Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Norwood, Memphis Grizzlies, Bengals
WesternBulldogs_246b.jpg
VS
FD_RGB_A2_MONOGRAM_VERT_FC350px-for-web-story.jpg

Etihad Stadium, Saturday 3 September, 2.10pm

Last time we met
Fremantle 12.13 (85) d Western Bulldogs 11.12 (78), round five, 2011, at Patersons Stadium

unledowp.jpg

Dogs preview
Well, it's finally the last game of what has been a shitty season. Gotta go out on a high. A loss here would be inexcusable given the state of the opposition and the sentimentality of Hall and Huddo's last game.

Hudson, Wood, and Wallis come in at the expense of Cordy (inj), with Hill and Addison both omitted. It's been good to see Cordy finally get a run, hopefully we'll see much more of him next year. This is also the first time in a while we get to see Libba and Wallis take the field together, so it should be good.

McPharlin will probably go to Hall, seeing as he did the job earlier in the year. This is a different Barry though, playing with more freedom and without the early season injuries that dogged him. Silvagni was apparently under a cloud due to concussion, but he's come up and will get the job on Jones.

Our defence is looking pretty safe this week. I don't rate Mayne at all, while Markovic was good at times on Franklin last week, especially body on body. Big Kep Bradley in his 100th game may be an issue, much like he was last time we met. Barlow should be able to go with him.

Midfield on midfield- we should really have them on toast. Too many out with no Fyfe and Pav there to provide the class. Boyd, Ward, Cross should be too experienced for them.

All in all, should be a good win by us and farewell two good club servants, three if you include Hahn. There is a fourth but this thread is about the match, not about him.

Freo preview

Gus' tip
Dogs by 30+

Hope Bazza kicks a heap and somehow we can get Huddo a goal.
Cheers for the write-ups this year Gus:thumbsu:

Thanks to everyone giving me a chop-out when I couldn't get these done each week.

Thanks to everyone giving me a chop-out when I couldn't get these done each week.

Thanks Gus for putting in the effort each week mate. I know all of us appreciate how you've resurrected the Face Off thread. :thumbsu:

Good work Gus. Leading Goalkickers after r23:

Western Bulldogs:

Hall 50
Giansiracusa 43
Griffen 22
Sherman* 17
Jones 17
Grant 16

Fremantle:

Mayne 25
Bradley 23
Ballantyne* 23
Pavlich* 21
Fyfe* 18
Hill 14

*Not playing tomorrow

You should smash us. We have not played a decent game in Melb this yr and what is left of our team isnt impressive!!!
In a strange way I have always followed and respected big Barry so if he kicks a bag (which he often does against us) then I'll be happy to watch a true champion leave the game in style.

Back