Fox footy - 'the kids' doco

Remove this Banner Ad

Bjo187

Premiership Player
Apr 30, 2020
AFL Club
Essendon
Saw this tonight on fox footy, I thought it was one better low profile AFL documentaries I've seen. Better than season 2 of 'show me the money'. Definitely worth watching for footy fans.

I watched it as well, was pretty underwhelmed unfortunately. Following three father son prospects didn’t really give much insight into the standard draft experience for kids, but also didn’t really give much in terms of how being a father son player was unique. The only real drama was about Jayden Davey’s injury issues, but apart from a bit of stuff with his mum talking they didn’t give much about him at all.

The AFLW players part was pretty light on as well, got to know Channy a little bit, but little context apart from her art and her relationship with her mum. I didn’t even realize she was older, being 21, until the end, but I may have missed something early on about her not being a ‘young’ prospect. No drama at all with Duursma being drafted and her reaction really said that she knew where she was going.

The main takeaway from the whole thing was that Will Ashcroft is really good at footy and loves his brother.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back