Club Mgmt. Essendon NBL Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Soccer has more exposure these days. Literally no one took an interest in the 90s where you wouldnt dare say you followed the sport in any way.

No one cares about the A-league, where as a huge amount of people follow overseas leagues. If they could tap into creating clubs on the back of AFL/NRL teams (same name, logos, kit) then it could be the conduit in getting more fans to the games as they have a brand/identity to support, as well as converting some AFL die hard fans into the sport.

I have zero interest in Melbourne Victory/city. However if there was an Essendon team I'd take a stronger interest.
Back in the 90's SBS showed Premier League games, now its shoved away on Optus sport. Sure it has more "exposure" because of the internet but guess what? So does everything else.

And people watch overseas leagues and rubbish Australian ones (I'm talking both soccer and basketball) because the standards is absolute garbage compared to them. Whacking Essendon, Hawthorn or West Coast colors on the team won't change that.

no offence to the man but Bogut is absolutely cooked, there is a reason he isnt in the NBA anymore.

Spent a good portion of his last 3 years out injured. His knees are shot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back