Review Fremantle d Adelaide by 11 pts

Remove this Banner Ad

It was a dead heat but surely you give it to Fyfe due to the win. If Adelaide won I would agree.

It was not a dead heat. Fyfe had more disposals (slightly higher efficiency) and a much better kick-handball ratio (which in the wet is gold). Fyfe had 14 clearances to Dangerfield's 9. Fyfe had 10 i50s and a goal assist to Dangerfield's 6 and none. Most importantly Fyfe gained almost twice as many metres. Dangerfield was also the biggest beneficiary of the dodgy umpiring with 5 frees for and his goal came after a blatant push in the back on Johnson.

Dangerfield was very good but, Fyfe had more impact on the game.

With that in mind, we should look to secure him. Dangerfield at Hawthorn will be a big problem for us. Dangerfield at Freo means we actually can rotate him and Fyfe forward, expect a less talented defender to do a better job due to the lack of clean clearances and it would mark the moment Freo turned around the issue of getting top talent across.

As long as his body is up to it.

I saw one of our physios go speak to him after the game for a few minutes checking on his calf as if he was almost sent out by Ross or the Steves or Lloyd to say "G'day mate, this is how good us Freo physios are"

I also saw Pav have a little chinwag with him. This could just be me hoping but maybe... Maybe...

He'll never be as good as Sylvia though ;););)

I saw one of our physios go speak to him after the game for a few minutes checking on his calf as if he was almost sent out by Ross or the Steves or Lloyd to say "G'day mate, this is how good us Freo physios are"

I also saw Pav have a little chinwag with him. This could just be me hoping but maybe... Maybe...

Mmhmm ;)

The best kept secret in football.

If it exists. Which I'm not saying it does. Just that it would be structurely and competitively beneficial to our side for a long time...

He is a diehard Hawks man and we are their biggest threat.

he should be more worried about his team making the top 4 rather than worrying about the Hawks on GF day which he seems to be.

We don't match up particularly well against them, so that would be a huge bonus for us if they drop out.

Mmhmm ;)

The best kept secret in football.

If it exists. Which I'm not saying it does. Just that it would be structurely and competitively beneficial to our side for a long time...

Getting Dangerfield in purple would be amazing. We wouldn't need a replacement for Pav, because you'd just rotate Fyfe & Danger through the midfield & FF

Stop it! All of you.

You're getting my hopes up....

How good would it be though :)

I'd have Sloane ahead of Dangerfield.
Sloane's good, but Dangerfield would allow us to have a resting mid in our forward line. Imagine having one of Barlow, Mundy, Fyfe or Dangerfield resting up forward, with the other 3 still in the midfield. Phwoar.

I'd be happy with Sloane, but if Fyfe, Dangerfield, Mundy, Hill and Neale all played ~20 games for us in a season we would probably go undefeated. We'll never get him though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back