Metallica_Man

Premiership Player
Sep 22, 2006
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Melbourne-Victory-Logo.jpg

Melbourne Victory
Well, to be completely honest, I don't know much about soccer, but I decided to make a FM story. I'll be playing as Melbourne Victory. Wish me luck. :p

Melbourne Victory 2006
Metallica Man takes charge at Melbourne Victory
Melbourne Victory FC have announced that rookie Metallica Man will be the replacement for outgoing manager Ernie Merrick at Olympic Park.
It is Metallica Man's first job in management, and it is highly likely that the Melbourne Victory fans will be upset that a completely unproven manager has been placed in charge.​

Melbourne Victory 2006
Personal Message from Geoff Lord
Melbourne Victory Chairman Geoff Lord has welcomed you to Olympic Park, stating that even though the media might be questioning your management credentials, you have the full backing of the club's board.
Geoff Lord has indicated that this year's transfer budget will be $190k. The wage budget this season will be approximately $47,500 p/w.
In terms of your contract with the club, you have been given a deal until May 2007, worth $7,000 per week.​

sign scott mcdonald, trust me.

scored 18 goals for me in debut season....thats in only 25 odd games!

I'm up to my second season with Victory now, see if you can improve on my runner-up finish. Central Coast won the title. Fred won the league MVP. It'd be interesting to see how different your game turns out!

Melbourne Victory 2006
Melbourne Victory have today made a bid for Motherwell's Scott McDonald. The bid was said to be worth $100,000. Motherwell's decision will be announced in a few days.​

Melbourne Victory 2006
Motherwell stall over McDonald bid
Motherwell have decided to delay making a decision on whether to accept Melbourne Victory's offer for Scott McDonald.
Motherwell have indicated that they are keeping their options open and are hoping to recieve a higher offer from one of the other teams interested in the player's services.​

Melbourne Victory 2006
Walls physio report on Kristian Sarkies
Andrew Wallis has reported that attacking midfielder Kristian Sarkies has sustained a strained wrist while lifting weights during training.
Wallis advises you that Sarkies will be treated by the club's physios.
It is likely that Sarkies will be out for between a week and 2 weeks while he is being treated.​

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbourne Victory 2006
Walls physio report on Claudinho
Andrew Wallis has reported that striker Claudinho is suffering from a virus.
Wallis advises you that although a virus can obviously be treated at the club, sending Claudinho until he is fully recovered from his illness would minimise the risk of the illness spreading to other members of the squad.
Send Home: Out for between 2 weeks and 3 weeks.
Physio: Out for between a week and 2 weeks.​

Melbourne Victory 2006
Melbourne Victory have decided that striker Claudinho will be treated by the club physios. He will be out for between a week and 2 weeks.​

Melbourne Victory 2006
Perth Glory make McDonald bid
Perth Glory have made an offer for Motherwell's Scott McDonald.
Melbourne Victory manager Metallica Man has said he will be making a higher offer for Scott McDonald, saying he will try his hardest to get the young striker to come to Melbourne.​

Melbourne Victory 2006
Melbourne Victory increase Scott McDonald bid
Melbourne Victory have today increased the bid for Motherwell's Scott McDonald from $100,000 to $110,000. More details to come.​

Melbourne Victory 2006
Perth Glory's McDonald offer accepted
Motherwell have accepted the $141K offer from Perth Glory for Scott McDonald.​

Melbourne Victory 2006
Walls physio report on Simon Storey
Andrew Wallis has reported that left back Simon Storey has sustained a damaged shoulder after overexerting himself in the weights room during training.
Wallis advises you that Storey will be treated by the club's physios.
It is likely that Storey will be out for between a week and a month while he is treated.​

Melbourne Victory 2006
McDonald accepts Perth Glory offer
Motherwell's Scott McDonald has agreed terms with Perth Glory.​

Melbourne Victory 2006
Scott McDonald deal falls through
The deal taking Motherwell striker Scott McDonald to Perth Glory has been cancelled.
Perth Glory are restricted to a squad size of 20 players.​

Melbourne Victory 2006
Melbourne make another offer for Scott McDonald
Melbourne Victory have today announced they have offered $20K and Michael Ferrante to Motherwell for young striker Scott McDonald.​

Melbourne Victory 2006
Board Confidence Update
The Melbourne Victory directors are still sure that they made the right choice in appointing you as manager.
The club made a profit of $386K last month.​

Melbourne Victory 2006
Match Preview - S.A.S.I. v Melbourne Victory
Friendly, 2nd July @ 15:00
SASI Oval, Adelaide

Weather Forecast: Dry 15 degrees

Aleksic Reports on SASI
Sam Aleksic has not been able to see SASI in action but believes they are likely to field a 4-4-2 formation.
Aleksic believes that a potential threat to out defence will be the pace of central midfielder Mattew Mullen.
SASI Injured Players: Alex Sunasky
SASI Unavailable Players: None​

Melbourne Victory 2006
S.A.S.I. v Melbourne Victory
Friendly, 2nd July @ 15:00
SASI Oval, Adelaide

Weather Forecast: Dry 15 degrees

Melbourne Victory Squad
M Theoklitos (GK)
M Byrnes
A Leijer - G Claeys