2023 Annual report

Remove this Banner Ad

i suspect those funds are part of the cash reserves that are protected to fund Dingley

either way, we have been saying for years they need new revenue streams.....i'm not aware that we have any.

Social club at Dingley? central venue to watch Away games

Lucky interest rates are in an up cycle then

Is Waverley on the balance sheet? Its an asset after all but its probably wrapped up with other things.

Is the plan to sell it?
What happens to it?
We rented it for a dollar or something ridiculous, which gave us a huge boost seeing as we have top knotch facilities for basically nothing, but I believe the real estate/building company owns the land?

We rented it for a dollar or something ridiculous, which gave us a huge boost seeing as we have top knotch facilities for basically nothing, but I believe the real estate/building company owns the land?
"Hawthorn paid $1 and, in return, received the freehold on the entire oval and a portion of what is now the administrative buildings. Thus, the club gained millions of dollars of real estate – a freehold that gave the club serious assets on the balance sheet, a buffer for bad times and no rental costs – for nothing. The Hawks also bought the gymnasium at Waverley and receive a tidy return of about 8 per cent a year."

"Hawthorn paid $1 and, in return, received the freehold on the entire oval and a portion of what is now the administrative buildings. Thus, the club gained millions of dollars of real estate – a freehold that gave the club serious assets on the balance sheet, a buffer for bad times and no rental costs – for nothing. The Hawks also bought the gymnasium at Waverley and receive a tidy return of about 8 per cent a year."

So to summarise, we're rich AF?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back