Flea Tiger for life

Remove this Banner Ad

Not going tomorrow night. But this bloke is the epitome of everything that is great about Richmond. A great of our club, also a magnificent player back in the day for the Big V. 🤩 Wish I'd kept an old photo I once took on my phone of Flea and me on matchday. Ripping bloke, he's so tiny. Hehehe. Barely came past my shoulder. I'm 6 foot 3.

I Remember flea turning up to a mates place with the 19 premiership cup week before Xmas.
Son and I were in la la land
A great man who’s done great things for the club.

Lee Weightman Raines Strachan Terry Smith Mount and … ahhhh. …Tempany all coming through together ! What days !!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Thought we'd be kings forever.
Nevertheless all great Richmond men

I still remember one of Flea's final games where he was suspended for three matches for striking Collingwood's Paul Williams. I was seated on the boundary fence right when it occurred and it is like a crystal clear still image engraved in my memory after all these years. The ball was spilling towards the boundary right in front of me and Williams was chasing it. From behind, Flea brought his fist around and whacked Williams right in the gob. Something flew out - it may have been a mouthguard, it may have been teeth. In either case, Williams was done. Dog act? Maybe...but...

Before the game the two teams were doing warm ups and at one point were running past each other. We had a first gamer (I can't recall who) and as the two teams passed each other Williams singled the kid out and hip and shouldered him to the ground. The first one to assist him up was Flea who whispered in his ear and ruffled his hair.

"I've got ya, mate"

What a legend.

I have a feeling that Northey didn't rate him, but if ever there was a Richmond player who deserved 300 games it was Dale Weightman.

He will be there tomorrow night like always.
Love the bloke.
Bleeds yellow and black.
Tigers come and go but Dale Weightman has been giving Tiger fans hope for generations.
One of my all time favourites, met him at the 2017 cup presentation in WA then sat behind him on a flight to Melbourne lovely bloke and no doubt a Tiger great.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lee Weightman Raines Strachan Terry Smith Mount and … ahhhh. …Tempany all coming through together ! What days !!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I remember one minute(1977) the first ruck division for Melbourne High in the Herald Shield was Lee Smith Weightman, and I think they often played those same positions for our u/19 team as well. 2-3 years later they all payed in our 1980 Grand Final team, and that was often our starting ruck division, though not in the Grand Final, when Terry Smith played as a half back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back