GDFL Season 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't Inverleigh lose at Home on Sponsors day last week to lowly Belmont???

Pencil in BPH v North Grandfinal in seniors and quite possibly reserves.

They may have lost to Belmont, just a concentration loss. You can't be shmucks if your able to beat north Geelong which did come after a loss the game before. Thing might be with teams like inverleigh and maybe winchelsea is there best can beat the top but if there at 70-80% then they can't win on just talent alone. Should pose a threat to bph tomorrow. In saying that you could be right in your grand final predictions . can't bet against proven performers time and time again

They may have lost to Belmont, just a concentration loss. You can't be shmucks if your able to beat north Geelong which did come after a loss the game before. Thing might be with teams like inverleigh and maybe winchelsea is there best can beat the top but if there at 70-80% then they can't win on just talent alone. Should pose a threat to bph tomorrow. In saying that you could be right in your grand final predictions . can't bet against proven performers time and time again

Bloody Hell Inverleigh....Good call GDFL follower, that is a good win against a quality team, McDowell must have got them up for the test, if Belmont beat Inverleigh and Iverleigh beat BPF does that make Belmont premiership favorites?? ha ha only joking

I watched the same game and was excited to see what fev could do . But what I witnessed was a bloke who treated the Gdfl as a legends game . Yes the cheetahs didn't deliver the ball perfectly but he didn't even try , which was the most disappointing part .i could see the strain on Washo , which he looked like he didn't even want to be apart of it.
As a cheetah fan I don't want to see him return at all , prob would have played better without him , and be prouder

As someone who watched the Legends game live...I think you would have been a lot happier if Fev DID treat the GDFL like a legends game.

In any case, he was double and triple teamed for most of the match and the Cheetahs didn't know how to either stop that or take advantage. As someone who doesn't have an emotional connection it was pretty clear that Fev didn't play his best but the Cheetahs weren't even close to North Geelong in quality.

Hi, Just a quick post to introduce my self and ask a question. I'm a fan of local footy (Ballarat boy) and found the youtube uploads of the GDFL games...looking forward to downloading and watching them as an alternative to the AwFuL's cycle of prime time TV games (Essendon,Collingwood,Hawthorn....week after week) I'm also a fan of the VFL Dogs. I was wondering if there are any weekly podcasts by local radio stations about the GDFL?

Great effort by the Belmont Lions to end West's finals chances on Saturday, the team included 2 current u18 boys brought up for their first senior games plus 4 boys from last years 18s side which is a good sign for the club goin forward. Out to Anakie this week with a chance to make it 4 in a row......

Great effort by the Belmont Lions to end West's finals chances on Saturday, the team included 2 current u18 boys brought up for their first senior games plus 4 boys from last years 18s side which is a good sign for the club goin forward. Out to Anakie this week with a chance to make it 4 in a row......

Belmont have gone on a nice streak with some big wins and also quietly so have east geelong putting a few good games together including a win over inverleigh. Anyone still think its a two horse race or has it opened up a little with Bannockburn taking it up to north geelong. Did anyone watch that game? Weribee are done and we'll see where winchelsea after games against east, bph and inverleigh.

This is going to be an interesting end to the season for positions 3-7th, check this out and post your predictions.
Current points and last 4 rounds.

Inverleigh 40: Corio, West, Anakie, Winch (52?)
East 36:
West, Anakie, Winch, Banno (52?)
Winch 36:
Belmont, BPH, East, Inver (44?)
Bannockburn 32
: W/bee, Belmont, BPH, East (36-40?)
Werribee 28:
Banno, North, Thomson, Belmont (40?)

Winch has to beat Belmont in a danger game and Inverleigh round 18 and Banno/Wbee have to pinch one against a top team.

The Belmont Lions are up and about,im fairly confident they can take it right up to the reigning premiers at Jetts oval/Winter resort,based on the last 6 weeks of results and a couple of hand picked recruits over the upcoming off season,they have the potential to be real force in 2015.There were 6 players 19 and under against Bannockburn.GO LIONS!!!!!
LEO the LION

Well well, do winch win another game? Talking to a bloke who went and saw the game and said winchelsea were completely outplayed and basically stopped to a walk in the last quarter ? Big 2 weeks for that team coming up try get some confidence back. Looks like the last round will be crucial, nth v bph. Winch v inva. East v banno. All tough games. Could be 3 times in 5 weeks north play bell post hill, inverleigh must pose a serious threat with their form and how they've held up against those two top sides even tho no matter how much the coach or players play down finals it is a different beast. Will be interesting to watch play out

Well well, do winch win another game? Talking to a bloke who went and saw the game and said winchelsea were completely outplayed and basically stopped to a walk in the last quarter ? Big 2 weeks for that team coming up try get some confidence back. Looks like the last round will be crucial, nth v bph. Winch v inva. East v banno. All tough games. Could be 3 times in 5 weeks north play bell post hill, inverleigh must pose a serious threat with their form and how they've held up against those two top sides even tho no matter how much the coach or players play down finals it is a different beast. Will be interesting to watch play out

Anyone know how has breguet come back from injury? Any major injury concerns for any top sides coming into finals?

