Fox Footy previous incarnation recordings

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 17, 2005
Hobart Hurricanes Central
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sydney Thunder, Freo, GWS, Canes
Remember Fox Footy use to show the last few years of footage in the off season? I bought a whole heap of blank discs and I was going to record heaps of games in the off season of 2007, then they turned it off :(

Instead I have purchased most of the games that were on there however some from a few years are not available, did anyone record some of the old games from the late 90s - 07? if so what did you keep?

A bit off topic but I would love if one day there is a web service where we can search through fixtures, click on a match and watch it. From the 1970s right through to now. Obviously it would be paid, I would shell out at least $100 yearly to have that privilege
It would be awesome, or an AFL network, a friend of mine has the WWE network, $10 a month, every tv show, every PPV and access to old dvd releases PPVs old episodes etc, imagine the content they could provide if they could be bothered

A bit off topic but I would love if one day there is a web service where we can search through fixtures, click on a match and watch it. From the 1970s right through to now. Obviously it would be paid, I would shell out at least $100 yearly to have that privilege

gibbsy

its an absolute joke that there is no real archival footage of the VFL, Name a game/Sports delivered do most televised games from about 1991 onwards - when they havent lost the master copy - which seems to happen often! However, what about the VFL days, all that footage in the 1980's??? At least the ABC have old episodes of "the winners" available to buy, for seasons 1982 - most of them, a few episodes for season 1983, and most episodes for seasons 1984, 85 and 1986,unfortunately ch 7's replay program, sevens big league, was never archived by channel 7, so a lot of great footage is lost forever. What a waste!!!!

I dream of one day get hold of a heap of Old fox footy stuff from the 2002-2006 channel.
stuff like:
  • Saturday Central
  • Living With Footballers
  • The Gospel
  • Grumpy Old Men
  • Classic Quarters
  • The Fox Footy Archive
  • From The FOX Footy Vault
  • Footy Flashbacks
Old fox footy sh*ts over the new one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back