Fallout: 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Just because we support West Coast doesn’t mean we need to lie and say we think they will make finals or whatever, some of you need to accept how dire our situation really is.

We are going to be bad next year, of course I’d be ecstatic if we weren’t, but we will be.

All our senior guys are another year older, we’ve lost our best forward in JK, we’re losing Rioli too

I could see us winning 2 or so more games, but we’re still going to be poor. Our priority will be developing the young kids and make sure we start showing some top end young talent coming through
Well said. Some cant handle the truth that we suck. Better to be honest than bury the head. We are rubbish, 12th is delusional. People overlook just how much we lost in that Kelly trade. This rebuild will be worse because of it. Doesn't mean we hate our club means we are long term thinking and more patient than others. 12 place would mean a much worse pick we need to think long term, no quick fixes. I think we go bottom 4 next 2 years atleast, we are absolutely rubbish but I'm ok with that because we had a good run not long ago and building quality takes time. Most opposition supporters I talk to have us wooden spooners next year, only on eagle threads do I see these predictions of 12th. Its laughable it really is.

Oh…….

So you agree, we will improve next year!!!!!
We could win 2 more games and still win the spoon. Point is we won't be 12. We are rubbish
Most outside this bubble consider our rebuild to be 5 years long. No other afl club is being projected this way. Only on here the view is different because people cannot separate emotions from clear thinking.

There’s a few dreamers on here, wishing we finish last next year. That kind of thinking belongs to dockers supporters, f*ing snap out of it!

WE WILL IMPROVE NEXT YEAR!

maybe not to the top 8, around 12th more than likely. Collingwood finished 17th last year.
We are not collingwood. Our lists are not the same. Colling wood didnt give away 2 draft hands and don't have as many oldies. Apple's to oranges, and we are a shriveled up old Orange. But I'm ok with it because I know we will rebuild stronger by being patient and not looking for quick fixes. Quality takes time.

If we want to look at the positives, now is the perfect time to rebuild with Tassie coming in, in four years time. By then our rebuild will be done right before the drafts are completely compromised and those that need to rebuild will be up the creek doing so.

We're gonna be crap next year but probably not as crap as we were this season. I still think we're bottom 4 unless Dad's Army somehow turns back the clock 3 or 4 years
Oh……….

Bottom 4, so we could finish 14!

Not much difference between 12 and 14 in win/loss ratios over the years.

Y
I think there's more chance of us finishing 18th than 12th
You 3 are making 12th sound like a top 4 position!

What’s the difference between 18th and 12th in win/loss?

About 5 win in a normal year.

But its ok, you just keep wishing for another year like 22.

We're gonna be crap next year but probably not as crap as we were this season. I still think we're bottom 4 unless Dad's Army somehow turns back the clock 3 or 4 years
Yeah we will know how serious Dads army are when the start of pre season commences. If they show up to do extra and are serious about getting fit then we may see a bit of improvement.

But if the first month of preseason is just the young blokes and a bunch of spuds putting the work in then we won’t see any improvement at all.

Gaff, Kelly need to stay out of the weights room and lose a few kgs so they can run and cover some ground again. Yeo hopefully not getting called fat by Kane because he was right. McGovern fit and firing like he was at the start of the year. Shuey with no hamstrings 😬. Sheed, Oscar, Darling, Cripps all putting the work in rather than injured or scared of a jab.

Remember folks we won’t have Nelson to blame it all on next year so we need the vets to show something 🤣

Y

You 3 are making 12th sound like a top 4 position!

What’s the difference between 18th and 12th in win/loss?

About 5 win in a normal year.

But its ok, you just keep wishing for another year like 22.
Stop being so melodramatic, no one's wishing for a year like this one.
But the reality is that our playing list is not very good so we're probably not going to be very good.
It's the cyclical nature of our league. We'll have a couple of down years, draft some guns and start to climb back up the ladder.

Oh……….

Bottom 4, so we could finish 14!

Not much difference between 12 and 14 in win/loss ratios over the years.
Look we all want the same more eagle flags. It seems to me you want a quick fix whereas I would prefer a measured approach. Not a st Kilda rebuild to be a mid table side a proper rebuild to challenge for a flag. Isn't that what we all want ? Not some half measure rebuild because you can't stomach a few low finishes. The worst position to be in isnt bottom 4 its being a perennial mid table finisher , never good enough to challenge never low enough to rebuild properly. We don't have the luxury of academy selections or father sons. So for God's sake let's gather a bit of top 10 talent that we haven't had here for so dam long!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But the reality is that our playing list is not very good so we're probably not going to be very good.
It's the cyclical nature of our league. We'll have a couple of down years, draft some guns and start to climb back up the ladder.
This sort of comment is why I like your views. You think long term. After today I disagree with you on Cadman though. He should be pick 2 if wardlaw hammies are not up to snuff and Sheezel is gone.

Yes people are wishing for the exact same result. This has been mention in the last dozen posts, and labeled as long term thinking.

Our list will turn over naturally over the next few years!

There are more ways to improve a list than just ladder position.

This sort of comment is why I like your views. You think long term.
It makes sense, like you say a half arsed rebuild just leads to us sitting mid table for the next 10 years.
I don't care if we lose next year as long as we see young players prioritised over the older ones, the continued transition to the new game plan and that the guys out there are competing

Yes people are wishing for the exact same result. This has been mention in the last dozen posts, and labeled as long term thinking.

I don't think anyone is hoping we lose by record margins most weeks. But you have to face the very real possibility that we are still going to be pretty bad in 2023.

I don't think anyone is hoping we lose by record margins most weeks. But you have to face the very real possibility that we are still going to be pretty bad in 2023.
Agreed, we have been a very average team since 21, so 23 will be a tough year again. Fitness and availability will see us improve!

But for what is worth, I think Terryflik, you and 88 should be on the Dockers page! Just average supporters really!

Even if we did shoot to 12 then 8 the following year by then most of our oldies retire then what ? I know you mean well but do you want to be st kilda or do you want to be chasing flags (mayhem 😞). Ladder position isn't everything but when you've given away 2 draft hands😞, kept nearly all your oldies from the golden era and had no top 10 picks in over a decade sorry but it does matter. The piemam is a decent recruiter but he can only do so much with no father sons, no academy selections, and a dearth of top 10's.

Agreed, we have been a very average team since 21, so 23 will be a tough year again. Fitness and availability will see us improve!

But for what is worth, I think Terryflik, you and 88 should be on the Dockers page! Just average supporters really!
Golly your a hard man

Fair enough we should fight to avoid spoon. But I feel bottom 4 is inevitable,

Bottom 4 would be like winning the flag.. we are bottom 2 because we cannot beat anyone… we can’t even get close consistently to this years bottom 4..

Whats the odds chesser, yeo, cole and nic still wont be in full training by the start of next year and the oldies will just wax who will be unfit and injured over the preseason and miss weeks..

Someone said we won’t deserve it, we actually will due to garbage management, coaching, players holding each other to account, list managers and rubbish contract to rubbish players and fitness staff.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back