GDFL Season 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was thinking Breguet, Lucas Murphy, Clark etc...
Question - if you're a part of a team that buys a flag like Ammos does it feel the same as being a part of a team that builds up and grows together to win a flag? I don't think it would. 3/4 of those blokes wouldn't be there without the paychecks.

Was thinking Breguet, Lucas Murphy, Clark etc...
Question - if you're a part of a team that buys a flag like Ammos does it feel the same as being a part of a team that builds up and grows together to win a flag? I don't think it would. 3/4 of those blokes wouldn't be there without the paychecks.
Agree 100%. AFL Barwon is talking about bringing in a points system, that's similar to a salary cap. Eg. recruiting an ex AFL player will cost you say 5 points, ex VFL 4 points, GFL 2 points etc. Play a home grown recruit and you get 2 points etc etc. Teams will still find a way around it though. I hear teams like AMMOS pay petrol, car rego, insurance, rent, bills etc etc for players, then declare they only pay $120000 a season for all players.

The points system is in local cricket. It encourages clubs to blood juniors and stops clubs overloading on recruits.

Punchy any more movements down at Winters Reserve? Is it true there a few Belmont boys heading down the highway to Winchelsea,

VARDY a LION: K-Rock footy website: BELMONT Lions have delivered on their plan to add more firepower up forward for the 2015 season as they look to end an eight-year finals drought, announcing the arrival of Ben Vardy and Michael Leamer.
Vardy, the brother of Geelong big man Nathan, has TAC Cup experience with Gippsland Power and arrives at Winter Reserve from Alberton league club Toora.
While Leamer kicked 111 goals in 43 games with Kedron during its stint in various QAFL competitions.
It is another handy addition for the Lions, who announced the arrival of star GDFL Team of the Year backman Brad MacKenzie from Winchelsea in September.

I can't think of any bfl players dominating besides from Breguet??

Kane bonner, skrobalak, brad Mackenzie, Brendan wall, al Hahn, jimmy Donaldson, mench, josh Rees, josh Blair, Tom mullane-grant and Ben Davis! Im sure their is plenty more! That's just off the top of my head! All the players above all cut sides apart

Cut teams apart is probably pushing it a little. Maybe cellar dwellers apart... Josh rees goes alright. Skrobolak always posed problems for his sheer size. The thing that's always going to hurt the gdfl in this argument is the bottom 5-6 sides and its normally easy pickings for a lot of guys not just these 'ex bfl now apparent gdfl suprstars'

Big Ben Vardy a great recruit for the Belmont Lions,at 6'4' and capable of playing CHF or CHB,just turned 20yo so plenty of upside to this kid,together with Brad Mackenzie who is well known and respected in the region,a quality running defender and GDFL team of the year 2012 & 2013,also Michael Leamer a full forward out of the QAFL Div 2 for Kedron,who has kicked 108 goals from 32 games in the last 2 years.Stay tuned some more prize recruits may just be heading to the LIONS Den.We may just see Belmont playing finals football for the first time in 8 years.

Cut teams apart is probably pushing it a little. Maybe cellar dwellers apart... Josh rees goes alright. Skrobolak always posed problems for his sheer size. The thing that's always going to hurt the gdfl in this argument is the bottom 5-6 sides and its normally easy pickings for a lot of guys not just these 'ex bfl now apparent gdfl suprstars'
Josh Rees didn't finish top 10 in Barwon heads b&f the last twos years he was there. Shows the drop in standard I reckon.

I don't know this bloke Belmont has got from kedron but I have played a lot of football in the qafl div 2 and played in the gdfl in 2013 and the qld comp is much better footy. example Dan Kelly was one of blue west most important player in 2013 and he was running around in the 2 s in that comp last season. So for this bloke to kick bags of goals in the qafl 2 he will do very well and my be the difference in Belmont making the 5 next season.

Kane bonner, skrobalak, brad Mackenzie, Brendan wall, al Hahn, jimmy Donaldson, mench, josh Rees, josh Blair, Tom mullane-grant and Ben Davis! Im sure their is plenty more! That's just off the top of my head! All the players above all cut sides apart

Wouldnt say Adam skrobalak was has a fair resume

skrobalak dominated bfl before crossing to gdfl, leading goal kicker in bfl. Lucas murphy has kicked 100 in both leagues. i think gdfl and bfl are a lot closer than people think.

Interesting that Banno have kept Brauman this season. He is a gun. I would assume VFL clubs like Geelong and Werribee would be asking him to play GFL as i know they made a couple of BFL players go to the GFL.

Just throwing this out as the debate about standard between GDFL and BFL continues.Going on 2014.This would be my prodiction on top 8 if we combined the 2 leagues. Ammos, , Torquay, , Queenscliff, BellPost Hill, Barwon Heads, North Geelong, Drysdale and Inverleigh.That probably gives you a difference between leagues.Only my opinion .Would like to see others.

As a bloke who has played with and against TMG i find it very hard to believe he would get dropped for attitude. They went for a small, quick forward line that beat Qcliff in the semi but couldn't get the job done in the GF.

I saw Moreland has been playing cricket at Corio Bay. Any chance he will get drafted or rookie listed?

Moreland hasn't had any interest from any clubs and will be staying at West

Did I hear correctly that Matthew Jovanavic signed at East geelong as they got him work butthat has since fallen through and he has walked out ? And I also heard the Hayden Graham has also walked out on East? Can anyone confirm this.

Did I hear correctly that Matthew Jovanavic signed at East geelong as they got him work butthat has since fallen through and he has walked out ? And I also heard the Hayden Graham has also walked out on East? Can anyone confirm this.

Jovanavic bit is true. Challis has gone too, some team up bush/ballarat way, prymkie been taking calls for months from clubs hes looking for a job too I heard? PS I know a bloke at East so not just making stuff up........Alcoa closing has not helped East with recruiting and retaining players, they were on a good wicket there for awhile.

Jovanavic bit is true. Challis has gone too, some team up bush/ballarat way, prymkie been taking calls for months from clubs hes looking for a job too I heard? PS I know a bloke at East so not just making stuff up........Alcoa closing has not helped East with recruiting and retaining players, they were on a good wicket there for awhile.
I know a guy at East, he mentioned maybe a partnership with Grace McKellar or something and that a number of 2015 recruits would be missing training every second week as they will be entering a team in the superrules who play every second Sunday on top of their weekly GDFL Commitments

I know a guy at East, he mentioned maybe a partnership with Grace McKellar or something and that a number of 2015 recruits would be missing training every second week as they will be entering a team in the superrules who play every second Sunday on top of their weekly GDFL Commitments
I see what you did there....

I see that Belmont has given their ressies coaches the flick from this year and they have been appointed at Winch! Apparently they made some high demands to coach ressies and were directed to the closest door haha... From all reports they were not really liked at the Lions and they wish Winch all the best with them. I have also just been infromed at the local that there seems to be half a dozen Winch boys training at Belmont can you confirm this Punchy? Ohh the silly season..

I see that Belmont has given their ressies coaches the flick from this year and they have been appointed at Winch! Apparently they made some high demands to coach ressies and were directed to the closest door haha... From all reports they were not really liked at the Lions and they wish Winch all the best with them. I have also just been infromed at the local that there seems to be half a dozen Winch boys training at Belmont can you confirm this Punchy? Ohh the silly season..

So far it has been a good swap thanks mate, yes you are correct we have McKenzie as assisant coach, quality player and bloke then you throw a couple more fom Winch including Mench and Vanderklooster who are training well.....ha ha the last bit was a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back