GDFL Season 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon they'd beat Newcomb, and only be competitive against Port, Anglesea and Modda, they'd be close games. Port beat Anglesea by 40 in round 16.

Utter crap! Have you seen them play????, I would bet money BPH and North Geelong are a class above most BFL teams apart from obviously $$$ Ammos $$$- maybe Torquay and next year Barwon Heads $$$, not sure about OG and Drydale with all due respect. They are both well coached with very handy footballers. This is a great discussion forum where all opinions are welcome, but the GDFL standard has improved heaps, I would love to see East play Modda, or Belmont play Port, to see how the teams would go.

Keep posting GDFL gentleman, have you seen the difference in posts for both leagues, at least we are passionate.

Utter crap! Have you seen them play????, I would bet money BPH and North Geelong are a class above most BFL teams apart from obviously $$$ Ammos $$$- maybe Torquay and next year Barwon Heads $$$, not sure about OG and Drydale with all due respect. They are both well coached with very handy footballers. This is a great discussion forum where all opinions are welcome, but the GDFL standard has improved heaps, I would love to see East play Modda, or Belmont play Port, to see how the teams would go.

Keep posting GDFL gentleman, have you seen the difference in posts for both leagues, at least we are passionate.
Passionate yes, but slightly misinformed. Have you seen any BFL games also? The gap is much bigger than you think. OG and Drysdale would easily beat any GDFL team. Modda would cream East, and likewise Port would cream Belmont. Not utter crap, just an opinion. I agree Ammos and Torquay are the $$$ teams, but the smaller coastal teams have more passion.

What im saying is the room to move and skill and poor delivery in general makes it harder for GFL players to adapt to.Your point is correct on Bell post hill and many say they would be a bottom 4 in Bfl which is rubbish.Im not a Bell post hill follower but I have no doubt with the talent and the style they have would be a top 4 side in the BFL .Unfortunately with GDFL and BFL to much gap between top 4 and bottom 4 but im not a fan of 3 divisions.

totally agree

Punchy your right I follow all leagues having played in all 3 and Bell post hill are a class outfit and would be in the top 5.Good we all have opinions and as I stated big jump from top 4 and bottom 4 in both leagues.I just hope the gap closes as We all like to see close games

Punchy any more movements down at Winters Reserve? Is it true there a few Belmont boys heading down the highway to Winchelsea,

Having played both leagues in the last few years i would place BPH middle of the road in the BFL. I don't think they'd be above Ammos, Torquay, Qcliff, OG or BH. The skill difference between the leagues is bigger than i thought it would be. The strength, fitness and professionalism is also much greater in the BFL - this was noticeable from my first preseason session.

Older blokes from the BFL have stepped back to the GDFL for a retirement package and seem to be doing it easy on 1 leg.

The coastal BFL teams have very passionate (vocal!!) supporters as well. It feels like you are taking on a whole town sometimes, especially places like BH, OG, Anglesea, Qcliff.

Punchy any more movements down at Winters Reserve? Is it true there a few Belmont boys heading down the highway to Winchelsea,

Yes a couple are heading down there, they were handy players but chose to play reserves all year. Good swap for Brad McKenzie who has started training and looks good. Pretty sure all the senior core have re-signed and a few recruits have committed, one of them will get people talking, will be a good pickup, it will be in the Addy soon, and sorry I cant say. One good point to remember is when we won those 7 games in the second half of the season we had 3 under 18s playing plus 4 under 18s from the previous year all in the team, juniors are the future for a strong GDFL club and luckily we have a few handy young kids who are loyal and sticking around.

PS Brodie Edge will be up in the League Best and Fairest. He will have a huge year!

Geez ammos are looking that good. Would put them in top 6 of gfl atm. Streety though surely washed up by now

Watto 321..You and I think alike.......great to hear Punchy young kids are hanging around .They are the future of the club...Any club willing to give the kids a taste will benefit in 3 to 5 years time with a few experience heads around at there peak not on one leg getting $$$$$Any rumors on East as I follow with interest ..?

Watto 321..You and I think alike.......great to hear Punchy young kids are hanging around .They are the future of the club...Any club willing to give the kids a taste will benefit in 3 to 5 years time with a few experience heads around at there peak not on one leg getting $$$$$Any rumors on East as I follow with interest ..?

