Game of Thrones - spoilers inside

Remove this Banner Ad

*grin* Mentioned to my wife that series one was book one and he was writing the seventh one now ... she indicated that she was not interested in reading them as there wasn't enough dragons/wizards/magic etc in it ... ie she could see this being something that really happened on Earth therefore not 'fantasy' / escapist enough for her!

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/f0d6/ For 30k you can have one, so dam cool.

gotk.jpg

And for our wedding anniversary my beloved bought me (us) a boxed set of game of thrones (7 books + 1 map) ... I was looking at some second-hand ones at a market the other day but they only had books 4 and 5 I think it was - apparently she would have burned them if I had bought them :( (good thing I didn't)

Great timing, gives me something to watch rather than the footy review shows tomorrow. Just finished reading book three, not sure if they are splitting this book up into two tv seasons, but either way it should make for great viewing.

I think going forward they're not going to follow the 1 book 1 season model as there's much content too squeeze in. They'll need to draw it out otherwise the tv show will eventually outpace the books.

Apparently there's also plans for a prequel series. Can't wait for tonight, this and the Walking Dead finale makes for a awesome monday night. Might give me motivation to finish the books again keeping get stuck towards the end of the third book.

I think going forward they're not going to follow the 1 book 1 season model as there's much content too squeeze in. They'll need to draw it out otherwise the tv show will eventually outpace the books.

Yep, season 3 (this season just started) is reportedly only half of book 3.

Couldn't believe that happened when reading the book. Almost felt a bit heartbroken :oops:

There are some great meltdown videos on youtube.
I've been waiting for this for ages, I'll be honest I never warmed to either of the characters so wasn't totally devastated. Definitely shocking though!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After Ned Stark I'd pretty much taken the approach that no one was safe so when I hit it in the books I was surprised but not shocked. I was more shocked later (spoilers!) when Catelyn came back, because no other major character had done that.

Well, Episode 10 has come and gone and they didn't even get to Joffrey's wedding, the one where.......

nah.....I won't be a spoiler;)

Be interesting to see if/how they get Prince Oberyn (of Dorne) into the action for the TV series.

They've already come up with a few composite characters and it wouldn't surprise me if this is another one.

i really hope george r r martin doesn't get a heart attack over the next couple of years and isnt able to finish the 7 books would destroy the lives of many

Well, Episode 10 has come and gone and they didn't even get to Joffrey's wedding, the one where.......

nah.....I won't be a spoiler;)

Be interesting to see if/how they get Prince Oberyn (of Dorne) into the action for the TV series.

They've already come up with a few composite characters and it wouldn't surprise me if this is another one.

think that will happen mid next season to set up tyrion doing..... :p in the finale

i really hope george r r martin doesn't get a heart attack over the next couple of years and isnt able to finish the 7 books would destroy the lives of many

There's so much $$$ locked up in them that they'll get someone else in to finish them, just like they did with Robert Jordan's books.

I did hear in an interview that it is possible that the TV series will finish before the books do.

The last three books have been spread over 11 years. With two more books to come (assuming no more split books) the books should be complete in 2022. With Book 3 being split into two TV seasons and assuming all further books will be so, the TV series will also finish in 2022. If you assume the remaining books won't be split into two, the TV series will finish in 2018 - four years before the books. :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back