Favourite game sans Grand Final wins

Remove this Banner Ad

A slightly left field one - but always pops in to my mind when asked about my favorited game - 2012 Anzac Day. Seated next to my father (also a pies man) in the rain, surrounded by vocal Essendon fans - the humble penguins toe-poke of the deck to win it at the death!

Honorable mentions:
1 - Round 19 2022 v Essendon - Elliott after the siren
2 - 2009 Semi-Final - Jack Anthony
3 - 2018 Prelim - "The Mason Cox Experience"

2010 prelim is the best football I've ever seen from a Collingwood team - particularly the first half.

Complete decimation of a very good opponent in a high stakes game. Didn't even give them a chance from the very first minute.

The Pendlebury right foot goal is the loudest roar I've ever heard from a crowd.
It was unbelievable, wasn't it? How about the Anvil's kick from 50 on the run and the massive leg break??

Might be a controversial thing to say, but I don't think the 2023 PF was that good to be honest.

Sure it was a close finish and we had the whole crowd backing us, but it lacked something that the 2010, 2011 and 2018 Prelims had.
Oh it was absolutely agonising to watch and still agonising to rewatch haha, at least there's a good payoff :)

Might be a controversial thing to say, but I don't think the 2023 PF was that good to be honest.

Sure it was a close finish and we had the whole crowd backing us, but it lacked something that the 2010, 2011 and 2018 Prelims had.
Yeah agree, as someone who was there it wasn't a fun game to be at and it was a pretty poor display of footy at the end with such a low score.

2007 PF was the earliest game I remember watching and so 2010 had a profound impact on me seeing us get revenge over the Cats as did 2011.

2018 was just pure magic. Being at school that day it was 'footy dress-up Friday' and seeing all the smug Richmond supporters in their freshly-ironed clash guernseys they bought from Bandwagons 'R' Us letting me know how "tonight is going to be a massacre".

Well they weren't wrong in the end.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back