Fev

Remove this Banner Ad

OK, I know I'll get slammed on this one (and maybe it is the beer talking) however....

...how good would the Cats be with Fevola at FF?? Yes, I know it is a short term option and yes I know it could stunt Hawkins development however maybe there is an argument about "making hay while the sun shines".

GFC would have to give up a bit to get Fevola but I think he'd make Geelong a more potent outfit.

Clearly, unlikely to happen but, seriously, it would be a scared opposition that came up against GFC with Fev storming out of the goal square.

Maybe he can Do a deal with our MOB boss ( Costa )

Or mabey he could live down the sterotype and open a Cafe/Resturant......

See, these r all options...y aren't u on the board??

for ablett bartel and corey then we have a deal :) we will even chuck in o hailpin lol

U only want those 3? How about we throw in Selwood and Hawkins?? ;)

U can keep Irish - I think he might be a lost cause.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

try telling my board that.im getting crucified for saying it..
btw, whats the deal with hawkins this yr..struggling a bit?

He'll be right - there is a school of thought that he is carrying an injury but I suspect it is just a form issue.

Spend a couple of weeks in the VFL and he'll be right again.

Dunno. Would completely change the way our forward line works. While I hate Tom's indecisive play right now Fev is right at the other end of the spectrum (not that I blame him he has known no other way because of his ordinary team) and I'm not sure our other forwards would appreciate him bombing away from outside 50 and tough angles all the time.

However again I concede Hawkins (and perhaps even Mooney this year) could use Fevs confidence and clean strong hands.

Dunno. Would completely change the way our forward line works. While I hate Tom's indecisive play right now Fev is right at the other end of the spectrum (not that I blame him he has known no other way because of his ordinary team) and I'm not sure our other forwards would appreciate him bombing away from outside 50 and tough angles all the time.

However again I concede Hawkins (and perhaps even Mooney this year) could use Fevs confidence and clean strong hands.
After seeing the game against the Dreamteam, Fev would get better delivery playing for the Cats and wouldn't lead as wide if the opposition weren't clogging up the space he likes to lead into. There would be less focus on Fev and more space for him to work in if Chapman, Mooney, Johnson, etc. were playing alongside him.

Fev wouldn't bomb away if we had other options who can kick and take a mark.

Johnson and Fevola would be a freakshow playing together. :thumbsu:

I agree with this. Through my drunken ramblings I think this was ultimately what I was thinking...in a muddled way.

Geelong wouldn't go after Fevola because he'd cost too much and it goes against the club's current policy on trading/development.

But when I saw Hawkins pass off when he was right in front, 35m out I was pulling my hair out.

Fevola wouldn't do that. He'd go back and, 9 times out of 10, slot it through.

Unselfish footy has worked well for Geelong but I think Hawkins and Mooney could become a little more selfish. Kicking goals would also do wonders for their confidence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back