.....all in order to discredit the HFC.

To the commentators who earn a living from AFL.....put your bias aside and do your job with some integrity.

To the journalists who make a living from AFL, stop trying to sensationalize everything just for "a story" and to get your name up in lights in your own bloody paper.

To the public...those that care. Keep rejecting their drivel until they get the message. As suggested....Hawks to give them short or no interviews. Basically * off you lying scumbags.

To the public that think this type of reporting is ok.......I hope when they get bored with telling porkies about the Hawks...that they come after your footy club with a vengeance.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back