cormick

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 13, 2007
em dub
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Burgers, City
I think it's appropriate to hopefully re-live some of your favourite Richo memories.

For mine, I can't separate the 10th goal verse the WBD, the goal with his leg stuck underneath him whilst being tackled by Hay verse Hawthorn and the 7 goals to single-handedly beat Sydney up at the SCG in 2004.

That win against Essendon I think it was when he played with a fractured eye socket and kick 8 to win us the game. Also speckie in his 200th game against Port was a good one too.

The game against Essendon when iirc he played with a fractured eye-socket, cheekbone etc.. Also the Brownlow when he almost won it and had the whole room barracking for him.

Of course the 10 goals against the dogs (just bought that game on DVD, will be watching it soon I reckon). Also the game against was it Brisbane two years ago? Won that game by himself. Actually he has won many games singlehandedly.

That Sydney game in the rain was also a highlight.

Bahhhh I dreaded the day I had to reflect on his career. I thought he would go on forever.. :(

Every game he played is my favourite memory...

The year after he did his knee when he kicked 91 goals..

10 goals against the doggies...

7 goals in the wet against the swans...

His towering marks, one against port power at docklands, against essendon at the g and numerous other ones..

He played a game against the dons in 2005 or 2006 where had over 20 touches, 18 marks and kicked 5.4....

long live the richo man!!!

Posted this on the main board but such a good story I'll repeat it.

My favourite memory of Richo

A friend of mine who happens to be a Richo fanatic, became an accountant and had a graduation party. Her partner went up to Richo after a game and asked would he like to come as a surprise guest to help celebrate. He said, "sure, no worries".

He was given the address on a bit of paper and didn't expect he'd rock up. But lo and behold on the night, there was a knock on the door and here is Richo standing there.

After a mad scramble to get rid of all the cardboard cut-outs of him that decorated the house lol, he came in and joined them.

That is just him all over, the nicest person ever to play AFL footy.

A friend of mine who happens to be a Richo fanatic, became an accountant and had a graduation party. Her partner went up to Richo after a game and asked would he like to come as a surprise guest to help celebrate. He said, "sure, no worries".

He was given the address on a bit of paper and didn't expect he'd rock up. But lo and behold on the night, there was a knock on the door and here is Richo standing there.

After a mad scramble to get rid of all the cardboard cut-outs of him that decorated the house lol, he came in and joined them.

Nice story Froars

Damnit Cormick, I was going to post this thread. I even asked peejay if I could be unbanned for it. :(

So many favourite Richo memories. So many Richo memories in general.. he's the reason you stick by a club like Richmond - at least in my lifetime.

A few stick out;

His 10 goals against the Bulldogs. Everyone thought he would one day get there (tearing up as I write this) but no one was ever sure. The great man kicked 10 and I was so glad I could be there on that day. What a ripper. The crowd went absolutely nuts and I was sitting down the Punt Road end. It was amazing. What a feeling.. the whole bloody stand erupted when he booted that 10th one. I bet he felt on top of the moon.

The push in the back against Essendon (even though it was a shocker) is a reason why you just love the big guy. He went nuts and was shattered. He wore his heart on his sleave and I bet we never get another robot who plays AFL to be like Richo. You know how he feels for everything - the jumper, the game, the fans... everything.

7 goals against Sydney, like you mentioned... amazing game. Bucketing down and he slammed that one from 60 home.

I wish he got more of a taste of 1995. We would have been in the Grand Final, I reckon.

The Earth is lucky to have someone like Matthew Richardson. We were lucky enough to be able to go and watch him play and even moreso for him to support and play for our club.

I'm just crying now, so whats the point in going on. I don't know what to say anymore.

I'll take all of the memories Richo has given me as a passionate Richmond supporter to the grave.

Holy crap, she would have been stoked! Her boyfriend would have earned some major brownie points that day. Great Richo story.

MY FAVourite memory of the richoman came in a game against nth melb mick martin gave him 1 a welcometo thebig time and richo gave him 1 of the best left right left combos ive ever seen outside of a boxing ring mick s**t himself and stayed away all game while richo kicked a lazy 9 and we buired them:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what was the game against the doggies where he kicked 10... i was there, but i want to buy it!

Funnily enough I ordered it about a month ago...

It was Round 8, 2004.

I was there too, up the punt road end, being young it was all a bit of a blur but it is definitely a game that sticks out and that I remember.

Every game he played is my favourite memory...

The year after he did his knee when he kicked 91 goals..

10 goals against the doggies...

7 goals in the wet against the swans...

His towering marks, one against port power at docklands, against essendon at the g and numerous other ones..

He played a game against the dons in 2005 or 2006 where had over 20 touches, 18 marks and kicked 5.4....

long live the richo man!!!

RRRichovReimers_gallery__273x400.jpg

[YOUTUBE]EbF1gZd2Ljw[/YOUTUBE]

It wasn't a push in the back. Mal Michael leaned into him.

10 goals against Doggies, was there :)
Speckie I think last year against the Pies, was there :)
Too many to speak of

Absolute legend of the game. I think like Shane Crawford, he went out at the right time (as opposed to other players that go that extra year and fail). My only wish was that he had played in a premiership team. He deserved it. At any other club with a good midfield he would've kicked over 1000 goals.

Another memory is his 200th game against Port Adelaide at the Dome where we were coming in that second (?) quarter and then Richo took a screamer in the goal square and I think that put us in front. Fantastic mark.

Cheers. I thought it was Hawthorn halfway through but remembered that horrible jumper we wore against Carlton. Did we win that match? I don't remember (which probably means I've tried to shut it out of my memory).

Absolutely belted. We were horrible... didn't even fire a shot. Richmond at it's anticlimatic best.

That win against Essendon I think it was when he played with a fractured eye socket and kick 8 to win us the game. Also speckie in his 200th game against Port was a good one too.

those are the two i would pick as well...i think that mark in the port game may be the most i've ever gone nuts at the footy and i had the herald sun back page on my wall for months afterwards (headline: matthew, mark..who needs luke and john when you're so high and mighty?) ...still have it somewhere

those are the two i would pick as well...i think that mark in the port game may be the most i've ever gone nuts at the footy and i had the herald sun back page on my wall for months afterwards (headline: matthew, mark..who needs luke and john when you're so high and mighty?) ...still have it somewhere

This needs to be: Found. Scanned. Posted. :thumbsu:

if he had a send off game that would be a pretty good memory. really wanted him to go around again like everyone else.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back