Any word on Thomson apart from Squizzy and Reece coaching?
Was at Buckleys last Satdey, word has it Ranga McLeod rooted one of the coaches misses after the meet the coaches night. wouldn't surprise me, he has always been a little snake avoiding fines that our taxes pay his whole life

My name is Nevada Cornwell and I am not Nev the Dev, I wish whoever this is would state their name so others do not think these are my comments

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blokes stealing cars to get to training? OMG! What next? We all carry guns in our holsters to training?, western style! lol

This is a footy forum about rumours in football not about someones personal life .To come out with a statement as you did Nev the Dev could lead to alot of trouble .So I suggest guys we stick to the topic of footy.

How are everyone's numbers looking? 50+ on the track at werribee. A lot of U18s in a good sign for the club. Not bad considering the loss of 10+ senior players who have not returned including smith Cassidy fletcher Cornish knight mcguiness hall

How are everyone's numbers looking? 50+ on the track at werribee. A lot of U18s in a good sign for the club. Not bad considering the loss of 10+ senior players who have not returned including smith Cassidy fletcher Cornish knight mcguiness hall
Must be November Werribee have heaps on the track, and let me guess have also picked up a number of Guns from Hoppers and the WRFL?

Smith & fletcher to hoppers, where have the rest gone?

Must be November Werribee have heaps on the track, and let me guess have also picked up a number of Guns from Hoppers and the WRFL?
Most would be 18s. And surprisingly for once not a recruit from hoppers
Smith & fletcher to hoppers, where have the rest gone?
smith hoppers crossing, fletcher Melton, Cassidy and knight spotswood, the rest north footscray or werribee districts

Having played both leagues in the last few years i would place BPH middle of the road in the BFL. I don't think they'd be above Ammos, Torquay, Qcliff, OG or BH. The skill difference between the leagues is bigger than i thought it would be. The strength, fitness and professionalism is also much greater in the BFL - this was noticeable from my first preseason session.

Older blokes from the BFL have stepped back to the GDFL for a retirement package and seem to be doing it easy on 1 leg.

The coastal BFL teams have very passionate (vocal!!) supporters as well. It feels like you are taking on a whole town sometimes, especially places like BH, OG, Anglesea, Qcliff.

Watto123 who are you referring to? Give a couple of examples
"Older blokes from the BFL have stepped back to the GDFL for a retirement package and seem to be doing it easy on 1 leg".

I can't think of any bfl players dominating besides from Breguet??

Jovanovic had a pretty good year or two with bph also. But even he in his last year was by all reports on the brink of not getting a game there. Breguet is the only other I can think of also but a case could be made that he never dominated once he cane against the best bph. To return to the old argument of standard. Gdfl's bottom 5-6 are rubbish. But to say bph would be a bottom 4 side in the bfl is ridiculous. Ammos are a class above any bfl side and its not close as is bph in the gdfl. Bph don't buy in the argument of buying old passed it players for cash so that points moot. If they wouldn't make finals or be very close anywhere from 3-6 then there is something seriously wrong in Geelong football. Not just gdfl

Last edited:
Jovanovic had a pretty good year or two with bph also. But even he in his last year was by all reports on the brink of not getting a game there. Breguet is the only other I can think of also but a case could be made that he never dominated once he cane against the best bph. To return to the old argument of standard. Gdfl's bottom 5-6 are rubbish. But to say bph would be a bottom 4 side in the bfl is ridiculous. Ammos are a class above any bfl side and its not close as is bph in the gdfl. Bph don't buy in the argument of buying old passed it players for cash so that points moot. If they wouldn't make finals or be very close anywhere from 3-6 then there is something seriously wrong in Geelong football. Not just gdfl
What about Sam Clark, a soak, and other issues, no BFL club wanted to touch him after he left Ammos; played regularly with Nth Geelong. That NG culture again, and their top 2 in GDFL?? Ammos aren't a class above other teams in BFL, they are CASH AHEAD ONLY.

What about Sam Clark, a soak, and other issues, no BFL club wanted to touch him after he left Ammos; played regularly with Nth Geelong. That NG culture again, and their top 2 in GDFL?? Ammos aren't a class above other teams in BFL, they are CASH AHEAD ONLY.

Fair call, forgot about his stint at ammos. Not sure what happened this year he didn't have much effect with them and from watching him a few times over the last few years you could tell if he had a crack and gave a s**t that he was a good footy player. Pity he wasted it. Can't comment on the ng culture. Sad thing is cash or no cash they are that much above every other team and by the looks of it that 100 point margin doesn't look to be closing with a few recruits they've got. If they snag bachelor that's borderline unfair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back