This is going to be an interesting end to the season for positions in the top 5, check this out and post your predictions.
Current points and last 2 rounds.

North and BPH top 2, anyones guess in order?

3: Inverleigh 48: Anakie, Winch (56?)
4: East 44:
Winch, Banno (52?)
5: Winch 36:
East, Inver (36-40?)
6: Werribee 32:
Thomson, Belmont (40?)
7: Bannockburn 32
: BPH, East (32?)

Belmont have hurt the chances of both Winch and Bannockburn with good upset wins.
It looks like basically coming down to Winch beating Inver and W'bee beating Belmont in the last round for 5th spot.
Whoever makes it will be hard pushed to beat East but lets be honest, BPH v North grand final again in the seniors and very possibly in the reserves as well.

This is going to be an interesting end to the season for positions in the top 5, check this out and post your predictions.
Current points and last 2 rounds.

North and BPH top 2, anyones guess in order?

3: Inverleigh 48: Anakie, Winch (56?)
4: East 44:
Winch, Banno (52?)
5: Winch 36:
East, Inver (36-40?)
6: Werribee 32:
Thomson, Belmont (40?)
7: Bannockburn 32
: BPH, East (32?)

Belmont have hurt the chances of both Winch and Bannockburn with good upset wins.
It looks like basically coming down to Winch beating Inver and W'bee beating Belmont in the last round for 5th spot.
Whoever makes it will be hard pushed to beat East but lets be honest, BPH v North grand final again in the seniors and very possibly in the reserves as well.

Think your on the money with bph north in both grades. Both teams look in form and this week will determine top spot. Just think north have been purring all year just waiting for this time of year. The interesting game is winchelsea vs inverleigh and if inva rest players seeing they can't go up or down from 3rd spot. Winchelsea need to win to make finals otherwise weribee will leap frog them with a win against Belmont

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Inverleigh are the big winners of the round with winch beating east. They have 3rd spot and this week they can rest players while BPH and north go hammer and tong for top spot. They will be fresh and ready to go when they play the loser at St. Albans.

Who does everyone think will win this week and take top spot? My money would be on North. The home ground advantage, hitting form at the right time of year and adding a proven 100 goal a season forward to the side will be too much for the ageing Panthers.
I'm also predicting inverleigh to get at least 1 victory over the top 2 in the finals series but can't see them sustaining it for 3-4 matches. Exciting future ahead for the Hawks either way.

Good effort by BPH to finish on top considering they lost quite a few players from last year. Does anyone know why Tyson Stott's clearance never went through? He would have been a handy addition to the side. Perhaps you may have some idea Bizza?

Good effort by BPH to finish on top considering they lost quite a few players from last year. Does anyone know why Tyson Stott's clearance never went through? He would have been a handy addition to the side. Perhaps you may have some idea Bizza?

Great effort by the panthers, there wouldn't be a lot of people at start of the season that would of thought they'd be top 3 let alone a dominant first. I included. Tips for this weekend? Not sure if inverleigh can get over north geelong, just too strong across the board. Also think its a coin toss with east Geelong and winchelsea, winchelsea to fight on and win by 20

Since when has an award voted by umpires ever been a true reflection, I would love to see who picks gdfl team of the year because there has been some pretty ordinary players picked in them over time

Since when has an award voted by umpires ever been a true reflection, I would love to see who picks gdfl team of the year because there has been some pretty ordinary players picked in them over time

Give us your TOTY then blurty. The guys that do match of the round pick the side

Apparently Challis signed at Newtown for next season half way through this year, however East are picking up McKee and Stav from South Barwon. If that's the case, I would presume Jesse Mawson would return with them.

Apparently Challis signed at Newtown for next season half way through this year, however East are picking up McKee and Stav from South Barwon. If that's the case, I would presume Jesse Mawson would return with them.

Do you think Rick will be coaching them next year? If he isnt I heard maybe Grant Tanner, has connections with certain East people???? How much would MKee and Stav be on to leave Sth Barwon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back