Minecraft Factions?

Remove this Banner Ad

I have been thinking about setting up a Factions server - where players join teams and claim land, fighting each other for supremacy.

We could have one faction per footy club for supporters of that club only.

Limit the land area and reset the world every 3-6 months, proclaiming a winning team each time.

A number of clubs would be under-represented but that is ok.

I've played factions on the MCAU temp server. Lots of fun when it gets going. All for it.

• Admin
Sounds like fun, but there wouldn't be enough dedicated players to have one faction per club IMO. You'd have huge imbalances in the teams.
Yes you would, so if you're into it you'd need to recruit new players.

This still in the works?
Just sayin', New Crackton and your island > everything ever. So I'm not particularly against this.

Though as some people are so well set up already, it might call for a map restart.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bump!

This would be AWESOME! A really good idea.

I guess I bumped because I didn't want to see such a good idea go down the drain.

I have a solution to the uneven factions problem:

Advantages System

Ok, so once the server was up, there could be a trial phase. The phase could be around about 1 month long. In this phase, at the end of the phase, the number of members who have joined in each of the 18 teams/factions would be recorded. Say these are the results from a three faction server:

Team A - 15 members joined
Team B - 7 members joined
Team C - 5 members joined

So the 'advantage' would work like this:

Team A would receive nothing
Team B would receive 1 iron chestplate and 1 diamond sword for each member
Team C would receive 1 full set of enchanted diamond armour for each member

After this initial phase, the number of members in each faction would be recorded each month, and each month, advantages would be given out to various factions based on the amount of members. The advantages given out may be changed depending on how well the faction was going.

Something I just thought of: penalties would apply for factions who 'tank' for advantages.

I would like to see this brilliant server come through.

arro73.

And than lobby to have a non faction affiliated individual installed as new faction leader?

Who would then send us a bundle of appropriate resources such as diamonds and gold to help pay out those once-affiliated individuals?

Who would then send us a bundle of appropriate resources such as diamonds and gold to help pay out those once-affiliated individuals?

We are getting the hang of this faction thing.

What could go wrong? Quick someone hand me my machete sword, I've got some heads to swipe at.

Think it's a great idea, perhaps if i could suggest, rather than having 18 seperate teams, maybe have 2 or 3.

If we have 18 teams (one for each footy club) which may result in some teams of 1 or 2 people it may be better to have three teams of six, people are split into these teams based on who they support, so each team would be made up of the supporters from 6 certain footy clubs.

Would be great to see this given a go even just as a trial to see if it would work.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back