Premiership Player
Jun 1, 2005
Location, Location
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal
http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=25356

Basically, Floyd states that if his fight with Mosley does better on PPV than Manny's fight with Clottey, then Manny can forget about getting a 50-50 share of the proceeds.

He also goes on to say that the 14 day cut-off won't be an option, and that Manny will need to accept random testing all the way up until the fight.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Manny's last PPV against Cotto sold more than Floyd's most recent PPV against Marquez. With this in mind, it's a strange thing to say after the pair apparently agreed to a 50-50 split before the fight collapsed due to the drug testing issue.

It really makes you wonder whether he wants the fight to go ahead.

Mayweather is the most unlikeable great boxer ever. I would seriously shoot him in the face if given the chance. I would kill him. There's nothing good about him, he deserves to die painfully for killing boxing. He could have saved it had he fought Pacman, but he chose to kill the very thing that gave him everything. **** Mayweather in his ass.

I'd love to punch Mayweather in the face.

I'd probably miss but that's besides the point :p

Mosely is a bigger drawcard than Clottey.

just what i was about to say. that's the only reason Mayweather's playing this card. another way to manipulate a potential fight with Pacquiao

Mayweather is the most unlikeable great boxer ever.

He is today but if you look back to when Clay/Ali beat liston he was a much hated fighter up until his ban, after his ban finished he was & he returned to fighting he was more liked & respected.

But I get what your saying, I hate it when a big mouth can back up the talk & also use it as a means to do what they want rather then they should.

Stuff like this is why boxing is a shambles. To much focus on money (yes, I know...), and to much money going to too few. You're either rich as hell or a perennial struggler. The laissez-faire way has failed and brought the sport to it's knees. There needs to be some centralisation in it's titles, some amalgamation in it's weight classes and less "promoters" who are willing to kick the sport in the teeth for a few more bucks at any opportunity. There also needs to be given some promotion and meaning to the fights on the undercard. The 1 fight focus card is now defunct thanks to MMA, and boxing needs to learn from this, imo. Boxing is an amazing sport, one of the best in the world. It just needs to get it's s**t together.

Oh... and Mayweather can go suck a dick and I hope he get's beaten to a bloody pulp.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back