Other Favorite Football-Related Sites

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: NFL fan forums

You kidding Zarko? The Raiders forums are some of the best entertainment on the net.

The Falcons board was a favorite until they started winning.
lol for serious discussion I meant :p

I remember in there, opening game they had a 15 page thread insulting Eddie Royal and how much of a joke it was that he was starting against them before kickoff :eek:

Re: Brian Billick's Blog

I will still hold up that he was fired from the Ravens too quickly after one bad season after many good ones last year. Of course Harry makes its hard to hate too much :p

See what happens when he is forced to bring in a new batch...

Good stuff by Billick though, congrats to him..

Happy to be corrected, but wasnt the fundamental reason why he was removed was because he was supposedly meant to be highly skilled at developing QBs....and the carousel of "QB"s that played under him showed little or no sign of that ability?

Happy to be corrected, but wasnt the fundamental reason why he was removed was because he was supposedly meant to be highly skilled at developing QBs....and the carousel of "QB"s that played under him showed little or no sign of that ability?

Perhaps Dspeed can explain it to us. Because I'm not sure, but Ozzie Newsome (imo) would've drafted everyone and Billick only had input, but the decision the GM's. So it might not be Billick's fault at all that the Ravens offense had workmen rather than talented athletes.

Perhaps also because it's clear the Ravens under Newsome have been built to be a defensive-orientated team a la Steelers. Especially in that division where the prevailing thought was that to win in that division you had to replicate the Steelers, or, that the Steelers model for success was copied.

I mean they have Rex Ryan there and it's obvious the amount of talent they have on defense that they've really loaded up on that side of the ball in their drafts and signings.

Imo, Billick in a place like say Oakland would see far more creative offense given the Raiders traditional style of play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: NFL.com and other sites

Just on ProFootballFocus...

According to profootallfocus.com statistics, Michael Bush ranked second in the NFL behind Kansas City’s Jamal Charles with 3.4 yards per carry after first contact. Darren McFadden was ranked 38th out of 61 qualifiers at 2.4 yards after contact, which was actually a slight improvement from his 2.1 figure as a rookie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back