AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
FGD Board Awards Poll #5 - Most Appreciated Poster
And the nominees are..........

#1 - Gibbsy
Written by TheDoctor11
A senior poster on the board, Gibbsy has been posting since 2009. During this time, he has made his mark on BigFooty, with achievements like having the Best Avatar on BigFooty to his name. He is always willing to help out in board affairs, and was even a candidate for the mod position eventually taken up by myself. One of the most level headed posters, every post of his will almost certainly add to whatever discussion that is taking place, and he is a great ambassador to the board on the other boards that he frequents. Indeed, the board would not be as good a place to visit if he was not a member.

#2 - Craegus
Written by TheDoctor11
One of the top designers on the board, Craegus is yet another senior member who has been around for quite some time, since 2008 in fact. His presence on the board has been marked but running the Designathon, and winning a large number of competitions. There is rarely a competition that Craegus has not entered, as he is always pumping out top class designs that would not be amiss in the professional ranks. He is also incredibly knowledgeable about logos and designs from all sports, being able to identify a large number of logos from a large variety of sports. Without his amazing designs, the board would be a far poorer place.

#3 - TheDoctor11
Written by workhorse
Our very own Spec Moderator, TheDoctor11 or ‘Doc’ joined BF in September of 2010. Just over a year later, on September 29th 2011, Doc became the new Spec Moderator for our board. His impact in this short-time has been outstanding, making slight changes and creating new and exciting times for the board. Doc was chosen to be moderator above a host of respected veterans of this board and that is a true testament to his hard-work, great attitude and likeability on this board. Doc has shown great commitment to the board in not only his tenure as mod, but before he was appointed as well. A level-headed poster, Doc controls this board outstandingly and has earned the respect (that he deserves) from everyone around him. On a personal note, Doc has been instrumental in assisting me with the FGD Awards and for that I say thank you and so should everyone else!

#4 - Mero
Written by workhorse
Probably the most notable Footy Graphic Design member is the extremely knowledgeable Mero. Mero is famous for his insightful AFL jumper history website, http://footyjumpers.com/. Mero isn't your usual poster, this man is a living dictionary on the history of AFL footy jumpers/logos/brand identities you name it! His unbelievable ability to help out with any question or fact that arises is uncanny. Mero is a true helper to this board and his intelligence and passion for footy jumpers is admired by many on this board along with me. Perhaps the most appreciated poster ever on this board due to his great knowledge, helpful nature and friendly attitude, Mero is definitely a perfect candidate for this type of award!

#5 - Omegaville
Written by workhorse
Our resident Footy Graphic Design Grammar and Punctuation Corrector, Omegaville, has been nominated for his second award! He may be a very controversial poster, but you can’t overlook the fact that he is a very highly valued member of our community. Having joined BF midway through 2010, Omega sparked the FGD board with his quirky statements, humorous gags, intellectual facts and general smart-assness! Despite his rather unusual pieces of design, Omega’s colourful contributions are always much appreciated. Let’s hope Omegaville continues to add a bit of life and exuberance to this board because without people like Omegaville, the Footy Graphic Design board just would not be the same!

Honorable mentions to
Mr Eagle
Sepul
Smeagle
Silent Alarm

******REMEMBER YOU CAN ONLY VOTE FOR ONE OPTION********

Just a reminder, I am now seeking nominations for the next award - Most Improved Designer of 2011

FGD Design Most Improved Designer of 2011 Award:
Who is the most improved designer on this board? Which person has shown a willingness to better their designs and can now be viewed as a top designer on this board? This award will be a testament to the designer and the amount that they have improved.

(Now remember that this award goes to the person that has improved their designs the most since beginning on the board. If a certain poster came to this board and immediately made fantastic designs than this award probably doesn't deserve to go to them. As nasty as that sounds :D)

All top contirbutors to the board, but my vote goes to Mero. His knowledge and commitment to the er, footy jumper cause is second to none and without him and his design efforts over the years, its hard to see the board as it is now really.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Talk about going down to the wire! Thanks for the kind words by the way Doc, I'm flattered. And the rest of you who voted for me, thankyou kindly. :)

Talk about going down to the wire! Thanks for the kind words by the way Doc, I'm flattered. And the rest of you who voted for me, thankyou kindly. :)

Oh **** off you big queen. Wish I could now change my vote. Mero deserves it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back