Expectations Richmond VFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Expecting a super competitive side that plays with the same intensity & game plan as the Seniors.
Expecting players to be ready to step up when required by the seniors.
Expecting finals like the seniors.
Praying for a flag like the seniors.

I want to see the developing players picked in the position we want to see them play in the seniors. I don't want to see Darrou picking up the tallest forward or Arnot playing 100% of game time on the ball. That's not what they'll be asked to do if / when they come into the seniors.

And I want to see some of the VFL listed Richmond players putting their hand up for the 2015 rookie list.

Wins would be nice, especially at Punt Road, but my expectations for the VFL team are all about making the seniors better.

As long as our players our learning the game plan and improving I will be happy. Making the transition from VFL to AFL should be made easier for players with Richmond having their own VFL team and the advice they will receive from coaches.

As long as our players our learning the game plan and improving I will be happy. Making the transition from VFL to AFL should be made easier for players with Richmond having their own VFL team and the advice they will receive from coaches.
That's not the spirit. Flag or bust for me. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want to see the developing players picked in the position we want to see them play in the seniors. I don't want to see Darrou picking up the tallest forward or Arnot playing 100% of game time on the ball. That's not what they'll be asked to do if / when they come into the seniors.

Nah, this is exactly what you'll see.

Players being pushed to expand their capabilities and tried out to see what else they can do/how versatile they are. If anything there will be more of this, because the focus will be more heavily on development, rather than being 'held back' by those silly Coburg people who felt that winning was what the team was about.

Coburg didn't play our players there without our approval...look at the head coach....Same guy who coached Coburg last year, and just like last year, he's on the RFC payroll.

Read a VFL season preview in the Herald Sun on Saturday I think and they tipped us to finish 5th. Not sure how much analysis they put into it - the 'player to watch' they said was McBean (got the feeling they were just rehashing last year's mail....).

Tim Clarke made a valid point, that they need to playing as long as us. The furthest I see us going is a win in the finals, be that through to week 2 or 3. Our VFL side has to go pretty much all the way.

Tim Clarke made a valid point, that they need to playing as long as us. The furthest I see us going is a win in the finals, be that through to week 2 or 3. Our VFL side has to go pretty much all the way.

Agree - need the VFL side playing finals as well to ensure the players outside the 22 are putting pressure on those in it. Competition to ensure the team we put out for finals is the best we can possibly field.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back