News Gabba Upgrade & Olympics News

Remove this Banner Ad

It is getting worse, not sure if it is old news but there have been no transport infrastructure budgeted for yet for the QSAC mini stadium.

State Development Minister Grace Grace has admitted the government has not yet factored in the cost of mass public transport upgrades to the Queensland Sport and Athletics Centre in its budget. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
This is getting beyond a joke, can we move the election up to this weekend so we can get on with this? Hang on Crisafulli appears to not have a proper plan either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think both of these are very real possibilities.

Yup. The only other (and least preferred) possibility I see is Miles somehow ramming this all through before his position becomes untenable.

So they are proposing to spend $500million on transport infrastructure for a 2 week event at a 40000 seat stadium, which will then be reduced to a capacity of 14000. They must seriously be living in a parallel universe

It feels like the groundswell is building but it is disturbing how many people still see Miles's proposal as "cost-saving" when it is anything but.

If Miles is still able to call it "cost-saving" in a week's time without being laughed out of the room, then the media illiteracy of this nation is beyond fixing.

RULE 1

Don't commission an enquiry or a review unless you already know the outcome.

Giggles couldn't even get that right

RULE 2

Don't blame an unelected "powerbroker" for your own incompetence.

"But But...John Coates told me that's what he wanted"

It just makes you look weak as piss.

Coates is now the Minister for Infrastructure and Urban Planning......apparently

RULE 3

Don't treat the public as fools with your hand wringing about "costs" when even a rudimentary understanding of mathematics exposes the "cheap" option as actually more expensive in the long run.

Contrary to (maybe) popular belief, Queensland is not "broke", Thanks to coal royalties, the last State budget returned a surplus of $12B...........that's B as in Billion..... the largest ever recorded by an Australian State.

Depending on your political ideology, that's due to either a "progressive" coal royalties system(as the Guardian puts it

Last edited:
So they are proposing to spend $500million on transport infrastructure for a 2 week event at a 40000 seat stadium, which will then be reduced to a capacity of 14000. They must seriously be living in a parallel universe
Its complete madness because its got the fingerprints of Rugby League all over it. No other way to make sense of it. There is a real wiff on the nose here, plenty of hidden agendas

wouldnt be at all surprised if miles believed a wave of rugby league populism would help him electorally

on the flip side of this coin, vested interests acting on behalf of league have clearly taken advantage of a weak leader in political trouble
I imagine there is a WhatsApp group chat consisting of Wally Lewis, John Coates, Alan Graham and Vlandys discussing how they would manipulate Broncos fan boy Steven Miles into rejecting the independent review and a brand new stadium for the AFL and the Lions as well as ensuring Suncorp stadium gets a big upgrade and center stage.

Broncos neon sign on the side of Suncorp is beamed all over the world during the ceremonies lol

"Good boy Steven"

Screenshot_20240320-202934_Google.jpg

I imagine there is a WhatsApp group chat consisting of Wally Lewis, John Coates, Alan Graham and Vlandys discussing how they would manipulate Broncos fan boy Steven Miles into rejecting the independent review and a brand new stadium for the AFL and the Lions as well as ensuring Suncorp stadium gets a big upgrade and center stage.

Broncos neon sign on the side of Suncorp is beamed all over the world during the ceremonies lol

"Good boy Steven"

View attachment 1934107

Darryn Lockyer will light the torch in the stadium.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back