2023 AFL Fixture is in

Remove this Banner Ad

I do turn up. But not having my reserved seat for 2 months between round 1 and 9 is pathetic and I’ll whinge if I bloody well like.
If you turn up then there was no need to reply.

Clearly & very clearly my post was aimed at those saying they wouldn’t go to games & those saying they wouldn’t renew their memberships

Paying $500 for a Gold Membership to 6 home games at the G is not great value considering there’s only 1 home game in the opening 9 at the G we can attend.

This fixture has shafted us no matter how much Ashley Klein can sugarcoat this on the clubs website.
I had this discussion with the membership girl that rang me about mine.
I pay (until this year) $495 for 1 game in wa.
Pathetic value.
She said I could go to all Melb home games to which I asked if she knew what it cost post-Covid to fly Perth-Melb return

I’m not fussed with any of the time slots we’ve been allocated. With the Covid affected seasons recently, including an extended period of NO footy, I’m still grateful for any ‘normal’ footy…
Perspective.

Those complaining, turn up! You want better games, turn up. Vote with your feet.

We get a lot of unhospitable games because outside the marquee match ups that the media pro.ote like crazy, we are a consistent draw on Tv primarily because the stands are empty.

This isn't my opinion, this is the opinion of those I've spoken to in the media

I have been forced to live in the UK for the last 3 seasons due to covid and wife’s family situation and thus have seen 0 games. Appreciate the disdain for our draws and felt similar when I was in Oz, but at least you get to go at all. It’s great there is the watchafl app so I can see the full games and enjoy being able to ignore results and watch at night with a few beers not knowing results, but nothing substitutes for being there. Hoping to see a game this year, fingers crossed I get a bonus to afford the exorbitant flight costs from London.

Those complaining, turn up! You want better games, turn up. Vote with your feet.

We get a lot of unhospitable games because outside the marquee match ups that the media pro.ote like crazy, we are a consistent draw on Tv primarily because the stands are empty.

This isn't my opinion, this is the opinion of those I've spoken to in the media
So to get games that are convenient to attend we have to go to games that are inconvenient to attend? That doesn't make any ******* sense!

AFL: Here's a game against a nothing team, late arvo on a Sunday on Mother's Day
Also AFL: Why isn't anyone turning up? Well, I'm not going to give you Saturday games then!

Finally a game in QLD woohoo!

4:40 PM on a Sunday at the Gold Coast. FMD.

Pretty much resigned myself to losing the kids to NRL. :mad:
My kids all grew up in qld, and not a one has ever even picked an nrl team (they are in their 20s) they still live here in qld, and could not care less about NRL. Never watched a state of origin game. only afl in the house, so it's possible your kids will come out unscathed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We become the first Vic club to ever travel interstate 10 times in a season.

You're not including Launceston here, right?

It's an amazing financial incentive for us Tasmania, but that comes with extra travel and less home games at the G.

I must be in the minority, but I actually like that we will be 'off-broadway' so to speak.

Let's just go about our rebuild, neutrals have no interest in watching us if we're being honest. Prime time is for TV eyeballs, we know that's how it works.

Our time with prime time slots will come along again in- line with our rebuild. It's just part of the cycle.

Last edited:
Over 2 yrs, winning record v top 6 is better than overall. We need the practice. We match up well melb and freo

Last edited:
Any SA members been able to get on and get a ticket for 'Gather Round'?

Sitting in a queue....

UPDATE: Ticket redeemed!

Got mine around 2pm after remembering I was meant to do it today and hadn't seen the email...

Checked my Junk mail and there it was.
5 minutes later after having to try 2 passwords to get onto ticketek (not my normal device - had to use that memory thing) I had an email confirming I'll have a ticket in my account when the time comes (chose print at home option)

As an SA member it was nice to get guaranteed access to 2 games this year.

I've been paying for an 11 game melbourne home reserved seat package for years and not being able to get to melbourne for games since covid, and still unsure if I'll attend all 11 games as I used to due to the cost of flights at the moment.
I have a bit of credit to use with the airlines but that'll probably get me 3-4 trips whereas it got me 7-8 back in 2020....

Every year we get screwed with the fixture with who we play twice. This year no different. But for once I don't mind as we'll be in prime position to pick up the generational talent in Reid. The Hawthorn haters at AFL house are laughing now but won't be come this time next year. Having said that said that they'll probably retaliate by making us play the top 4 teams twice. Can't help but think this agenda against us is driven by their detest for our president. Hopefully once Jeff is gone we get to play on an even playing field.

Every year we get screwed with the fixture with who we play twice. This year no different. But for once I don't mind as we'll be in prime position to pick up the generational talent in Reid. The Hawthorn haters at AFL house are laughing now but won't be come this time next year. Having said that said that they'll probably retaliate by making us play the top 4 teams twice. Can't help but think this agenda against us is driven by their detest for our president. Hopefully once Jeff is gone we get to play on an even playing field.
As others have said, it's not so much Hawthorn haters at AFL house that cause our problems it's a spoilt and somewhat apathetic supporter base. We rival the other big Melbourne clubs for membership, we handle our affairs and make money off the field, but we don't bloody show up to games. If we want to start getting some prime time slots we need to show up.

Richmond fans might have only turned up to throw their memberships at Richo back in the day, but at least they still showed up.

You obviously can‘t remember the fixtures we copped after voting no to merge, Kennett wasn’t around then. we had some absolute stinkers.

Let’s face reality, the last few years of Clarko we played a brand only a die hard supporter could even watch, it was awful. Next year we have the youngest team by some margin, Ch7 are not going to want to have us spoiling their ratings.

Fly under the radar for a few years and then swoop in like 2008.

You obviously can‘t remember the fixtures we copped after voting no to merge, Kennett wasn’t around then. we had some absolute stinkers.

Let’s face reality, the last few years of Clarko we played a brand only a die hard supporter could even watch, it was awful. Next year we have the youngest team by some margin, Ch7 are not going to want to have us spoiling their ratings.

Fly under the radar for a few years and then swoop in like 2008.
My observations are based upon the quality of opposition we have to face twice not the financial impact. I want us to win and contend every year but we get dudded every year just like this year. But this year we could potentially grab Reid as a result which eases my frustrations.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back