Favourite Highlight of 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

It is going to be a long time until Round 1, 2018.

Post your favourite highlights from the year so others can get through preseason with some hope for what lies ahead next season.

Beat me to the punch...Liam Jones
I remember an article about him in the herald sun in the past month...so much respect for this young man.
I hope this time next year we are saying even better things about him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SPS vs Collingwood. What a game.
Pretty much this.
Our most important thing right now is nailing our picks at the draft. Particularly the early ones.
2015 most of us were already confident that draft batch was a big tick but we still knew we need more elite young talent for long term build. That game against Collingwood highlighted to me we had nailed pick 5 with a gun for long term future. Absolute elite skills and only just learning to play seniors this year.
The kick to Gibbs just so sublime. Only 1% of AFL players can do stuff like that.

Someone else will have to track down the video of it. Cannot find it readily.
The other big highlight was Charlie Curnow showing his development is right on track to be a gun in no time at all. Slow start to season for first 5 or 6 weeks and then all of a sudden he started playing like he belonged on this big stage.

The third highlight was getting a couple of senior games into Harry McKay towards end of year so he has a feel for what this level is at seniors. Ball was barely down there and he showed his skills as a tall guy are what we want and what we need for long term in few bits of play he got involved in.

Also very happy our picks in 20's of last two drafts also look like they belong at this level.
Cuningham unfortunately got injured but he showed in a few games, particularly against North if he has time and space he can hurt teams on the scoreboard with his composure and finishing skills in traffic. Zac Fisher being blooded in so many games was perfect for his development. He is going to come on in leaps and bounds in terms of impact in coming seasons.

Finally, I am excited at just some little things I saw of Kerr in the VFL. Got a good feeling about him for AFL level in a couple of years and given we got him around pick 60 will be one hell of a bargain I feel.

oh s**t, I forgot before the season nailing the trade period of laughing at Crows as GWS held out trading Marchbank and Pickett to us as they hoped we would trade Gibbs and they could ask for a higher pick for their players as a result but SOS kept cards close to chest and neither club had a good read on him and we got Marchbank and Pickett for a steal in last hour or two when GWS gave up hope of getting something better for those two young guns.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back