Food, Drink & Dining Out Favourite Beer II

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon a lot of those hyped US beers probably aren't as good as people make them out to be and that the chase (lining up for limited edition beers!?) is a thrill for many.
The Vermont big 3 (Alchemist, Hill Farmstead and Lawson's) are absolutely worth the hype. When I was studying in Canada I had a housemate who lived 10km from the Alchemist and brought fresh heady plus some HFS and Lawsons's back with him after mid-semester break. HFS saisons in particular are mindblowingly good.
Pliny on the other hand, is beautifully crafted, but didn't blow me away.

Agreed on NZ being ahead of us. At least we have Hop Hog.
Definitely on hop forward stuff, but not so much apart from that.

Skirted all around it and haven't even tried it yet.

Have wanted to but as some movies you want to see, you just somehow don't get there.

Off to Murphy's tomorrow and will do so. Thanks for the prompt. :thumbsu:

Get a four pack of Hop Hog and come back with your thoughts. I think it's world class.

The Vermont big 3 (Alchemist, Hill Farmstead and Lawson's) are absolutely worth the hype. When I was studying in Canada I had a housemate who lived 10km from the Alchemist and brought fresh heady plus some HFS and Lawsons's back with him after mid-semester break. HFS saisons in particular are mindblowingly good.
Pliny on the other hand, is beautifully crafted, but didn't blow me away.

Definitely on hop forward stuff, but not so much apart from that.

Noted on the Vermont stuff.

Continuing to drain my lambic/gueze resources atm. Rose de Gambrinus, De Cam Lambiek Special and 3F Armand and Tommy for tonight. Haven't had the latter two so looking forward to it.

Continuing to drain my lambic/gueze resources atm. Rose de Gambrinus, De Cam Lambiek Special and 3F Armand and Tommy for tonight. Haven't had the latter two so looking forward to it.

Some poor bugger posted a photo on beer advocate of a stuff up he had with his lambic/gueze stock.

He froze them all by accident and ruined them.

Armand and Tommy is out of this world. So worth it. Did you get a 750 or a 330?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Southern Hemisphere Harvest.

Loving that but it is limited and will be even moreso if I keep buying it in the volume I am. :)

Did finally get around to Feral Hop Hog but just a little too tame for a big hop hit for me.
Beautiful beer and certainly one of Australia's better beers but for the real stuff we have to look off-shore.

Ok. Have you had Green Flash's 'Palate Wrecker'? Get a four pack from Purvis. If you can't find that, Sierra Nevada's 'Hoptimim'.

It's not just for the hops but for I love the texture and body of some of the beefier IPA's/Double APA's

I have a lot to get through this year but the only problem is that once I've found something I tend to stick to it for some time and Tuatara and Sierra Nevada products are doing it for me for now at least.
Helps that they're also somewhat readily available.

Dan Murphy's is a bit disappointing as there is a lot they just don't/can't carry.

Where do you get the Palate Wrecker from?

Smashed a pabst blue ribbon which i found in a suitcase in my shed which was out of date 8 months ago. "Warm" would be generous as well, hit 38 degrees 2 hours ago

Still better then Corona
Pabst Blue Ribbon? * that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back