FoxFooty calling interstate games remotely

Remove this Banner Ad

I love the way the alpha dogs at Fox have gone into damage control. Garry Lyon, Healy and David King have been strong on SEN in their defence of the station. It's fair to say they've had a meeting about it, because they're all saying similar things. I've said before that I'd rather have some plonker newbies commentating at the ground than "legends" doing it from thousands of kms away. Surely they can get a few more locals in other states to do games

Last edited:

I’m more concerned with the substandard camera work that Footy is producing. The camera work on the Pies-Saints game was deplorable and it was pretty poor in other games too

Gerard Healy had another whine about this last night on SEN when it was suggested that some of Fox’s camera work was done only to let viewers know they were in Adelaide last weekend. He said something like, “I get out and about. I speak to people, and not ONE person has complained about us calling games from the studio”

Last edited:
Gerard Healy had another whine about this last night on SEN when it was suggested that some Fox’s camera work was done only to let viewers know they were in Adelaide last weekend. He said something like, “I get out and about. I speak to people, and not ONE person has complained about us calling games from the studio”
Well if no one is complaining to him about it, why is he constantly bringing it up?

Can't have it both ways, Gerard.

Obviously people are talking about it and it's getting under his skin.

May it continue until he and the other FoxFooty commentators get off their complacent backsides and attend the grounds in person.

Gerard Healy had another whine about this last night on SEN when it was suggested that some of Fox’s camera work was done only to let viewers know they were in Adelaide last weekend. He said something like, “I get out and about. I speak to people, and not ONE person has complained about us calling games from the studio”

Perfect for Gerard tonight, he is calling tonights game from Melbourne for SEN. Picks himself up a yiros on the way home and sleeps in his own bed.

The guy is not listening to any complaints. Neither is Whately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perfect for Gerard tonight, he is calling tonights game from Melbourne for SEN. Picks himself up a yiros on the way home and sleeps in his own bed.

The guy is not listening to any complaints. Neither is Whately.
Yep, definitely not good enough but still better than have Tim Gossage do it.

Brad Johnson struggles to articulate his words.
Thin on the ground down there at Fox on the Sat night graveyard shift.

Johnson is usually quite good I think.

How hard can it be to send a full team to Launceston? It's about an hour on the plane for crying out loud.

I didn't see the pregame but I remember Dunstall saying on Triple M on Friday that he was flying to Launceston for the call.

I honestly dont notice them calling it remotely. The standard of commentary in our sport has been so dire for so long i guess ive grown accustomed to it...

Havent had the sound on for friday night footy in years now. Mute, music on, and watch peacefully

You have a point re poor standard of commentary.

Any reason why Fox couldn't just have teams of callers in each of the various states; at least it would provide something fresh and we wouldn't have to put up with the same boring commentators game after game from Dwayne, Dermie, Kelly Underwood, King etc.

Occasionally you hear the likes of Adam Papalia over in the west and a few others and they are good callers who just call the bloody games without the theatrics, barracking and benign drivel the others are known for. At least you have people at the ground and if Fox want there pre and post shows, they can still do it from the Vic studio.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back